HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anyone taken classes at Reston NoVa?
Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: October 07, 2009 03:49PM

I want to take a Basic-Intermediate course in SharePoint but would like to take the classes close to home.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone taken classes at Reston NoVa?
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 07, 2009 05:23PM

a monkey can admin sharepoint, you need a class? weak.

Date: October 07, 2009 06:21PM

Thank you for sharing that with us RESton Peace, it must give you great comfort to know you {think you] far outshine so many others who haven't yet mastered the talent of walking on water and leaping tall buildings in a single bound.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: October 07, 2009 08:59PM

I gave up with NOVA, as it really seemed hit-or-miss with their professors. I would honestly recommend Marymount, Strayer, or Phoenix, unless NOVA has a specific course that you wish to take. If you want any other specific information on NOVA, or if you simply want some help with SharePoint, just let me know.

Date: October 08, 2009 12:14PM

I've used SharePoint for document management only and uploads to the intranet or assigning permissions for customers to download documetns. I want to expand on that by learing how to use spread sheets as a (sort of) relational database for analyses, report generation and creating charts and graphs based on updated entries.

Unfortunately, when contracted for a job that involves Sharepoint, you are expected to hit the ground running; there is no time for OJT.

I didn't want waste the time and money taking classes when I might not use it but once or twice during several months - the use or it lose it thing. But it seems Sharepoint is becoming routine in many small businesses and would definitely be an asset.

Ebay offered unlimited Website Interactive Access for one year, from Beginner to Advanced. I may go that route, though hands on works better for me.

Thanks for the offer.

Posted by: Sharepoint ()
Date: October 08, 2009 12:16PM

Learning Tree has a lot of Share Point classes

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.