HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: armed guards at Glory Day's in Burke
Posted by: Lurker ()
Date: December 30, 2006 06:56PM

Armed guards work great in N.E. bars. Only one or two people a month get shot and killed in drunken bar arguements, usually the security guard.

The guards flash their guns and kick people out. The drunk\high person who gets kicked out goes to his car to gets his AK, then returns to shoot the guard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 30, 2006 11:23PM

The Logical Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hammers dont build houses, people build houses,
> with hammers. You cant build a house without a
> hammer... And you can certainly can kill someone
> without a gun, but not a 40 pacess.....

Tell that to Robin Hood.

Date: December 31, 2006 02:39AM

Armed guards work great in N.E. bars. Only one or two people a month get shot and killed in drunken bar arguements, usually the security guard.

I think the point that you're missing here is that drinking and carrying a gun is like drinking and driving. Both are wrong to do. Both get people killed. So do you punish everyone by taking away all guns and taking away all cars? Or do you trust people to make the right decisions in life? Cars kill more people than guns every year (40,000 americans according to http://www.madd.org/stats/11088). Should people have the benefit of the doubt? Or should big Government make that choice for them?
It is a tough question to answer.

Someone mentioned the Founding Fathers not forseeing the future. True. They did not forsee the printing press turning into the World Wide Web. They did not see the development of nuclear weapons and mass produced machine guns either. But does that mean that their intent was wrong? The Federalist papers show us that they were less concerned about which types of weapons should be allowed, and more concerned about big Government not standing up for the people. Look at Katrina. Look at how they police took away the guns of innocent people leaving them to the brutality of their neighbors. Look at the LA riots where the korean store owners had to sit on their rooftops with rifles because the police could not protect them. Look at any time a villian tries to take advantage of a family inside their own home and the family drops the telephone and picks up the revolver. If you trust Big Brother to be there for you when you most need it then you are placing your faith in a beuraucracy that can not even organize itself enough to fund the construction of proper levies for a coastal city 9 feet below sea level next to the mouth of the Mississippi river.

Some people prefer to look the other way and pretend that the world is a safe place and that their government will protect them at all times. I have no problem with that. If any of you want to pretend that the guy kicking in your bedroom door to rape your wife is somehow the Government's problem then go ahead and stick your head in the sand or pick up the phone to call the police 10 miles away. I'd rather give him two in the chest and one in the head. Dont try and take away my ability to protect myself and my family.
"A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone."

Posted by: Tomahawk ()
Date: December 31, 2006 09:01AM

Boris, that sounds about right.

Posted by: Firrat ()
Date: December 31, 2006 12:11PM

Great!

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: December 31, 2006 01:41PM

To billyjoebobedearl ebehart
That was the only point I made. Mixing guns in a bar with alcohol is not a good idea. For whatever reason others took it as totally against a persons right to defend themself. To those that are pissed they cant carry in a gun because the bar prohibits it that is the owners right. A business owner would be stupid to not prohibit them. Once an incident happens someone will be sued and since the bars have millions more in insurance you know who they are going after.

Posted by: selockwo ()
Date: July 10, 2007 08:37PM

I live in the Burke area, My son once worked in the Burke Glory Days. I had dinner there a couple of weeks ago and decided to ask the manager. "What is the restuarant policy on "open carry". He asked me why, do you have one? I replied yes but not currently on me. He replied, "what would people think" I replied, "I don't know but, I would be more worried about the people with guns you don't know about." He said that guns are not welcome, you would be stopped at the door. I said thank you, finished my food and left. I am still new to open carry, I do have a CWP and tend to not carry open. My wife is not comfortable with them so I try to keep her happy as much as I can. I will not be going back to Glory Days.

Posted by: Janz ()
Date: July 10, 2007 09:32PM

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the same place where last December, a person was driven to, but died, after being shot at another location??

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: July 10, 2007 11:01PM

How many people can be killed with one bullet fired from this type weapon?

OMG...GET IN THE HOUSE! LOCK THE DOORS! QUICK!!! There are all sorts of law enforcement officers out there with guns too!

Your 4 year old could unholster and fire? I doubt it. Not unless your 4 year old is like 6' and 280 lbs with the moves of Bruce Lee. Now I know you're a troll.

Posted by: joe ()
Date: July 13, 2007 09:33AM

native1963 Wrote:
> my madcap 4 year old
> could unholster it in a second and accidentally
> kill someone

Wow, your kid should be put in a mental institution ASAP. You should have had the baby aborted. I am actually pro-death. I encourage people to abort their children, up until age 2.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 13, 2007 02:53PM

how does a man show up dead? you talkin some weekend at bernies type stuff?

Posted by: paul ()
Date: July 13, 2007 06:25PM

naive if you can't keep your four year old from touching strangers or grabbing things on them you must be a pretty shitty parent. Wait till your dumbass kid grows up and ends up smoking crack and shooting heroin. Hopefully he will find a loaded gun before he gets that old and rids the world of the mess you have created.

