HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lets Go Green and Solar!
Posted by: whipmastertobin ()
Date: July 24, 2017 03:25PM

http://wjla.com/news/local/solar-panels-to-be-installed-in-dc-homes-for-new-initiative-launched-by-mayor-bowser

More free stuff for the class of folk who choose not too work....must be nice to be a leech.

I want free stuff too.....oh wait I went out and applied myself in life...nothing for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lets Go Green and Solar!
Posted by: Nigger Van Jones ()
Date: July 25, 2017 08:01AM

Race baiter Van had a "nonprofit" in cali with his white wife(gotta love a man that knows how to climb the wooden social ladder), trained hood rats to install solar panels, BEFORE his current stint at CNN.

Problem w solar is that it is heavily subsidized by the American tax payer.
Companies that install "solar leases" get an immediate 35% tax deduction, so they over price the job to reduce their own debt.
These leases are 20yr agreements that get tranched off to investors in a secondary market. Your house needs 24 panels(6kW), but if the tranche is only for 5kW investors, you will lose 4 panels.

These same secondary market investors were involved in the CDO mortgage balloon. There is an exact overlap pattern from high mortgage foreclosures to high solar panel leases. Southern Cal, 11th distict(Nevada,parts of Arizona etc).

Your elec use is amortized over a 12 mo billing cycle-you will pay less in the summer months and more than you are currently paying in the winter months, when the angle of the sun changes to produce less.

Plus, since you don't own the system, companies like solar city, sell back those SRECS credits to the power company, you don't see a penny! And....many elec utilities have begun to charge a "infrastructure maintenance fee" that offsets a HUGE amount of your "savings" Salt River elec in Arizona plans on charging a monthly fee of $100.

SMECO, a well run elec co op in Maryland, built their own solar farm in Hughsville to meet the mandate of how much elec they buy comes from renewable sources. These dudes are thinking way ahead. Dominion is well run so expect a more thought out response to solar.

Gov McAwful and other DEMs see this "solar wave" only as votes and $$$$ kickbacks-hence the environmental laws mandating clean energy requirements.

Panels, made in China, come with a 20yr warranty. Too bad their efficiency drops within the first 3 years! Inverters have less relativity and longevity, esp when installers mount the sumbitch in direct sunlight! Factor in a shitty installation crew and that system will be problematic quickly!

You don't see many complaints/negative reviews in states with solar city bc of their aggressive arbitration clauses and social media complaining clauses in their leases.

Oh, and the lucky buyer of your home HAS TO HAVE A 720+ credit score to ASSUME the remainder of your lease! Otherwise you pay for the removal of system and remaining balance of the newly signed lease.

Installation on your roof will have to be whole nother thread bc that is shitty.
Most "employees" have zero roofing experience or BASIC construction experience doing these installs.

Bottom line-get solar if:

Your elec bill is over $600 /month
You will live in your house for 20+yrs
That shiny european car lease in your driveway isn't ostentatious enuf

I can't wait for the market to collapse so I can buy $300 285w poly panels for $5-$10 each by 2018.

Ask me anything about solar and I will reveal the ugly truth

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.