HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Meals Tax Targets Senior Citizens
Posted by: vote no on the meals tax ()
Date: August 06, 2016 01:23PM

Senior Citizens dine out to a much higher degree than the average Fairfax resident. For the most part these citizens live on fixed incomes. While many of these residents have tight budgets, they will be forced to support a larger portion of this tax increase. (Source: AARP Public Policy institute and US Census, http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/aging_popula on)

Options: ReplyQuote
The Meals Tax Targets Senior Citizens (2)
Posted by: vote no on the meals tax ()
Date: August 06, 2016 01:24PM

http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/aging_population)

Senior Citizens dine out to a much higher degree than the average Fairfax resident. For the most part these citizens live on fixed incomes. While many of these residents have tight budgets, they will be forced to support a larger portion of this tax increase.

Re: The Meals Tax Targets Senior Citizens
Posted by: cbr ()
Date: August 06, 2016 01:33PM

I'm a senior citizen in Fairfax who could "afford" the meals tax but I'll be damned if I'm going to vote for it. Until the county and local governments get off their asses and stop welcoming illegal immigrants I'm voting against every tax referendum that comes up and Sharon et al can take that one to the bank.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.