HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fake IDs vs Real IDs in Virginia
Posted by: ReporterRae ()
Date: January 31, 2007 04:45PM

Hello! - I'm a student journalist working on an article for a class about Fake IDs ... I'm not from Virginia (NY originally) and I know that most bars in NYC are though about cracking down on fake NY Licenses, which are nearly impossible to reproduce. Does anyone know anything about the security measures that the Virginia DMV puts on their state licenses? Scanning codes, holograms, blacklight protection, etc... ? On a personal level, those who go out a lot in VA have you found that there is a high level of security when it comes to checking IDs or is it lax? What are the punishments for having a fake ID?

Any help would be great!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fake IDs vs Real IDs in Virginia
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: January 31, 2007 06:16PM

Why would a journalist ask these questions here? If you want accurate info, go to the source and ask VA DMV on security measures. For penalties, consult VA code or email a free attorney info site. Good luck in your"journalism" career.

Posted by: Richard ()
Date: January 31, 2007 08:26PM

Or just go to DMV and get your license updated. If your living here now you should have one. Then you can study the security measures up close at your leasure.

Posted by: We have fancy ID's now ()
Date: March 16, 2015 07:18AM

My daughter tried to purchase alcohol in Ohio and they could not figure out her Virginia driver's license. It was not in their book of examples.

Posted by: derp derp ()
Date: March 16, 2015 06:34PM

You do realize that this thread is over EIGHT years old right?

Posted by: derp cubed ()
Date: March 17, 2015 01:19AM

derp derp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You do realize that this thread is over EIGHT
> years old right?
>
>

So you would think that the article the OP was working on would have been published somewhere by now, no? I was not able to find it online anywhere. Truly puzzling.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.