HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Park in driveway, not on streets
Posted by: Price ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:01AM

Is there a law or smthfg that would force people to move cars to their driveways and not to park on streets? I know there are snow emergency signs for major roads, but what about local/community roads? It would make snow plowing much easier and complete.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Park in driveway, not on streets
Posted by: beenthere ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:20AM

No, I want the snow plow driver to plow my car in on the street as well as in my driveway....

Posted by: home ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:33AM

We had a message left by fairfax city on our home answering machine saying to move your cars but we dont even live in the city. Did anyone else get this?

Posted by: chris ()
Date: February 05, 2010 10:43AM

Weather Alert: Move Vehicles from City Streets for Effective Snow Removal

Due to the forecasted snow emergency, the City of Fairfax requests that residents remove their vehicles from city streets by the time snow plowing begins in their neighborhoods. Please park vehicles in your driveways or parking lots while the snow plows are in operation.

This will allow snow plows to more effectively clear your city streets.

Also, residents and businesses are encouraged to clear snow and ice from their sidewalks and walkways.

You may call the Snow Command Center at 703-385-2629 during the snowstorm to report any problems with snow or ice on city streets, roadway blockages and downed limbs or utility wires.

Receive weather-related news and information on city services with eMAS, the city’s electronic message alert system. Sign up on the city’s Web site at www.fairfaxva.gov .

Be sure to check back often for city news and information, or call 703-273-1776 for city news and updates.

Date: February 05, 2010 10:52AM

I have a fucking idiot neighbor who always parks his cars in the street when snow comes. He literally takes them out of his garage and puts them in the street. Then, instead of just shoveling out his driveway to get his cars out, he has to shovel his driveway and then dig out of the drifts the plows pile up around his cars. What a fucking moron.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: tubby ()
Date: February 05, 2010 12:52PM

You'd have to be a stupid motherfucker to leave any vehicle (that you want to keep) on the street when it snows. Sumbitches can't drive when it's dry.

I move all my shit as far from the street as possible when it snows. They won't all fit in the driveway, so I park some of 'em in the back yard.

Posted by: Good Sound Advice ()
Date: February 05, 2010 01:09PM

All these stupid people shoveling and buying ice melt. I always advise my neighbors to just boil some water and pour it on the ice, snow goes away real quick.

Date: February 05, 2010 01:11PM

Good Sound Advice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All these stupid people shoveling and buying ice
> melt. I always advise my neighbors to just boil
> some water and pour it on the ice, snow goes away
> real quick.

Nothing wrong with rock salt. However, people tend to go ape shit with the stuff and cake their sidewalks with it. You only need a little bit to melt the ice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: February 05, 2010 01:16PM

And remember, rock salt is great for maintaining a healthy, lush green lawn!

Posted by: chris ()
Date: February 05, 2010 01:19PM

If we do get 2 feet of snow and you leave your car on the side of the road have fun digging it out of 4 feet of frozen slush/snow.

Date: February 05, 2010 01:29PM

Eastsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And remember, rock salt is great for maintaining a
> healthy, lush green lawn!

That's why I use a little.

Posted by: Good Sound Advice ()
Date: February 05, 2010 02:13PM

If you spread rock salt evenly on the roof, windshield and hood of your car BEFORE the snow falls, it will melt away and you won't have to clean it off.

But only do this if you have a nicer, late model car, because cars with cheaper paint jobs don't have the top coat and will be harmed.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.