HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Vacant land near Lorton Prison
Posted by: TrickiL ()
Date: November 12, 2006 09:06PM

This weekend I was near the old prison near Fountainhead Regional Park. There are all kind of empty fields and gravel roads there by the waste treatment plant. It looks like something is going to be built there but what???? Are they going to tear the prison buildings? I tried to get into one of those guard towers but the door was locked.

Trickie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vacant land near Lorton Prison
Posted by: hmm ()
Date: November 12, 2006 09:09PM

trickie i thought you were a teacher. what are you doing snooping around places you arnt suppose to?? you are not setting the example your principle intended upon hire!

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: November 12, 2006 09:10PM

A lot of what you see is now owned by Fairfax County - or should I say retained and not sold off to builders (who never seem to pay their fair contributions to our infrastructure, etc.).

Ball fields and the Lorton Workhouse Arts Center are on track to be going in there - I am sure the master plan drawings the county has will show all the area and what is spoken for, and by whom.

HTH.

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: August 22, 2020 10:07PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.