HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ROOFING
Posted by: ee ()
Date: January 13, 2017 07:41AM

How much should I expect to pay to have a new roof put on a house located in Centreville? What are some reputable roofing companies?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ROOFING
Posted by: Pedro the roofer ()
Date: January 13, 2017 07:46AM

Senor, come to the library , I have lots of workers, do the job cheap.

Posted by: 10 penny ()
Date: January 13, 2017 08:35AM

Depends on the size of the roof and what materials you want used. Do you live in a SFH or a TH?

Go here and get a ballpark...

https://www.fixr.com/costs/roof-replacement

Posted by: Kings park fkr ()
Date: January 13, 2017 08:44AM

Atlas roofing has replaced half the roofs in Kings park and everyone is happy with them. The owner is Ed and he grew up here and went to Lake Braddock. You should call Ed.

Posted by: single family home ()
Date: January 13, 2017 10:41AM

$20k for ~30square roof with architectural shingles

I'd go with CertainTeed materials

Posted by: JnJD9 ()
Date: January 13, 2017 02:54PM

Try Long Fence
http://www.longfenceandhome.com/roofing/

they did a nice job for us in C'ville. just don't accept their first (or second) quote. the third offer was quite competitive

Posted by: Blame God ()
Date: January 13, 2017 03:03PM

Why pay? Tell your insurance company you have hail damage and get it done for free. How do you think all those in Virginia Run are getting their roof's replaced? Insurance Fraud, that's how.

Posted by: my2cents ()
Date: January 13, 2017 09:47PM

Try calling Homefix Custom Remodeling- They are GAF Certified Master Elite Roofers.

Posted by: Rain Man ()
Date: January 13, 2017 11:56PM

About a hundred dollars, definitely a hundred dollars.
Attachments:
images (1).jpg

Posted by: Poofer. 3 ()
Date: January 14, 2017 01:21AM

D&D Roofing

(571) 274-6183

Posted by: Thought about it....nah ()
Date: January 14, 2017 08:52AM

single family home Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $20k for ~30square roof with architectural
> shingles
>
> I'd go with CertainTeed materials

For that price I'll just strap a blue tarp to the roof.

Posted by: Vixis ()
Date: January 14, 2017 12:21PM

The most cheapest or most expensive doesn't mean they will do a good job, also check if they are certified to do business in Fairfax County, as well as bonded and insured incase they cause any damage other than the work they are contracted to do.

Posted by: Howiwi ()
Date: January 14, 2017 12:26PM

Second - D&D

7290 Centreville Rd manassas
(Yorkshire)

(571) 274-6183

Date: January 15, 2017 11:44AM

As a contractor that does roofing we typically charge $375-$450 per square (square is 100sqft). It does depend on the type of shingles, existing layers, pitch of roof and height off the ground. If the roof is more than about a 5/12 pitch, has more than one layer, or is more than 2 stories from the ground to the gutters there are additional charges.

Feel free to drop us a line if you like.

Heinz Home Improvements and Services, Inc.

Www.heinzhomeimprovements.com
Heinzhomeimprovements@gmail.com
703-409-7806

Posted by: expensiveee ()
Date: January 15, 2017 12:03PM

JnJD9 Wrote:
> Try Long Fence
> http://www.longfenceandhome.com/roofing/
>
> they did a nice job for us in C'ville. just don't
> accept their first (or second) quote. the third
> offer was quite competitive

Long is super expensive

Posted by: 6Pj3v ()
Date: January 15, 2017 12:08PM

Christopher Heinz Wrote:
> As a contractor that does roofing we typically
> charge $375-$450 per square (square is 100sqft).
> It does depend on the type of shingles, existing
> layers, pitch of roof and height off the ground.
> If the roof is more than about a 5/12 pitch, has
> more than one layer, or is more than 2 stories
> from the ground to the gutters there are
> additional charges.
>
> Feel free to drop us a line if you like.
>
> Heinz Home Improvements and Services, Inc.
>
> Www.heinzhomeimprovements.com
> Heinzhomeimprovements@gmail.com
> 703-409-7806

You are either a crook or the cost of roofing has gone up dramatically in the last 3 years when I left the insurance business.

