HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Any hydroponics or grow shops in nova?
Posted by: NWDC ()
Date: December 29, 2006 03:53PM

So I'm looking for a little more than the equipment available at my local Home Depot or Lowes. Preferably someplace I can purchase HPS lights, carbon air filters and full hydroponic setups.

Anyone know where I can find such a place in northern virginia? Thanks in advance!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any hydroponics or grow shops in nova?
Posted by: 495 ()
Date: December 29, 2006 04:01PM

FCPD should have all the gear you need. Just look for the blue lights.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 29, 2006 04:10PM

yeah all in their evidence locker.... Go into the reston Police station over by Reston town centre walk to the desk and ask the friendly office on duty about anything you need

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: December 29, 2006 05:00PM

A few years ago, my brother in law rented the basement of an apartment building he owned to an artist to store his materials and paintings. The basement was huge, concrete floors, and hallways going in different directions. but did have a separated corner with a door, probably 40X40 Square feet.

He took me there one day and showed me what he found while doing some maintenance work. I could not believe my eyes! lamps and grow lights as well as what appeared to be maturing leafy substances galore. Lots of them.

He ased me what to do. I said I did not know. He was afraid, since the building was in DC, he might get caught up in a legal thing if he called the cops (like when they take your car for soliciting a pro).

I asked him later what he did. He said he went out, bought industrial size/strength trash bags, and threw everything away. He left it by the curb for the city refuse to pick up.

I bet there were some happy garbage men if they realized what they were picking up.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: December 29, 2006 05:07PM

While you were at Lowe's and Home Depot, I hope you picked up a few of their largest generators and lots of gas cans. I think the po-po checks out residences with usually high electric bills.

And lots of tin foil and attic insulation....you never know when the chopper is going to fly over and point the infrared at your place!

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: December 30, 2006 02:02AM

There's one in Springfield by the five guys and the VW dealership in a little strip mall. I've never been inside it and have only passed it driving.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 30, 2006 01:27PM

just FYI, high electricity bills (due to powering the lights) is a dead giveaway that you are growing pot. im no expert at growing pot (considering ive never done it), but from what i gather, they need heat and light. a high amount of light is easy to provide with far lower power consumption by using LEDs/OLEDs. it doesnt take a genius to keep an area well heated, just have very good insulation some special long lasting candles... but be sure not to burn the place down, so a good fire detector setup would be apt. the standard setup seems retarded as it's very inefficient... but i guess that's what you should expect from a bunch of potheads. oh and if you think running a diesel generator in the basement for the power is a good idea, please remember that it puts out carbon monoxide and will end up killing you in your sleep.

im not an advocate of pot or support it in the least... but if you are going to do something, do it right.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: stupid fat mexican ()
Date: December 30, 2006 01:34PM

gravis ur a fat mexican. dont talk! u know not of that which you speak

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: December 30, 2006 04:39PM

Looking to start your own busness?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2007 05:17PM by KeepOnTruckin.

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: August 29, 2020 08:46PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.