HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cord Cutting in DC area - Dump Cable; Dump FiOS
Posted by: Digiteratus ()
Date: July 20, 2017 04:18PM

I've been very interested in alternatives to my cable provider. Cox Fairfax is banging me for over $200/mo for internet, HD video, and HBO on two boxes. It's just too much.

The new OTT providers are emerging and today I just got an email that Google's YouTube TV (which had only been available in 5 markets) is now expanding into the DC area.

$35 for 48 channels
unlimited cloud DVR
6 accounts

Check it out

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gaiachoice=true&utm_source=email&utm_medium=announce&utm_campaign=em_int_0717

This is a smoking hot deal that should of interest to everyone in the area.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cord Cutting in DC area - Dump Cable; Dump FiOS
Posted by: gdgdg ()
Date: July 20, 2017 04:20PM

Fuck off. Enjoy your 48 channels you peasant

Posted by: XYXML ()
Date: July 20, 2017 04:30PM

Marrying up the YouTube TV offering with Verizon's recent GigaBit Ethernet offering for $79 seems like the ticket.

Posted by: FiOS ()
Date: July 20, 2017 05:03PM

Verizon Gigabit Internet costs $69.99. The Gigabit Internet plus custom TV and phone is only $79.99, or $10 additional.

Youtube is free. Why pay another $35 for something else?

Posted by: hxtv6 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 05:55PM

TROLL AD POST promoting Chinese import paths

YouTube is free with internet, they get USA grant money to do that with. (so does NBC, National Broadcast, ABC, American Broadcast, ...)

Apple TV can be a low cost alternative

-----------------------------

COX and FIOS both offer internet only for ~ $35/mo (plenty of Tubes to watch free)

You iphone 5g can deliver enough bandwidth for TV and connect to a big screen - that's about $50/mo. but includes your telephone bill as well.

COX and FIOS both offer limited channel live broadcast for ~$35/mo or less (if your a democrat and your democrat agent has got you a gov discount pass)

Posted by: mpvh9 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 05:58PM

Apple TV makes a smart little unit

Intel TV may release an improved unit "beating Apple TV's next release to the market" (note: intel makes apple's unit, so)

Posted by: hjvh4 ()
Date: July 20, 2017 06:01PM

many makers are releasing "smart tv" large LED screens with screaming resolution including Apple

(large screens that have computers behind the screen)

warning: if your a gamer you'll hate beautiful large LED they are too slow, you want cheap LED made for speed. if you love picture quality (and text) you'll hate a gamer LED screen

Posted by: gxnwx ()
Date: July 20, 2017 06:09PM

Asia+google has an all out war against USA telecom and chip makers. they made a war on linux freebsd (poised these).

They've copied the factories we built over there for cost, and as far as man hours to steal code: they got more than enough poor people to write code/electronics to do the rest

Now, with the factories, asians are trying to LOCK OUT INTEL APPLE MICROSOFT (though microsoft is a darling with chinese, has many contracts with them)

HOW? Making SMART TV (ie, with Google and 'nix running inside, stolen software and technology is why they are so secretive).

By underpricing intel and apple et al with TV that have everything inside made in asia (then tying this to androids), most people need "a PC", and all sales will be controlled by asia, and the TV's will MOST CERTAINLY spy on americans, steal credit card info, etc.

NEVER buy asian stuff.

COX and FIOS are your only friends in this respect.

they are trying to cut your neck, get out of the "assembly line" lower profit arena and take over USA's higher cut business, and it's not a game

Posted by: You're getting robbed ()
Date: July 20, 2017 07:04PM

I pay $115 for TV/Internet with cox. You have to speak to the customer retention department and get that down, or switch over to Verizon. You always get really good deals for the first few years when switching providers. The same deal I have is still listed on the cox site, phone, 1 and 220 channels for $90, or $115 after all the fees and a couple boxes. If you want to save a little more, go to Amazon or Ebay and buy your modem so you don't have to rent their modem. They can be had for $40 - $80 instead of paying $100 + per year in rent.

Posted by: Amazon fire stick with Kodi ()
Date: July 20, 2017 08:06PM

You can order on eBay for about 80 bucks. Well worth it. Put your Amazon ID in and then WiFi and your good to go. All kinds of movie's, sports, all NFL games, pay per view for free, adult films and the regular stuff on the stick including the prime photo app which is awesome. I still have cox cable, phone, and internet and pay 150 for 4 contour boxes. Kodi pays for itself after a couple free pay per view fights

Posted by: Kodi is a cop ()
Date: July 21, 2017 09:28AM

Keep making illegal niggers rich by using these pirated devices and then bragging about it here.