$250/sq (labor & materials) was the norm back then for 3 tab asphalt shingles with 15% profit and 10% OH added. Also upcharge for steep pitch and 2 story but it would still never reach your prices, so I guess your just a crook.

With prices like yours you don't need to get many jobs do you?

Posted by: Christopher Heinz ()
Date: January 15, 2017 12:33PM

I'm sorry if you feel that way. I assure you we are not "crooks" and that is very rude of you to say. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

We actually do a number of roofs each year. It is not our primary source of income but it is a service we offer. I have been using that pricing for many years without going up in price for the market. As a matter of fact, I was recently approached by a subcontractor that wanted to charge me $475 per square to handle my roofing. Talk about crazy pricing. I would have to charge $620 just to make your P and OH. Also, if you were in the insurance industry then you also know the constant back and forth between homeowners and the insurance company when they cannot get the work accomplished for the quote insurance companies provide.

I was providing my price to have transparency and allow someone to make their own decision on if they would like to call. I didn't want to waste someone's time with scheduling an estimate and then having them decide I was not within their budget. Meanwhile, they have taken time from their day or work to meet with me. I was not providing my pricing to have someone call me a crook or cause any issues.

I wish you the best of luck and health in whatever industry you have gone to now as well as in life. Thank you for your feedback.

Posted by: Roofies ()
Date: January 15, 2017 12:56PM

I just had my roof done in Alexandria over the summer for around $200/sq. Not steep and one story. So if this Heinz dude is charging $375-$450 a square AND then adding for steep pitch or 2nd floor, yes, he is a crook.

There are plenty of guys in NOVA under $250 per square. I found this out while getting bids for my job. Roofing is a very competitive business.

Posted by: Its a racket ()
Date: January 15, 2017 01:00PM

Christopher Heinz Wrote:
>
>
> Also, if you were
> in the insurance industry then you also know the
> constant back and forth between homeowners and the
> insurance company when they cannot get the work
> accomplished for the quote insurance companies
> provide.
>
>

Insurance companies always negotiate prices just like any intelligent, astute homeowner would do when dealing with contractors because most of them belong in jail.

Posted by: Whodunnit ()
Date: January 15, 2017 01:01PM

Who was the contractor?

Posted by: Whosit ()
Date: January 15, 2017 01:02PM

Roofies Wrote:
> I just had my roof done in Alexandria over the
> summer for around $200/sq. Not steep and one
> story. So if this Heinz dude is charging $375-$450
> a square AND then adding for steep pitch or 2nd
> floor, yes, he is a crook.
>
> There are plenty of guys in NOVA under $250 per
> square. I found this out while getting bids for my
> job. Roofing is a very competitive business.

Who was the contractor?

Posted by: EXx3u ()
Date: January 15, 2017 01:08PM

A van load of Mexicans.

Posted by: Out of Business ()
Date: January 15, 2017 01:29PM

This contractor had to be insane to respond on here with his name and info. Now anytime someone googles Roofing & Fraud this will pop up.

Nice move douche bag. Dont you know being associated with FU is a death sentence?

Posted by: Christopher Heinz ()
Date: January 15, 2017 03:09PM

While I appreciate everyone's input I still don't understand why fraud and crook are being thrown around. I would think if we look at the literal sense of what both of those terms mean that I do not fit either of those. I simply advertised a price. I fully expect people to look at other options. I encourage it. If I am not the cheapest that is ok. I am not taking advantage of anyone by providing information upfront on what services may cost. I guess I will not try to provide free information any longer if this is the kind of response I get. A simple "that seems high" or "I was able to find it cheaper" will do. Crooks take advantage of people. If I provide a quote and someone chooses me over someone else that is their choice.

I appreciate the opportunity to provide someone with an estimate and even more so the privilege to perform services for them if they choose us. I'm sorry for having caused some sort of problem in the thread if I did. Best of luck to everyone.