DISCIPLINE YOUR FUCKING KID, and that doesn't mean beating him. GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE STUPIDITY LEADS TO NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE AND THAT CAN KILL PEOPLE.

Posted by: cw ()
Date: July 13, 2007 07:49PM

"How many people can be killed with one bullet fired from this type weapon? "

Depends on the bullet, some are made to hit flesh and muscle then expand and slow down or stop. In years past there was a round nose bullet. Cops used to carry them instead of the hydra shock and hollow points. The blacks at first complained about the hollow points and said the bullets were the cops way of making sure they killed who they shot, duh.

The round nose was worthless against a person unless you hit a vital organ. Sometimes it would hit the person and barely slow down striking the poor soul standing nearby as well. It would ricochet off glass and buildings as well.

They are only good, in my opinion, for target practice. You hardly ever see law enforcement carry them except to qualify at a range, it is a cheaper bullet by far than hydra shock.

Posted by: pig ()
Date: July 13, 2007 11:44PM

cw you bring up a pretty good point about the ammo. I carry a glock 19 w/ 124 or 147 grain (Not +p or +p+) Jacketed Hollow Point Federal HST or Hydrashock ammo. Coming from another state one thing that comforts me about Va. is the fact that people actually have to qualify with handguns to get their CCW. Now although this guy was open carry I hope he has a decent amount of practice with his side arm to not have any collatoral damage.

No one I know carrys Full Metal Jacket rounds in any calibur for personal protection, aka daily carry. FMJ rounds would be a bad choice ESPECIALLY in 9mm because they would just go through the target and yield not nearly enough stopping power. Jacketed Hollow Point is the round of choice for anyone who carry's their firearm for protection.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: September 09, 2007 06:18PM

Yes, the Burke Glory Days is where the young man died--he was shot in the Woodside Manor housing area, off Old Keene Mill Road.

Perhaps the security guard was management's way of advising folks that this establishment was really a good place. Don't deposit the bodies in front. A lot of parents and young kids go there.

Glory Days has the absolutely BEST Philly cheesesteak. No one else comes close.

Unfortunately, Glory Days allows smoking. I heard of one young lady who stopped working there because of the smog.

BTW the murderer was misunderstood and his mother said he was a good boy.

Posted by: Dr Z ()
Date: September 09, 2007 06:46PM

"BTW the murderer was misunderstood and his mother said he was a good boy."

Arent they all and after a few months in jail he will also find Jesus and be paroled.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 12, 2007 11:49PM

Jimmy Wrote:
> Unfortunately, Glory Days allows smoking. I heard
> of one young lady who stopped working there
> because of the smog.

they have fog in there? a fog machine? sounds like a cooler place already. ;)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2007 11:49PM by Gravis.

Posted by: angelus42774 ()
Date: September 13, 2007 02:22PM

Boris, your personality reminds me of a quote I recently heard, "You are just a pu$$y with a gun" You probably are one of those people that annoy your co-workers by telling us all how great the new telescopic lenses are, and how you could have been in the service but because of your lazy eye, yada yada yada SHUT THE HELL UP!

Posted by: General Sham ()
Date: September 14, 2007 12:13AM

Gravis-how did your ancestors have enough brains to crawl out of the primordial ooze?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 14, 2007 04:40AM

General Sham Wrote:
> Gravis-how did your ancestors have enough brains
> to crawl out of the primordial ooze?

hey genius, the correct term is primordial soup not "primordial ooze." primordial soup is the point at which everything in it was proteins, not even cells. long after that, it was single celled organisms. way to show your ignorance, fucktard.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Guy in Burke with Guns ()
Date: February 04, 2009 11:04PM

This thread seems to be long since dead, but I just found it, so thought I'd bring it back to life. It just so happens that I live and work in Burke, and for about the past year and a half I have been open carrying everywhere I go. I have open carried at gas stations, Walmart, Giant, Game Stop, and at least once a week to the Navy Federal Credit Union branch here just to name a few. I have even open carried at both Glory Days and Chipotle, and I did not shoot the chef nor did I have my sidearm taken by a drunk or a 4 year old.

I have never once been asked to leave an establishment or had the police called on me for open carrying in Burke or anyother part of Fairfax County. If you check out opencarry.org, you can see there seems to have been a trend in Fairfax County over the past two years or so that there are more people carrying firearms openly and fewer people freaking out and called the police about it.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: February 04, 2009 11:17PM

What a wonderful world

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: February 05, 2009 09:56AM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> What a wonderful world

We agree on something, finally!

Posted by: uh ()
Date: February 06, 2009 12:56PM

I think I will go to the range tonight.
I think I will go to Manassas Arms and buy me another gun this weekend, after I go to the Washington Car show.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 06, 2009 02:08PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> What a wonderful world at Glory Hole Days....

Posted by: this happened ()
Date: February 06, 2009 03:34PM

during the late 80's, the Hardee's in Blacksburg VERY BRIEFLY hired an armed guard and it was way worse than not having one, i personally witnessed him getting harrassed by drunken (unarmed) college students to the point that he unsnapped his gun but didn't QUITE brandish, thank god wiser heads prevailed and he was gone the next weekend. I own guns but i dont carry, and i can not think of one single good reason for a restuarant to have an armed guard. I mean, who the f***'s he gonna shoot? Unruly customers? WTF????

