HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Local or National
Posted by: theblindman ()
Date: September 15, 2016 06:55PM

I can't help notice that this forum has tremendous focus on a national level when it meant for a local jurisdiction. Please help me understand when what happens in a broad national level starts at the local level.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Local or National
Posted by: Ying Ko ()
Date: September 15, 2016 07:02PM

"all politics is local" , Tip O'Neill. Being so close to the nation's capitol, what is considered national news to the rest of the country, is considered local news here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2016 07:04PM by Ying Ko.

Posted by: 4nxJH ()
Date: September 15, 2016 07:10PM

The Feds are our economy.

Posted by: GOP paid trolls ()
Date: September 15, 2016 07:11PM

Assholes like ^^^ above will say its some organic expression. It is not. This is an orchestrated trolling by paid for services to promote the idea of an alter reality that supporter conservatards. Half of these conservatards have been proven to live in central virginia and further away.

Fairfax votes 70 to 30 democrat, if this was actually a voice of Fairfax it would look completely different.

Die fuckers

Date: September 15, 2016 07:12PM

Thanks for your response Ying, but that is not was is developing today. The local environment is affects the broader national environment which advances the best of the individual. Today, we are advanced based on what the primary media tells us.

Posted by: vb9cJ ()
Date: September 15, 2016 07:21PM

Immigrants - many yanks - created the D-voting Fairfax. Perhaps they are counting their money and looking for new ways to tax people instead of reading FU. Maybe posters are multi-generation locals, who are more conservative than you are, and perhaps less vulgar as well.

Date: September 15, 2016 07:28PM

vb9cJ I didn't completely understand your post, but I believe we have the same thought process. I am a very conservative individual, but fully support others who need help.

Date: September 15, 2016 07:58PM

Fairfax was conservative prior to the explosion in the Federal budget. People moved here from all over the country, and the world, to suckle. The Federal influence keeps our economy more stable than other parts of the country and is the reason Virginia is now purple. And I think its the reason inefficiency is tolerated at the local level as well.

I believe in charity - freewill gifts - and I believe it benefits giver and recipient. Too many tax schemes are forcefully taking from one person to give to another - no joy of giving, no appreciation nor gratitude. But I do not hate taxes per se. I hate taking other people's stuff without their permission and then wasting it or using it against them. I believe in equal opportunity - not crony capitalism, not buying votes with free stuff. I believe in equal reward for equal contribution - but that is not equal outcome.

I know...TMI

Date: September 15, 2016 08:34PM

vb9cJ, I truly believe what posted. You are a good person and the comments you posted are reflected what I stand for. Thank you, but people like you and me are few and far between. I wonder what will develop in the future with the youth that have not been properly educated.

It's not about full support of the less and not about the superior. It's about the individuals having a place to thrive and grow to their potential to be better.

Thanks you for being a bright star in the dimness of this world.

Date: September 15, 2016 09:07PM

I think most people believe as we do. The masses just get frightened into either silence or fighting to get the other guy before he gets them. Have courage. "The only thing required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Don't be quiet, but don't be rude; contribute. Show a kid what good character means just by being an engaged, ethical person. Don't let lies stand unopposed. Even when it's uncomfortable, the truth is good.

And vote ... for Johnson! ;)

p.s. integrity is "local" ...

Posted by: The True Fairfax Conservative ()
Date: September 15, 2016 09:13PM

OP makes a good point.

It's obvious that the national election affects us all down to the individual, however, "Fairfax County General" implies that the thread should be devoted to things exclusively local to Fairfax. Therefore, not only Clinton/Trump is inappropriate, but also, even stuff from local states. In fact, "Fairfax County General" doesn't need to include stuff from the other counties of Virginia.

I agree.

Perhaps the Sysop (Cary) should insert a third thread in between "Fairfax County General" and "Off Topic". Something like, "National Politics".

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: September 15, 2016 09:19PM

who’s Johnson?

Posted by: jVN3d ()
Date: September 16, 2016 12:01AM

We are!

Posted by: bLedX ()
Date: September 16, 2016 06:09AM

All of you posters are correct.

My only gripe with this board is that since the "three stooges" took over off topic, the trolls quickly learned that they will get more attention in Fairfax General.

And here we are- a front page with 80 political posts and only 20 relating to fairfax general. The trolls have taken over.

I support Cary- and don't blame him for not wanting to clean it up. He deletes/moves one thread- the trolls post 3 more BS threads in response (political or otherwise).

Hopefully this will die down after the election and we can talk about issues related to Fairfax County again, in the meantime I just sit and wait.

Posted by: conservative values ()
Date: September 16, 2016 07:30AM

Being a native and the son of a government employee, I am amused by extreme left wingers that see anything that holds people accountable for their actions as mean. They consider anyone willing to  try and follow the rules and expect others to follow suit pious. My father was a lifelong Democrat. My values mirror his. We didn't leave the Democrat party, it left us. Giving to those who are in need without encouraging them to make the effort to improve and to learn to be able to self sustain is cruel. We have made dependants out of too many able bodied people by handing out instead of helping up. In the long term, we are as a society permanently disabling these people and creating a drag on those now forced to support them. Maybe this does make us conseratards.  Taxed Slaves supporting public assistance slaves.

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: September 16, 2016 07:38AM

It's a presidential year. Everybody is consumed by it.

Posted by: vL9Cn ()
Date: September 16, 2016 07:49AM

To put it simply (going off conservative value''s post above)-

We are all debt slaves. Dem or Repub it doesn't matter- the BANKS and GOVERNMENT own us.

So you think you own your house because you paid off your mortgage and you own your car because you paid the loan off? Try not paying your taxes and see how long you own it for- after already being taxed at the federal level and state level on your income, you are taxed again on your property.

It is all one big pyramid scam- and we are the debt slaves doing all the dirty work for the rich bankers and government families.

Posted by: Nvdw6 ()
Date: September 16, 2016 08:24AM

My dad was a lifelong Republican, and the Republican party left us. Neocons and NWO types, spendthrifts. That's why the people have to quit voting for D and Rs - its time we left them!!!

Posted by: conservative values ()
Date: September 16, 2016 02:39PM

Amen to that. The government officials of both parties, not all but most, have forgotten who they work for. They spend money like a teenager with a credit card. It's almost too late to fix the budget due to massive over spending and mismanagement. We haven't even had a budget in years, just stop gap measures. The president's job is to come up with a budget. The omb is at his disposal for this purpose. The congress is responsible for oversight to see that it is fair and serves their constituents. They are not doing the job we are paying them to do. Obama gets the lion's share of the blame. The congress a close second. If not corrected, we are all going to pay dearly. We'll see, but I'm expecting the latter.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.