HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
So....why did you get married??
Posted by: Undercover Lover ()
Date: May 22, 2018 09:41AM

Wondering if it is worth it in 2018 and on in Fairfax County.

I am enjoying my freedom (and fat wallet!) now- is it worth it?

Want to hear from both men and women.

I am watching friends and family go thru ugly divorces now- and am glad I am not in danger of not losing half my shit-

.... one poor friend of mine got fleeced- she married him, he was in the army did a 6 year tour (to get benefits for HER) and now that she is well and he was just about out she divorced him - for the TRICARE. Now he has to decide quick whether to reenlist or not- with only 60 days to decide- on top of dealing with a divorce. She automatically gets half of his pension/401k which was in the high 6 figures because he saved every penny he could since he was 18 and didn't run out and get a new camaro/challenger or buy a new expensive house for their wives like most meatheads do. She is divorcing because she thinks he is cheap (just frugal!)- of course she the high-maintenance type and i warned him....to no avail. Luckily no kids but she tried to scare him a few times....

Then again my parents are going on 40 years and are STILL in love, I love it!!! So it's not like i have positive role models, it just seems 75% of the couples i know are either fighting or have some type of issues going on.

Did you marry for love...or money?? We all know it takes 2 incomes here in ffx to afford a house even some apartments these days....

Any other stories (for or against) welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So....why did you get married??
Posted by: jibjab ()
Date: May 22, 2018 09:48AM

I have been married for nearly forty years and of course we had rough times but all is ending well. So, if you do want to get married find a woman without ink, piercings, and dyed hair. Find a woman that is gainfully employed and has goals so that you both share in the expenses of living.

A woman that drinks heavily at parties or uses any form of illicit drugs would be an absolute no way for me.

If you cannot find a good girl. Find a professional to service your needs for a fee. It is far less expensive in the long run.

Posted by: Easy peasy ()
Date: May 22, 2018 10:20AM

We were happy in each in other's company. Still are 52 years later.

Posted by: Wish you were here ()
Date: May 22, 2018 10:31AM

I got her pregnant at 16. Married at 17 still in high school 'cause it was the right thing to do. Marriage lasted 32 years (all good times very little arguing or fighting) until her extremely unfortunate death by cancer. God rest her soul.

Posted by: tax reasons ()
Date: May 22, 2018 11:23AM

after knocking up the gf we realized we'd get some extra money if married

Posted by: Romantic MFer ()
Date: May 22, 2018 11:59AM

If you must do it - Get a Pre Nup

Posted by: Menopause Blows ()
Date: May 22, 2018 12:08PM

I wish someone had explained this to me before I got married. Many women are naturally unhappy. Most of my friends wives are miserable 75% of the time. Many of these women were happy before hitting their 40s, but menopause makes many women absolutely crazy.

Try to find a happy one. It's like hens teeth, but there are a few of them out there.

Posted by: YOUNG AND RESTLESS EH? ()
Date: May 22, 2018 01:00PM

To answer the question directly:

I got married because I fell in love and couldn't picture my life without this beautiful lady.

If you marry for money, you will never be satisfied. If you LOVE money, you will never have enough.

You don't need a pre-nup unless you 1. are UBER wealthy and 2. have kids from a prior. Any other reason is a stupid reason to have a prenup IMO.

If your focus is comfort, happiness and keeping all your money to yourself .. Don't get married.

Marriages which are financially split down the middle .. are NOT marriages, but "agreed upon arrangements" .. The marriage will eventually split down the middle also (Divorce).

Health issues among other things, test a marriage.
If you don't love the person enough to take care of them should they get sick or worse (develop a disabling condition, etc.) ... then DON't get married.

Being married is MUCH better than being single. I help with things she can't do and she helps me with things she is better at and I can't do (being a good mother to our child.)

She is a great cook, has an awesome business mind and works and fights everyday for the best for our family.

1 Word of advice:

DO NOT MARRY SOMEONE WITH KIDS!!!

IF YOU MUST, MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALREADY INDEPENDENT FINANCIALLY AND OTHERWISE OR YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY ...

IF YOU DO WHAT I DID AND CHOOSE THE PACKAGE DEAL .. AS A STEP-PARENT ...
AND YOUR MARRIAGE DOES

SURVIVE, YOU WILL HAVE GONE THROUGH HELL, FOR IT TO SURVIVE.

