HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Exploding Tanker
Posted by: ben ()
Date: June 19, 2005 11:49PM

Does anyone have any information on the incident last night on 66E? I had heard about it, but as I was heading into DC at 11:00 last night 66 didn't look backed up. 20 seconds after I got on the highway, traffic stopped because the police were funneling ALL OF THE TRAFFIC FROM 66 EAST INTO THE CHAIN BRIDGE ROAD SOUTH EXIT. I had to go down Chain Bridge towards Fairfax and make a U turn to Chain Bridge north.

Not only that, but they hadn't bothered blocking off the entrances to 66, so people were entering the highway only to be forced back off at the next clusterfuck of an exit.

What happened?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Exploding Tanker
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: June 20, 2005 03:35AM

My friend saw that coming home from dc. It was a tanker filled with liquid latex.
The Washington Post has an article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/18/AR2005061801408.html

Anyone get a picture?

Posted by: kklare ()
Date: June 20, 2005 08:03AM

i was heading west at 11:30 and i have never seen anything like it: DOZENS of cop cars and firetrucks, and not a single car for miles (i think they set up a blockade back around 123).

Posted by: Tim ()
Date: June 20, 2005 03:01PM

My house is right next to the 66 sound wall. That night we heard a really loud BOOM type of noise. I ran downstairs and thought my roommate was doing something crazy noisy. The guy downstairs thought it came from upstairs. Then for the next hour or two that I was home for I heard nothing but various sirens every 2 minutes. Another weird thing is that Cedar Lane was closed off north of 29 up til about Cottage St. I also saw a ton of cop cars all stopped on Nutley St. There were cop cars on both sides of Nutley with flares on strangely enough. I didn't find out what happened until the next day. There were news trucks driving around Cottage and Gallows and Cedar Lane too (perhaps an unrelated incident?)

Posted by: ben ()
Date: June 20, 2005 03:52PM

kklare Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i was heading west at 11:30 and i have never seen
> anything like it: DOZENS of cop cars and
> firetrucks, and not a single car for miles (i
> think they set up a blockade back around 123).

That's exactly where they set up the first roadblock.. bastards! See my previous post.

Posted by: Sir-bump-a-lot ()
Date: June 28, 2012 11:40AM

So my plans yesterday evening end up falling through. I decided to head out the Chillis solo, just to grab a beer before calling it a night.

As soon as I walk into the bar, I see an old friend from High School whom I thought had moved out of the area.

"Dave!", I said, "Wow, crazy bumping into you here bro!".

...Get it? Bump?????!!!!!

Posted by: Sir-bump-a-lot ()
Date: January 30, 2017 06:02AM

Another classic thread.....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.