HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Let's help Sandy Evans select a new name?
Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 15, 2017 02:56AM

Since Sandy Evans has decided that she is currently a racist by association because of her Confederate ancestor, let's help her come up with a new name that is more appropriate. She is also a bit sensitive about being called a Nazi so let's stay away from names associated with tyrants. Any suggestions?

Here is her declaration and rationale.

Dear Friends,

The School Board is preparing to make decisions this month on the suggestion to change the name of J.E.B. Stuart High School, and I wanted to update you.

My colleagues and I have received hundreds of emails and have had many conversations and meetings on this subject. During the past school year, an Ad Hoc Committee created by the school system met to consider the pros and cons of a name change, provided opportunities for more public engagement, and considered financing options. FCPS held a community meeting on the issue in May 2016, and Ad Hoc Committee subcommittees held two town hall meetings in May 2017 to gain more public input on the question.

At the end of May 2017, Ad Hoc subcommittees produced seven reports totaling more than 500 pages. The reports were delivered to the Interim Superintendent and then to the School Board. The Board heard from committee members, both pro and con, and on June 12 discussed the issue at a work session that lasted more than five hours. At that meeting, the Board decided it needed more time to consider the issue. As a result, another work session was scheduled for Monday, July 17, with the Board’s vote on the issue scheduled for the July 27, 2017, regular meeting.

After reading historical documents and considering the arguments presented from both sides, I continue to believe this high school should have a name that is more reflective and respectful of a diverse community, rather than one that pays tribute to a man whose legacy is almost exclusively bound to his service to the Confederacy and all it stood for. Inclusion and equity are fundamental principles of Fairfax County Public Schools.

In light of my position, which I recognize represents the wishes of only a tiny fraction of those I represent, I have also decided to change my surname. As many of you are aware, Brigadier General Nathan G. Evans was a notorious leader for the Confederate States of America during the Civil War. I believe my persona should have a name that is more reflective and respectful of the diverse community I represent, rather than one that pays tribute to a man whose legacy is almost exclusively bound to his service to the Confederacy and all it stood for. Likewise, the first two letters of my email address unfortunately represent an evil organization that was responsible for many horrors during the Second World War, and I no longer wish to be identified with that community.

My colleagues and I are working on next steps, and on Monday we will discuss proposed motions. The meeting, which is open to the public, is scheduled to start at 1:30 pm at the Gatehouse Administration Center, Room 1600.

There are very strong feelings within our community for and against a name change as well as throughout Fairfax County and beyond. In fact, by far the momentum for changing the name is brought to us from outside the J.E.B. Stuart and FCPS communities. The most frequent concerns and objections raised are about the Communist nature of rewriting history, and the excessive cost and the burden on the school system, PTSA or boosters. I would like to see us pursue private funding for the change and provide the time necessary to do so. We will reach out to wealthy California donors who have joined loudly in the call for the name change.

More background on this issue can be found by searching the internet for: J.E.B. Stuart High School Name Change Proposal.

If you would like to comment or make suggestions, please email at ssevans@fcps.edu, which remains my current email address for now, or safely submit your comments anonymously on Fairfax Underground, where postings are read and shared daily by FCPS administrators. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sandy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 04:19AM by Inquisitive One.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let's help Sandy Evans select a new name?
Posted by: ihaveaids ()
Date: July 15, 2017 04:03AM

Evan Sandys.

Posted by: AH64D ()
Date: July 15, 2017 04:11AM

She is a feckless cunt. Without moral character or redeeming qualities.Changing a name does not change who you are. She will still be an Evans. Just a cowardly one without Courage or Convictions.When you change your name you distance your self from your family, in a sense you abandon them. If she were to drink a Pint of Drano... Good riddance to another Govt. Scab.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: July 15, 2017 04:15AM

AH64D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She is a feckless cunt. Without moral character or
> redeeming qualities.Changing a name does not
> change who you are. She will still be an Evans.
> Just a cowardly one without Courage or
> Convictions.When you change your name you distance
> your self from your family, in a sense you abandon
> them. If she were to drink a Pint of Drano... Good
> riddance to another Govt. Scab.

I take it you want to go with Feckless Cunt. The only problem is that I like to call people by their first name.

Posted by: AH64D ()
Date: July 15, 2017 04:24AM

Amend the Birth certificate

First name
Feckless

Middle
NMN

Last
Cunt

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.