HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
StressedS-I-L
Posted by: StressedS-I-L ()
Date: November 21, 2017 08:39AM

We have several siblings coming from out of town, all are kind, gentle, normal people, except my brother's wife, who is a raging clueless feminist, Women's Marcher etc.

Ironically, she does not work while the other females in the family, including my mother, are medical doctors or dentists (one lawyer - there's always at least one). When my S-I-L asked whether people were going to the March a while ago, my wife and others said they had to work. She was furious and put up a big stink.

I've tried to come up with nonpolitical, non men-hating subjects (difficult after this week of sexual harassment in the workplace). I know she is going to blame her status as a stay at home mother on men, but it's hard to keep a straight face when all the other women at the table are top doctors (lawyer).

She also incessantly talks about her kids and monotonous subjects about her boring daily lives and the boring lives of her friends and kids' friends, nobody knows, and nobody cares.

My mother thinks she needs medication, but Mother only sees her son a few times a year, so she suggested that people just change the subject and not take the bait. She did say (direct) that, even though we have room, my brother and wife (and kids) can stay the nearby hotel to reduce the number of over-stimulated children in the house. That will help.

Any suggestions for keeping the peace?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: StressedS-I-L
Posted by: MovieTime ()
Date: November 21, 2017 08:47AM

Put on upbeat music in the house and after a quick dinner, watch football or a movie(s), and go to bed early (...or saying you're doing to bed early). Thank them for coming, and walk them to the door. Bye-bye. Works for me every year.

Posted by: StressedOP ()
Date: November 21, 2017 10:25AM

MovieTime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Put on upbeat music in the house and after a quick
> dinner, watch football or a movie(s), and go to
> bed early (...or saying you're doing to bed
> early). Thank them for coming, and walk them to
> the door. Bye-bye. Works for me every year.

Good suggestions. I need an exit plan for this one. Thx for letting me vent. OP

Posted by: Catalyst ()
Date: November 21, 2017 11:43AM

MovieTime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Put on upbeat music in the house and after a quick
> dinner, watch football or a movie(s), and go to
> bed early (...or saying you're doing to bed
> early). Thank them for coming, and walk them to
> the door. Bye-bye. Works for me every year.

FOR GOD'S SAKE - NO FOOTBALL!

She sounds unstable, and the controversy over NFL football may trigger her.

Posted by: cheap hotel stayer ()
Date: November 21, 2017 12:10PM

I use looney tunes cartoons. I have not met a human who doesn't laugh when Wile E. Coyote Super Genius gets ran over by the roadrunner, or bugs bunny or whoever. That and any other classic cartoons were a hit too, especially Snoopy's Thanksgiving and the like.

It made great conversation and debate for all ages (get the kids to join, what shitty adult would start cussing in front of kids!), everyone was laughing, i poured heavy then as people started to get good and drunk, thank them kindly and throw them out before the happy drunk turns to mad drunk (a fine line in most people).

YMMV. See dealership for further details. Use care when operating machinery. Valid at participating locations. Limited-time offer. All dogs go to heaven.

Posted by: sterlingJoe ()
Date: November 21, 2017 01:18PM

Active meditation. Your mind is your safe space. Stay there. Just be cordial and polite.

She really can only harm you unless you let her get to you. Just silently pity her.

Posted by: Seth Ferranti ()
Date: November 21, 2017 01:41PM

I buy an ounce of low grade weed($80-$100)
I use double boiler and mix weed with butter or coco oil.
Strain out green matter.
Get a silicone brush.
Brush all your cookies/rolls/pie crusts with a light coating of this magic oil.
EVERYONE will be less toxic.
RadFEM SIL will chill the fuk out.
CBDs in the oil u made will take that aggressive edge off

Posted by: OPhereOy ()
Date: November 23, 2017 10:42AM

Ugh. In the home office to escape pretending I'm working a bit so I don't have to listen to this woman who hasn't advanced since junior in high school. While she was yacking, my Mother just offered mimosas -- everyone said yes before she finished her sentenced. My Father said, "make it a double" meanwhile she never shut up, talking about ALL the students in her kids' classes. I think we're about 1/2 way through the one class alphabet. And she brought her dog who pissed on my new kitchen floor. Please shut up.

Posted by: Dr Freud’s cousin ()
Date: November 23, 2017 11:59AM

The tell the bitch to STFU.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.