HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
When will MD just fuck off?? Maryland "emergency" doctor lies to radio: claims he has several ....
Posted by: wtop is dmv tokyo rose ()
Date: July 02, 2018 05:53PM

When will MD just fuck off?? Maryland "emergency" doctor lies to radio: claims he has Several BURN VICTIMS a year burned by ... SPARKLERS.

I've never in my life heard of anyone incl. a child burned badly enough to take an $$$ trip to the emergency room for a SPARKLER.

I've never heard of someone being injured by a sparker Period.

I'm calling this MD man a liar and calling him out. PICS OR IT DIDN"T HAPPEN. THAT MD DOCTOR DID NOT GET SEVERAL EMERGENCY BURN VICTIMS PER YEAR (likely never in his life) from sparklers.

The doctor also claimed he got several burn victims a year from "tipped over firework displays" (meaning, aerial fireworks setup by pros that tipped over and hit a crowd, he said). rarely in my life have i ever heard of a firework display injuring a crowd (scaring yes, injuring NO). this doctor claims he gets several a year. he lives in a county and how many "fireworks displays" a year are in his general area/county? likely one.

mother fucker is a liar. he kept saying "we".

(next note: MD has strict laws against most fireworks)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When will MD just fuck off?? Maryland "emergency" doctor lies to radio: claims he has several ....
Posted by: xbhjf ()
Date: July 02, 2018 05:54PM

061611-sparklers7.jpg

MD says your crazy and want to force you on medication and take your children if you do this ...

Re: When will MD just fuck off?? Maryland "emergency" doctor lies to radio: claims he has several ....
Posted by: ymunw ()
Date: July 02, 2018 05:55PM

WEB-10-622x350.jpg

i mean this! (and that kid is a faker. kids don't like colored paper more than real sparklers!!!)

Posted by: n7nmt ()
Date: July 02, 2018 05:57PM

smiling-boy-holding-sparklers-focus-260nsparkler-cup-750x497.jpg

in my day, if your parents made you do this and other kids saw you do it, they might beat you up. really.

Posted by: minor correction ()
Date: July 02, 2018 06:17PM

several years ago i did hear of the only sparkler injury i ever heard of in my life. it was a "over-sized" large sparkler and the injury was not from normal use, the child very young, and the parents were negligent in instruction and not even watching the children.

so what?! that's how all injuries happen if it's sparklers or sticks and stones.

are these loud mouth doctors outlawing mothers who take infants in the car in car seats? every year

OVER 300 infants die a year from otherwise minor/livable accidents. mother's are "warned" not to bring infants into cars due to the probability of minor car accidents. BUT THERE'S NO LAW AGAINST IT YET.

--------------------------

this maryland doctor would rather piss all over USA's sparklers than attend to real matters

Posted by: He's not lying, you're triggered ()
Date: July 02, 2018 06:32PM

I remember my neighbor getting badly burned by a sparkler when I was a kid - third degree burns to her hand when she grabbed what she thought was an unlit sparkler but had actually just extinguished.

"rarely in my life have i ever heard of a firework display injuring a crowd (scaring yes, injuring NO)."

The Vienna fireworks display shot into the crowd a few years ago:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/12/AR2010111206506.html

""It's nice to have some validation," Hollis, 39, said after the verdict. She suffered not only severe burns to her head, face, arms and torso, but also large, penetrating shrapnel wounds and lasting brain injury from a concussion wave that left "a lot of dead zones in Katy's head," as her attorney, Scott A. Surovell, put it.

Another suit is forthcoming for Hollis's younger son, who spent three days in a coma and also sustained burns and severe brain injury. The extent of damage to Max, now 7, is still being determined, Surovell said."

Posted by: xnpyc ()
Date: July 02, 2018 06:47PM

All children get burned, cry to mommy, having touched hot metal. It's how kids learn and remember that metal that is not glowing might still "hurt".

Because this happens on an oversized sparkler once in national news in a lifetime is not room to convict sparklers.

The child still had to learn about hot metal. if it was not a hot wire it would have been a hot pan.

Posted by: pkuvk ()
Date: July 02, 2018 06:49PM

(if i remember the details of the oversized sparkler incident, the child had held the sparkler AFTER it had expired, which because it was an overized on, was still hot enough to leave a burn. i do NOT believe any flesh melted off - the parents were perhaps over cautious taking the child to the emergency room - and likely did so hoping to sue or something)

Posted by: Liberals Cant Leave Anyone Alone ()
Date: July 02, 2018 10:19PM

Always got to be f'ing with some one. some stupid law, some sob story. The founders would have banished them in the Constitution if they knew what was coming

Posted by: Simmer down, boomer ()
Date: July 02, 2018 11:26PM

xnpyc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>

> All children get burned, cry to mommy, having
> touched hot metal. It's how kids learn and
> remember that metal that is not glowing might
> still "hurt".
>
> Because this happens on an oversized sparkler once
> in national news in a lifetime is not room to
> convict sparklers.
>
> The child still had to learn about hot metal. if
> it was not a hot wire it would have been a hot
> pan.
>

Your argument wasn't whether or not a child should know not to touch sparkler, it was that they never burn themselves with them. Likewise, you claimed that spectators are never harmed at a fireworks display. Both claims are demonstrably, patently, empirically false.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.