HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Customer service is terrible in DC area
Posted by: Rusty S ()
Date: October 16, 2017 09:34PM

From fast food to bank tellers, this region is the worst. It gets worse the further you go into the liberal hell of District of Criminals, but even in the affluent suburbs its shit awful. Can't say I blames them, in 70's money minimum wage adjusted would be like 12 today. Just roll out the fucking machines to replace everyone, the whole Ponzi scheme of civilation and its veneer are wearing thin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Customer service is terrible in DC area
Posted by: Rebel Rick ()
Date: October 16, 2017 10:15PM

The biggest problem is in fast food. None of them speak English. You have to know Spanish just to order a Big Mac.

Posted by: Blimmo ()
Date: October 16, 2017 10:43PM

Rebel Rick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The biggest problem is in fast food. None of them
> speak English. You have to know Spanish just to
> order a Big Mac.

YOu go into a Mcikey-D's and order a Big Mac, a small fries and a small coffee. The woman at the counter looks at you funny, pauses, then asks: "Joo gwan Coo-o-o-o-o-o-o-ke?"

Posted by: Blue coller holler ()
Date: October 17, 2017 07:45AM

And yet, I never hear them complaining about the pay. They are there every day working hard, not concerned about working "at a lowley job" like McDonald's. I've heard young unemployed "citizens " over the years expressing how benieth them jobs like this are, while finding no issue with public assistance. We, the liberal, lazy, arrogant native born citizen's are responsible for this development. As for English skills, when's the last time you axed a minority community member for change? Oh, that's right. They are above such mundane jobs.

Posted by: Old Coot ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:05AM

When I was a kid working jobs like that, when you were a noob, you got put on broom and trash can detail. They figured it didn't take too much training to tell you how to sweep a floor or dump a trash can, at least not in most cases. You did broom and trash can detail for a couple of weeks. This helped you get familiar with the place, learn something about the menu and all that.

After a couple of weeks with the dustpan and trash bags, they put you on the counter during busy times getting sodas and french fries, so you could get used to that part of it.

Finally they put you on the counted during a couple of slow times, but you had somebody standing over you to make sure you did not screw up too bad.

It took at least 4 weeks for you to be waiting on customers without having somebody standing over you, sometimes more.

Now, they hire somebody right off the street, give them 15 minutes of training and put them at a cash register so they can screw up everybody's order. You get the wrong things, you don't get stuff you asked for and it all else fails, like that guy above said, you get asked if you want Coke. No I don't want Coke, when did I say a wanted Coke? Meantime, the people who've been there a while, who might actually know something about the joint are the ones doing mop and trash detail.

I get it. Mop and trash detail means you don't have to deal with these nasty customers, but it seems the franchisees and the HQ don't care if the customer gets his time wasted because all the orders get screwed up so everybody stands around there looking dumb.

Posted by: Gayvid_Blimmo ()
Date: October 17, 2017 11:13AM

Blue coller holler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And yet, I never hear them complaining about the
> pay. They are there every day working hard, not
> concerned about working "at a lowley job" like
> McDonald's.

This is why I hire Mexicans. If you ask them to do something, they do it. They figure they're on your time, you sign the paycheck, you get to tell them what to do. They show up on time, they don't have an excuse why they're not showing up that day and they go out of the way to be nice even to the worst customers.

You ask a negro to do something and he says your just telling him to do something "cuz heez blekk" and "you don't be axing no amigos t' do sumfin' ". Look, Dahkwanntay, all the "amigos" are already doing something and I didn't have to ask them to do it because they know it's their job. You're the only one standing around doing nothing, so you're going to do this. FInally, you get tired of their shit and fire them. The first thing out of his mouth is "Uh dindu nuffin', why's you be fahrrin' me?" YOu said it, Dahkwanntay, you "didnu' nuffin' ", that's EXACTLY why I'm firing you. I don't pay people to do "nuffin' ".

This is why I very rarely hire dindus. These dindus complain about the "amigos" taking all their jobs. NEWS FLaSH! The amigos actually work for their pay and don't holler "SKRIMMINAYSHINN EN PREJIDISS!" when you "axe" them to do their jobs.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.