HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Allowed and banned clothing at FFX Co. polling locations
Posted by: Bored of Elections ()
Date: October 25, 2016 10:11PM

Please remember that political message clothing is NOT allowed in polling precincts in Fairfax County. This is for your protection.

Voters arriving wearing clothing items bearing candidate names, candidate slogan, or political party information will be turned away and denied a vote. Even items with American flag like the one below will not be allowed as it could be viewed as aggressive toward newly arrived immigrants bussed in to vote.

Cvm-6bDWEAA8oda.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Allowed and banned clothing at FFX Co. polling locations
Posted by: Rules is rules ()
Date: October 25, 2016 10:17PM

No Trump shit or American flags, Is It OK to open carry Dear Leader?

Posted by: Rasmus170 ()
Date: October 25, 2016 10:20PM

I just keep my NRA hat under my jacket until after I exit the booth

Posted by: Bullcrap.Detector ()
Date: October 26, 2016 07:27AM

OP is a lying bastard...no citation.

Posted by: Relax Bros ()
Date: October 26, 2016 07:49AM

Bullcrap.Detector Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OP is a lying bastard...no citation.

Relax Trumptards. Nobody is going to change their vote because you wore a Trump shirt to the polls. Really what these laws are doing is saving Trumptards from looking like complete asses at the polls. (Yes, I understand part of being a Trumptard is getting somebody to pay attention to you for five seconds.)

CAMPAIGNERS (CAMPAIGN WORKERS AND CANDIDATES)
1. Campaigners must remain at least 40 feet away from any entrance to the building in which the polling place is located. This 40-foot "campaign-free" zone is referred to as the "Prohibited Area." Restrictions which apply to the Prohibited Area also apply to the polling place itself. If the electoral board allows campaigning within the building containing the polling place, all such activities must take place at least 40 feet from any entrance to the room where voting activities are being conducted. Code of Virginia, §§ 24.2-604 & 24.2-310.

2. There is no limit to the number of campaigners allowed outside of the Prohibited Area. § 24.2-604.

3. Campaigners cannot hinder or delay a person from entering or leaving a polling place. § 24.2-604.

4. Loudspeakers cannot be used within 300 feet of any polling place. § 24.2-605.

5. Campaign materials, including sample ballots, may be distributed on Election Day on the property on which a polling place is located and outside of the Prohibited Area. §§ 24.2-310(E), 24.2-604. Only the electoral board may approve exceptions in the limited circumstances

described in § 24.2-310(E).
6. Campaign signs/posters may not be posted inside the Prohibited Area or polling place. Whether signs/posters can be posted outside of the Prohibited Area may be subject to the management policies of the property, or local ordinance. (For example, a private organization may be willing to have its building serve as a polling place, but does not allow placement of sign posts in its lawn.)

Posted by: I'll be wearing this ()
Date: October 26, 2016 03:46PM

And it anyone tries to stop be, some FOX News Alert type shit will go down.
Attachments:
download.jpg

Posted by: election day page ()
Date: October 26, 2016 06:22PM

Actually, Im helping to be an election day page (one of the people who helps people vote) and you actually can wear clothing displaying such things but you CANT have signs with these on them. Just did my page training on saturday SO HYPED>

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.