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 06, 2009 10:11PM

I take it you've never seen "coming to america".

Posted by: blah ()
Date: February 07, 2009 05:31AM

sadly i think this is needed. I was there the night that kid got shot and killed in front of glorydays. That place is a shit hole, a mecca for MS13 douche bags to gather.

Posted by: yjksdjy ()
Date: February 07, 2009 05:41AM

markand Wrote:
Read John Lott's
> book, More Guns, Less Crime to learn, without all
> the emotion and hysteria, why this is so, and why
> Virginia, with gun laws that allow concealed and
> open carry, has a violent crime rate that is 1/10
> that of DC, PG county, and Baltimore City, all of
> which virtually ban guns.

This is a bullshit statistic, you're comparing the state of virginia with some of the shittiest most violent cities in the country. No shit the violent crime rate is 1/10, THEY ARE SHIT HOLES

Posted by: fucktard ()
Date: February 07, 2009 05:44AM

Gravis Wrote:
> General Sham Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Gravis-how did your ancestors have enough
> brains
> > to crawl out of the primordial ooze?
>
> hey genius, the correct term is primordial soup
> not "primordial ooze." primordial soup is the
> point at which everything in it was proteins, not
> even cells. long after that, it was single celled
> organisms. way to show your ignorance, fucktard.

actually the term "primordial ooze" has been used many times, and is just as correct as "primordial soup", as they are not scientific terms.... fucktard

Date: February 07, 2009 08:29AM

Hate to say it Gravis... this guy out-fucktarded you. Both terms are valid in that useage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2009 08:29AM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: Predator Obama ()
Date: February 07, 2009 10:15AM

Lurker Wrote:
> Armed guards work great in N.E. bars. Only one or
> two people a month get shot and killed in drunken
> bar arguements, usually the security guard.
>
> The guards flash their guns and kick people out.
> The drunk\high person who gets kicked out goes to
> his car to gets his AK, then returns to shoot the
> guard.

If only 1 or 2 people a month got killed in a bar that place would be shut down very quickly.

Posted by: Big Boss Man ()
Date: February 07, 2009 10:17AM

Establishments named after stupid Bruce Springsteen songs no doubt do need armed protection.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: February 07, 2009 11:28AM

native1963 Wrote:
> I saw a armed security person at Glory Day's in
> Burke.

Two second distillation of this post:

You're well protected at the Glory Day's in Burke.

Posted by: boy, you're stupid ()
Date: February 07, 2009 07:24PM

Well protected from what? Boy, you're stupid.

Posted by: PresaCanario ()
Date: February 07, 2009 11:22PM

Tim45 Wrote:

>
> As far as carrying the gun out in the open that is
> just asking for trouble. You can be sure someone
> will call 911 and the cops will bust ass getting
> there. Once there they are going to yell out at
> you and when you quickly turn that will be all the
> excuse they need to blast you. Sure it isnt fair
> but it is life.
> Anyone disagree on this point?

Yes Tim, I disagree with your point. Thousands of people OC throughout VA every single day w/o incident.

And FFX police are very well versed on the law and will not "yell at you" or "blast you".

Grow up.

Posted by: jimW ()
Date: February 08, 2009 05:56PM

IHOP in Centreville has a guard at least on weekend-nights. He was packing at one point. Another time I saw him with no weapon. So I wonder if it was even real. Since someone with authority, assignment, and training would always carry.

He's a chubby black guy with corn rolls. They way he carries himself and interacts with customers, some of them his friends, he seems like the least eligible guy to carry a gun in that place. One night he was just leaning against the wall checking out a table of ladies who were all giggling, and wasn't paying attention to anything else going on.

I realize they don't serve alcohol at IHOP, but anytime after 11PM that place is all but sober.

I feel less safe knowing that a young punk like that could be wipping out a firearm if someone throws a pancake at a waitress.

Posted by: Wow, you're a dumbass. ()
Date: February 08, 2009 10:53PM

boy, you're stupid Wrote:
> Well protected from what? Boy, you're stupid.

Wow, you're a dumbass.

Date: February 09, 2009 01:51AM

All Giants in the area have random uniformed and plainclothes security, some with guns and some without. If you work there for a while you begin to recognize the plainclothes guys. But Giant has a huge stash of cash at each location, and they deal in some merchandise that is pretty high-theft, so it makes some amount of sense. You never hear about Giant guards shooting anyone or even brandishing, so it goes without saying they are probably pretty well-trained.

Posted by: missed ()
Date: February 09, 2009 12:05PM

OMG. You missed the original poster's point. It not about guns, gun laws et al. It's about THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD. I'm not taking my kids or our teams there either if they NEED that kind of security

Posted by: Sneed Hearn ()
Date: February 11, 2009 05:07PM

Guns don't kill people, big gaping bullet holes in their body do.

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.