HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
OHS Principal
Posted by: oakton parent ()
Date: July 21, 2017 02:48PM

Why is FCPS administration having trouble selecting the new Oakton HS principal? Mr Doug Tyson sent a message in June saying they were waiting for the new superintendent to be installed. And today he says he and the superintendent have decided to continue with the interim principal! Why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OHS Principal
Posted by: Oakton cougar ()
Date: July 21, 2017 03:07PM

Probably because the pool of candidates was horrible and they need to keep looking.

Date: July 21, 2017 04:50PM

Doubtful -- other principal positions in the county that went vacant at the same time have been filled. What is so special about Oakton?

Date: July 21, 2017 04:51PM

Doubtful -- other principal position that went vacant around the same time are filled.

Posted by: OHS Tchr ()
Date: July 21, 2017 06:57PM

Where is the letter?

Date: July 22, 2017 10:07AM

Sent on Behalf of Douglas A. Tyson, Assistant Superintendent, Region 1

Dear Oakton High School Families,

I hope you are having an enjoyable summer break. In just five short weeks, classes will resume; don’t forget the first day of the 2017-18 school year is August 28th. We look forward to welcoming our incoming class of ninth graders along with our rising sophomores, juniors and seniors.

I wanted to bring you up to date regarding the search and selection process for the next principal at Oakton High School. Superintendent Brabrand and I have discussed the situation at length and we agree that with the new school year upon us, we believe it will serve the best interests of staff and students to keep interim principal Dan Meier in place and resume the selection process for a permanent leader later in the school year.

As I mentioned to you in a previous message, Mr. Meier has served in public education for 37 years as a teacher, counselor, coach, guidance director, assistant principal, middle school principal, and secondary school principal. He served with distinction as the principal at Robinson Secondary School and Rocky Run Middle School and was recognized as ‘Top-Rated Principal’ six times by the Fairfax County Federation of Teachers. Superintendent Brabrand and I are confident that Mr. Meier will continue to provide outstanding leadership at Oakton High School and foster an inclusive, innovative, and positive school environment. Mr. Meier is looking forward to a great start to the school year!

Thank you for your continued support of Oakton High School.

Douglas A. Tyson

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.