HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS Superintendent Garza Resigns
Posted by: fracturedfairfax ()
Date: September 19, 2016 06:14PM

Karen K. Garza has tendered her resignation as Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools, effective December 16, 2016. She is leaving to take a new position as President and Chief Executive Officer of Battelle for Kids, a not-for-profit education organization based out of Columbus, Ohio.

Official FCPS E-mail:
Dear Fairfax County Public Schools,

I am writing to inform you that I have officially tendered my resignation as Superintendent of Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) effective on or before December 16, 2016. I have accepted the position of President and Chief Executive Officer of Battelle for Kids, a not-for-profit education organization based out of Columbus, Ohio.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to have served this world class school system since June 2013. It has been an honor and privilege to have worked with the dedicated and professional staff who make FCPS the finest school system in the country.

We have assembled an outstanding leadership team in FCPS. I have every confidence that the great work that is underway throughout the system will continue and that all FCPS students will continue to thrive. I will work very closely with the School Board and the Leadership Team over the coming weeks to provide for a smooth, positive transition.

I extend to you my deepest gratitude for your tremendous support. I am so proud to have been a part of this outstanding system and this great community. I wish Fairfax County Public Schools much continued success in the coming years.

Sincerely,

Karen K. Garza, Ph.D.
Superintendent
Fairfax County Public Schools

Absolutely Nothing You Need to Know About Fairfax County

Fractured Fairfax

https://www.fracturedfairfax.com
Unnatural Deaths in Fairfax County Map

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS Superintendent Garza Resigns
Posted by: roid ()
Date: September 19, 2016 07:00PM

Posted by: dc9xU ()
Date: September 19, 2016 07:14PM

Word is there's a sex tape floating around someplace.

­
Posted by: chuckhoffmann ()
Date: September 19, 2016 07:20PM

­

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2016 01:51PM by chuckhoffmann.

Posted by: The man is coming ()
Date: September 19, 2016 07:42PM

She stepped aside so Ryan M. could lead our fine school system

Posted by: fracturedfairfax ()
Date: September 19, 2016 07:46PM

By my calculation, Garza is either the third or fourth shortest serving superintendent for FCPS in over 100 years.

Larry Watts had a heart attack and died in his garden after just over a year in the job, and Linton Deck got the heave-ho after just over 2 1/2 years.

Jack Burkholder retired after there was an almighty shitstorm over his compensation package, which would have included $157,000 in salary, which was real money back in 1985.

I think Burkholder's tenure was longer than Garza's if you count his stint as acting superintendent for a few months in 1979, before Deck took the job. If not, then Garza's a solid fourth place at just over 3 years and 3 months.

Posted by: mmmmm ()
Date: September 19, 2016 09:02PM

Now what has she done for her money? Please enumerate what she has done for FCPS?

Since 1972 in FCPS, the system has performed a 360 with nothing NEW and INNOVATIVE...

Posted by: 4568765487 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 09:05PM

There will probably be lots of lunches at Sea Pearl and dinners at Morton's over this.

Posted by: Boosterthon Rokz! ()
Date: September 19, 2016 09:07PM

She heard that the outcome of the meals tax was in doubt. Decided better to GTFO before this shit show really gets bad.

Posted by: 09874532876557654 ()
Date: September 19, 2016 09:20PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.