My Step is out of the house, but he is still the biggest pain in the ass and still a threat to my marriage with his Mom.

MOM can't so no to him.

Choose your MATE WISELY!!

I will still hang in there .. though because I love her and our child.

Posted by: blanche ()
Date: May 22, 2018 04:09PM

I think Ben Franklin had the right attitude towards marriage...

Keep you eyes wide open before marriage and half shut afterwards.

Posted by: Kev77 ()
Date: June 25, 2021 09:35AM

What about those who decide they will never marry? I have seen so many divorces lately that I don’t want to go through the experience myself. My choice is shallow dating and quick dates on Naughtydate. I do not want to advise my lifestyle to anyone. This is just your life. But I can say that I have never regretted my choice.

Posted by: itisatrap ()
Date: June 25, 2021 10:36AM

Once the sex starts to diminish the down hill slide will begin. If you really enjoy sex don't get married.

Date: June 25, 2021 11:22AM

sex can get better in a monogamous relationship

but both of you have to know how to take care or yourself, healthwise, so you don't age so quick and start smelling like pork swine mcnuggets and start looking old and jacked up

most people don't even know how to do that

some people think high protein diets, keto diets is living healthy....

but humans are frugavores and you smell like whut you eat

would you rather smell like fruit or a rotting animal carcass or cheese?

also if you a man you have to know the science of sex...

for example...here are sum excerpts frum "the Tao of Health Sex and Longevity"....

you cum slingers will meet an early sexual demise

also, you dudes need to stop getting with the first b!tch that pays your bum ass attention....develop yourself into a superhuman man and wait for the girl of your dreams....
Attachments:
Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 11.23.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 11.24.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 11.25.13 AM.png

Posted by: Gabe Oytucher ()
Date: June 25, 2021 08:46PM

Very informative. Thank you.

Posted by: More now than then ()
Date: June 25, 2021 09:46PM

Meanwhile in the real world studies have shown that among men aged 40 to 49, increased sexual activity decreases the likelihood of prostate cancer, with it levelling off around 20 times per month. Since like most married men within that age range I came up well short of that number I am fucked.

Posted by: Dooles ()
Date: July 11, 2021 06:50AM

I am tired of being single. I like my freedom but I don't want to be alone my whole life. I am 45 now and have never been married. I came across seniorstodate review and want to sign up. By the way guys, is online dating really worth it? There are not so many options available that's why I am thinking about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2021 06:40AM by Dooles.

Posted by: red rover ()
Date: July 11, 2021 11:05AM

Then get a dog!

Posted by: TargetSundayAfternoon ()
Date: July 11, 2021 03:34PM

Or home depot paint section.
There you find an unhinged partner yelling at their spouse about a shade of color.

Posted by: dwyym ()
Date: July 11, 2021 09:50PM

I got married at 30 because it was the right thing to do at the time. I got divorced 22 years later. Again it was the right thing to do. If we hadn't divorced we would have been one of those Target or Home Depot couples.

Posted by: Frank7788 ()
Date: July 13, 2021 07:15PM

Because I fell in love with this woman.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2021 02:00PM by Frank7788.

Posted by: Realtocvnyt ()
Date: July 13, 2021 08:14PM

My mother used to say….the ones that are single want to be married and the ones that are married want to be single.

Posted by: Bob bitchin ()
Date: July 14, 2021 06:17AM

I have no fucking idea

Posted by: jksadhjfgegh ()
Date: July 14, 2021 01:26PM

Realtocvnyt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My mother used to say….the ones that are single
> want to be married and the ones that are married
> want to be single.

Nah, I got divorced (no kids and no money paid to her) 15 years ago and it'll take an amazing woman to get me to take the chance again.

Men today have no reason to get married. What advantage is there? You settle down with some chick that pumps out a pup or two, gets fat, stays fat, stops sucking your dick, stops fucking (you), shows her ass on Insta, listens to the angry left feminists that she doesn't need a man, tries to castrate your masculinity, is never happy with anything, and women initiate 70% of the divorces, taking your kids, taking half of your money, and goes out on a cock hunt while living off the divorce money she "earned" while not fucking you and getting fat.

Umm. That's reality. And any man who chooses that path is a total retard.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.