HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Single Family Homes
Posted by: JohnnyG ()
Date: June 05, 2017 08:19PM

Are the laws of single family homes ever enforced in Fairfax County? I've seen cases where 4 or 5 renters are living in one occupied home for long periods of time.
I know there is something called an AIRBNB but doubt that would be allowed in Fairfax county.

I've always thought that with a single family home, whether in an HOA or not, means only one family can live in that house. Comments.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Single Family Homes
Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: June 05, 2017 08:36PM

I don't think it's that simple, although there are regulations which I think typically refer to a maximum number of "unrelated persons" who may cohabitate.

As for AirBNB: https://www.airbnb.com/s/Fairfax--VA--United-States/homes

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: June 05, 2017 08:45PM

Johnny-There is a web page on Fairfax County's site which indicates what occupancy is and what is not allowed in single family residential neighborhoods. The one rule I recall was that four unrelated individuals could share a single family home. The page has been linked in a number of earlier threads on Fairfax Underground. You will have to find that page yourself. As to airbnb operations, see the following: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/code/property/property-rental.htm
If after reading the rules there are homes in your neighborhood that do not comply, you can report them to the County.

Posted by: Lots Of Slip and Slide room ()
Date: June 05, 2017 11:17PM

As it should be.. No warrants.. GEE to many people..Are they related..?? Who Knows..Who Cares.. Till..!

Things gotta get way otta hand..to get enforcement..Im OK with that..This is Not Nazi Germany..

When things get way otta hand..Thats when The County should step in..English Call it a Sticky Wicket.. Now That Fine Grey Line....of Otta Hand.. LOL DAJAX

Good To See Greybeard and Bill N here..Voices Of Reason..!! and I'm Not Being Sarcastic..! The Truth Is The Truth ..Good Night All!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.