Stick that fire stick up your ass fagggg

Posted by: aeth ()
Date: July 21, 2017 04:50PM

sling tv is awesome, cable is for chumps

Posted by: Kodi is legal ()
Date: July 21, 2017 07:47PM

Kodi is a cop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep making illegal niggers rich by using these
> pirated devices and then bragging about it here.
>
> Stick that fire stick up your ass fagggg

Google Kodi and you will see it is legal. eBay sells it so it is not illegal punk ass scared little bitch. I asked Google "is Kodi legal?". The answer is yes.

Posted by: NoCord ()
Date: July 21, 2017 07:53PM

I cut the cord months ago, no regrets. I watch everything free thru XBox. I don't miss anything about Cox Cable.

Posted by: I Took Fios @ 59.95 a Mo..LOL ()
Date: July 21, 2017 11:37PM

59.95 a month grew to 79.95 a month with 27 dollars in fees and taxes and a 151 dollar bill..Maybe More..and I just got it last mo..39.95 for a battery back up..Oh hell they forgot the 5 dollars tax..it 45 dollars.1 time.charge...Liars Deceptive Liars..But they all are..Youll never get a Straight Answer. LOL!

Where The Hell is Obamas 8 yr..Lib Govt.. Taxpayer Fed Help.. ?? There sucking $$ Tax Dollars out your pockets..LOL..! The FCC..Justice Dept..Consumer Protection Fucks..?? ?? More Deceptive Lib Bullshit!! and Con Games..

No More "Lib Style" Bitchen thou..Ill pay um and STFU..its cheaper then DISH and Reg Verizon .But Not by much now..!! 59.95..LOL!! Suckers..!! I knew they would "Con Me" so I'm NO Sucker..taking it in stride!!

DAJAX

Posted by: 27 a Month Taxes & Fees ()
Date: July 21, 2017 11:39PM

After everthing else pals.. Not 59.95 and 27.. The 59.95 special ..I could not get..CNN!! LOL!!

DAJAX

Posted by: AND Pals ()
Date: July 21, 2017 11:56PM

FIOS Is Wonderfull..!! No cutting out in a T storm ...Like DISH..Fast as Hell..on the net..clear as a bell TV. Phone same old..But..Next week Ill bitch..bout something..!! LOL! Don't tell Um..Im Happy With Um..!! They will raise the price!!

DAJAX

Posted by: xxb6c ()
Date: July 23, 2017 09:41AM

Kodi is a cop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keep making illegal niggers rich by using these
> pirated devices and then bragging about it here.
>
> Stick that fire stick up your ass fagggg

AT&T Unix was (is, and so is Microsoft after getting the taxpayer to actaully write the OS, those bitches)

was (in the 90's) and is $20,000 per copy

pay that back to the tech industry that your fucking ripping off before opening your mouth

you all are NOT paying enough for Tech, your all in obamaland

Posted by: huj9n ()
Date: July 23, 2017 09:50AM

google is a system of stealing code from USA, making it incompatible to fuck over anyone with such holdings, and erasing the authors and licesnses replacing it with anonymous untraceable lists, then after: putting the Google name on it

Posted by: jymvd ()
Date: July 23, 2017 09:59AM

meanwhile those who are CEO that control "owned hardware" (p.s. they make the money but did not build the hardware - golden parachute bitches) and the top of Google (profiting off of "free labor"), make the money, and the "google ad system" is totally run by the MOB - all the winners are picked winners.

* you can't get ad hits without content, but you can't serve content without literally millions of tons of hardware / lines

* excepting Apple's original idea of "an online apple store" and "apps for $1" written by authors paying a share of to serve the bits, the whole idea of "paying the phone company $100/mo. and everything is free" is a communist system that promotes huge abuses of money.

(the microsoft way is (was) to destroy all developers they sell dev kits to, seal their source/product, and produce the product on the shelf using the microsoft label without source code: to hide where they got the "product" they stole)

Posted by: jymvd ()
Date: July 23, 2017 10:04AM

^^ here we see the billing system - esp. the google microsoft "$100/mo" cox/verizon is still all fucked up. it's doesn't pay who does the work correctly, it promotes communism, unpaid labor, no security between nations, leaches at the top of the feeding frienzy building mansions the size of shopping malls.

* the correct billing system bills the hardware used (not mis-steered to) per page, and bills the content to the actual creators (NOT WHO USED OTHER PEOPLES MONEY and TIME while on welfare to make projects when they should have been working (or gov projects same thing) - those people don't deserve shit - should pay only people EMPLOYED to make content OR who used their own FAMILY money to create (which is rare))

Posted by: ychkh ()
Date: July 23, 2017 10:06AM

MEANWHILE GOING ALL WIRELESS AS YOU SAY ...

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT ONE REASON THEY DIMMED RADIO AND TV STRENGTH IS BECAUSE IT WAS DEEMED THAT THE SIGNAL STRENGTH OF MANY HIGH POWER BROADCASTS WAS ACTUALLY UN-HEALTHY TO HUMANS ?

for cost and even safety, you don't just "dump copper and glass cables"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.