Posted by: Save Yourself ()
Date: January 15, 2017 03:16PM

Christopher Heinz Wrote:
> While I appreciate everyone's input I still don't
> understand why fraud and crook are being thrown
> around. I would think if we look at the literal
> sense of what both of those terms mean that I do
> not fit either of those. I simply advertised a
> price. I fully expect people to look at other
> options. I encourage it. If I am not the cheapest
> that is ok. I am not taking advantage of anyone by
> providing information upfront on what services may
> cost. I guess I will not try to provide free
> information any longer if this is the kind of
> response I get. A simple "that seems high" or "I
> was able to find it cheaper" will do. Crooks take
> advantage of people. If I provide a quote and
> someone chooses me over someone else that is their
> choice.
>
> I appreciate the opportunity to provide someone
> with an estimate and even more so the privilege to
> perform services for them if they choose us. I'm
> sorry for having caused some sort of problem in
> the thread if I did. Best of luck to everyone.

Like someone else said, this is NOT the place to advertise services. This forum is populated by nut jobs and wackos and trolls. Once you're tainted by FU, it's hard to remove. May be too late already for you. If I was you I would just deleted all your comments.

Posted by: A Lost Customer ()
Date: January 15, 2017 03:19PM

By the way, I priced a new roof last year and no one was even in the same ballpark as your high prices. Yes, your company gave me a bid. What makes you so special? Greed?

Posted by: At least he's honest ()
Date: January 15, 2017 03:28PM

Maybe there are cheaper out there but at least he was honest about his price. It was free info. You don't have to call him.

Posted by: pwUke ()
Date: January 15, 2017 04:15PM

What's interesting is on his website he lists a whole array of construction services.

Roofing is not one of them.

Posted by: CatinBox ()
Date: July 26, 2019 10:40AM

I know that this is already quite an old topic, but I have something to say about this.So I hope I can help you. I agree, this is a very interesting topic for discussion and I have a couple of tips for you. If you want to more accurately calculate the size of the roof, it will be much easier for you if you use a special roof pitch calculator. Here is a link to their website concalc.org This is a very good roof pitch calculator that will help you in this matter.

Posted by: DanOstin ()
Date: September 17, 2020 01:50AM

Really, every company has its own price range, and since the last time prices really changed. Frankly speaking, the best variant is to address directly to the roof company on the market to know the actual situation. Honestly, it is a costly investment requiring a responsible approach to business. So that's why I would advise you to make initially a reliable roof so that it will serve you for many years and forget about problems with this for at least 15 years. More than all, better choose a company not at the lowest price but based on work experience and customer reviews.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2020 01:51AM by DanOstin.

Posted by: Kareose ()
Date: December 02, 2020 02:41PM

It depends on the company

Posted by: Averora ()
Date: December 02, 2020 02:51PM

There are a lot of companies that can help you with fixing your roof, and the prices usually vary. You have to be careful while searching for a company to repair your roof, because, from my personal experience, you can pay 1000$ for a service that in reality costs 100$. At least that happened to me after some guys asked 3000$ for nothing, I found another company on the internet that asked 500$ for the same work. Interesting isn't it, guys from jacksoncontractingsite are doing a really good job, you can read about their company on the internet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2020 05:37AM by Averora.

Posted by: Mr Vienna ()
Date: December 03, 2020 01:44AM

Posted by: Shingles ()
Date: December 03, 2020 04:48AM

I got the the 2-shot Shingrix vaccine and glad I did. No side effects and painless.

Posted by: .AARPer. ()
Date: December 03, 2020 07:03AM

Mr Vienna Wrote:
> NU LOOK HOME DESIGN
> https://nulookhomedesign.com/roofing/

Fuck You Finkelstein NLHD was going to charge 4K+ 70 bucks a sheet for plywood replacement

Chris of https://www.colbertroofing.com/ did 17 square and replaced 21 sheet of plywood and new gutters and downspout for just under 10K. Jew Finkelstein wanted 17+ plywood for the same job. 2 Layers of shingles to demo also. Mama say you gotta shop around!

Posted by: .AARPer. ()
Date: December 03, 2020 07:05AM

^^^

Correction, 14K not 4.

Posted by: UltraRight ()
Date: August 18, 2021 08:32AM

If you want a good roof, it will be expensive for you. This has been known for many years. And almost everyone expects the cost of a roof to be more than once they have paid for it. However, people are often unaware of the additional costs resulting from poor maintenance of their roofs. Or the various costs involved in dealing with ice dams or hail damage. Anyway, last month I installed a new one with the help of the guys from https://city2surfroofing.com.au/roof-repairs-sydney/. It's made of high-quality materials, and I am delighted with their work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2021 08:32AM by UltraRight.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.