HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Santa was riding on a Burke fire department truck last night and hit me in the head with a 9 volt battery
Posted by: FFX home owner ()
Date: December 25, 2016 02:25PM

Why are our tax dollars being spent on firefighters dressing up as Santa and assaulting random citizens with batteries??

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Santa was riding on a Burke fire department truck last night and hit me in the head with a 9 volt battery
Posted by: CFm9U ()
Date: December 25, 2016 02:28PM

Stop being ungrateful and put it in your smoke alarm.

Re: Santa was riding on a Burke fire department truck last night and hit me in the head with a 9 volt battery
Posted by: Allen Allen an so on.. ()
Date: December 25, 2016 02:30PM

You have a case. Call us!

It's a classic assault with batteries case.

They will settle out of court.

Posted by: frup..frup..frup ()
Date: December 25, 2016 05:00PM

Allen Allen an so on.. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You have a case. Call us!
>
> It's a classic assault with batteries case.
>
> They will settle out of court.

That's stupid.

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: December 25, 2016 09:33PM

frup..frup..frup Wrote:
> Allen Allen an so on.. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You have a case. Call us!
> >
> > It's a classic assault with batteries case.
> >
> > They will settle out of court.
>
>
> That's stupid.

about as stupid as your tax dollars being used to have Firefighters Dress up as Santa. They are Volunteers..

Posted by: Lionel Hutz ()
Date: December 25, 2016 10:27PM

They call it Assault and Battery for a reason.

Posted by: 9 volters can kill ()
Date: December 26, 2016 05:58AM

(1999) A US Navy safety publication describes injuries incurred while doing don't's. One page described the fate of a sailor playing with a multimeter in an unauthorized manner. He was curious about the resistance level of the human body. He had a Simpson 260 multimeter, a small unit powered by a 9-volt battery. That may not seem powerful enough to be dangerous? but it can be deadly in the wrong hands.

The sailor took a probe in each hand to measure his bodily resistance from thumb to thumb. But the probes had sharp tips, and in his excitement he pressed his thumbs hard enough against the probes to break the skin. Once the salty conducting fluid known as blood was available, the current from the multimeter travelled right across the sailor's heart, disrupting the electrical regulation of his heartbeat. He died before he could record his Ohms.

Posted by: digi watt ()
Date: December 26, 2016 08:57AM

9 volters can kill Wrote:
> (1999) A US Navy safety publication describes
> injuries incurred while doing don't's. One page
> described the fate of a sailor playing with a
> multimeter in an unauthorized manner. He was
> curious about the resistance level of the human
> body. He had a Simpson 260 multimeter, a small
> unit powered by a 9-volt battery. That may not
> seem powerful enough to be dangerous? but it can
> be deadly in the wrong hands.
>
> The sailor took a probe in each hand to measure
> his bodily resistance from thumb to thumb. But the
> probes had sharp tips, and in his excitement he
> pressed his thumbs hard enough against the probes
> to break the skin. Once the salty conducting fluid
> known as blood was available, the current from the
> multimeter travelled right across the sailor's
> heart, disrupting the electrical regulation of his
> heartbeat. He died before he could record his
> Ohms.

This is shocking news. It's getting me amped up.

Posted by: legal definition. ()
Date: December 25, 2018 01:28PM

Lionel Hutz Wrote:
> They call it Assault and Battery for a reason.

Shouldn't that be assault with battery?

Posted by: Elfin around ()
Date: December 25, 2018 01:31PM

So sue Santa

Posted by: Technically Speaking ()
Date: December 25, 2018 11:48PM

It's Re-Volt-ing

Posted by: sorted ()
Date: December 26, 2018 05:03AM

I got hit with a battery once . It OHMost got me in the eye.

Posted by: Major league scout ()
Date: December 26, 2018 05:19AM

Sounds like Santa has good aim, maybe can sign him up to be a baseball pitcher.

Posted by: Mike huntt ()
Date: December 26, 2018 06:19AM

It should have been a 12 volt car battery you nigger

Posted by: Savage McCoon ()
Date: December 26, 2018 07:30AM

Mike huntt Wrote:
> It should have been a 12 volt car battery you
> nigger

Dat b raycis n shit.

Posted by: Carmelized Porch Monkey ()
Date: December 26, 2018 07:35AM

It was a bigger santa because the fire truck did not stop both lanes of traffic as he backed the truck into a parking spot!

Posted by: modern engineering ()
Date: December 26, 2018 12:46PM

Modern electronics can run active pc mouse for 2 years - a fire alarm for much longer - about 10 years. Low power circuits last a decade on one battery change.

Electrical wiring switches off during a fire due to fuses "breakers", batteries powered fire alarms do not. A decade of neglect can cause a dust filled hard wired "alarm" to not work well - and they often have only 1 sensor type. Wiring issues in homes cause issues including added holes in framing to get to them (holes in frames compromise strength).

Please explain why virginia building code now requires Multiple physically wired fire alarms in 2018 - other than that they are made in china and increase home depot sales $$ significantly.

Required for permit as in if you don't they bring armed officers and force closure for "compliance".

Your Welcome.

Posted by: xpxm3 ()
Date: December 26, 2018 12:49PM

9 volts aren't used in any fire alarm unless it's from a factory that refuses to upgrade and is using stolen USA 1970 alarm designs - more imported fake shit that came in through california

Posted by: vape bra ()
Date: December 26, 2018 12:59PM

Thanks Fairfax Fire dept! I got a new 9v for my dab pen!

Posted by: Thatswhy ()
Date: December 27, 2018 11:32AM

FFX home owner Wrote:
> Why are our tax dollars being spent on
> firefighters dressing up as Santa and assaulting
> random citizens with batteries??

You were probably in the way. Were you crossing the street oblivious to your surroundings and what anyone else may be doing; feeling entitled and self-righteous? That’s why. You had it coming.

Posted by: Batman45 ()
Date: December 27, 2018 05:47PM

Hey dumb shit, Those were volunteers making dozens of kids happy, There were no tax dollars spent you ignorant shithead!!!!! Get over it you simple pussy!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.