HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Giant Food Asking For Donations For FCPS, Leave the food on the belt ..walk off
Posted by: Enough Of This.. FCPS is Out of ()
Date: August 05, 2016 11:07PM

Today I went to the Giant Food and when paying they asked If I wanted to make a 1.00 donation to FAIRFAX COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS!

After I heard that, I was about to walk out and say HELL NO and leave my purchases on the belt , FCPS Is Robbin Fairfax County blind as It Is!.. But that's EXACTLY WHAT I WILL DO The Next Time They Pull This Hustle! Leave It all on the belt! And Walk OUT! 2 Billion and that's Not enough.. 3 Billion That's not enough..5 billion ..they will find a way to Spend EVERY PENNY and ASK FOR MORE! Walk Out If You are tired of this Hustle!.. If Your a Sucker empty your checkbook.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Giant Food Asking For Donations For FCPS, Leave the food on the belt ..walk off
Posted by: Mark j ()
Date: August 05, 2016 11:28PM

Fcps wastes so much money and now they are forced to pay for ILLEGALS..DONT GIVE THEM MONEY.YOU PAY ENOUGH IN TAXES.

Re: Giant Food Asking For Donations For FCPS, Leave the food on the belt ..walk off
Posted by: Jerrydickerton ()
Date: August 05, 2016 11:45PM

I fucking hate when stores do this, and also the solicitors that camp at the entrances. No I dont wanna donate to some scam foundation that gives 5% of the funds to actual charity. No I dont want support your kids soccer team or vets with free healthcare and not ce pensions. Fuck off I have enough probs of my own.

Posted by: county employee ()
Date: August 06, 2016 07:08AM

Enough Of This.. FCPS is Out of Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Today I went to the Giant Food and when paying
> they asked If I wanted to make a 1.00 donation to
> FAIRFAX COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS!
>
> After I heard that, I was about to walk out and
> say HELL NO and leave my purchases on the belt ,
> FCPS Is Robbin Fairfax County blind as It Is!..
> But that's EXACTLY WHAT I WILL DO The Next Time
> They Pull This Hustle! Leave It all on the belt!
> And Walk OUT! 2 Billion and that's Not enough.. 3
> Billion That's not enough..5 billion ..they will
> find a way to Spend EVERY PENNY and ASK FOR MORE!
> Walk Out If You are tired of this Hustle!.. If
> Your a Sucker empty your checkbook.

Nobody gives a fuck if you walk out and leave your purchases on the belt. Not one single fuck so go ahead and waste your time.
Every dollar spent on our schools returns over 20 dollars in just 7 years. Schools do not cost anything you ignorant fuck. Schools are an investment in our future as we are educating taxpayers who will repay it all hundreds of times over in their lifetimes.
If you thing schools are expensive try not having schools, you ignorant fucker.

Posted by: cLYtb ()
Date: August 06, 2016 07:16AM

county employee Wrote:
----------------------------------------------
> Every dollar spent on our schools returns over 20
> dollars in just 7 years. Schools do not cost
> anything you ignorant fuck.

I gather you are a product of FCPS. Cogitate on this statement for a bit.

Date: August 06, 2016 07:19AM

cLYtb Wrote:
> county employee Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------
> > Every dollar spent on our schools returns over
> 20
> > dollars in just 7 years. Schools do not cost
> > anything you ignorant fuck.
>
> I gather you are a product of FCPS. Cogitate on
> this statement for a bit.

You got one of them. Now keep looking.

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: August 06, 2016 07:47AM

Me thinks county employee shoukd re-direct his anger towards the city council and the school board who are solely responsible for his lack of a decent raise year after year. They mis-manage everything, then take it out on the tax payers. Seem fair to you? We will pay our fair share. Nothing more. Stop thinking g it's ok for the county to constantly have their hands out crying about shortages. It's bullshit. Fix the spending problems.

Date: August 06, 2016 08:00AM

FrankR. Wrote:
> Me thinks county employee shoukd re-direct his
> anger towards the city council and the school
> board who are solely responsible for his lack of a
> decent raise year after year. They mis-manage
> everything, then take it out on the tax payers.
> Seem fair to you? We will pay our fair share.
> Nothing more. Stop thinking g it's ok for the
> county to constantly have their hands out crying
> about shortages. It's bullshit. Fix the spending
> problems.

Don't get me wrong man, I'm not angry I just try to help people see that education is everything in society. Without education there is nothing and we would all die off. I make a comfortable yet modest living off of other peoples taxes and am very happy with my pay, benefits and time off.
Again, education costs nothing. Education pays and pays and pays.

Spend money on schools today or pay 10 times the money on prisons tomorrow.

Posted by: Quality Watcher ()
Date: August 06, 2016 08:44AM

county employee Wrote:
> FrankR. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Me thinks county employee shoukd re-direct his
> > anger towards the city council and the school
> > board who are solely responsible for his lack of
> a
> > decent raise year after year. They mis-manage
> > everything, then take it out on the tax payers.
> > Seem fair to you? We will pay our fair share.
> > Nothing more. Stop thinking g it's ok for the
> > county to constantly have their hands out
> crying
> > about shortages. It's bullshit. Fix the
> spending
> > problems.
>
>
> Don't get me wrong man, I'm not angry I just try
> to help people see that education is everything in
> society. Without education there is nothing and we
> would all die off. I make a comfortable yet modest
> living off of other peoples taxes and am very
> happy with my pay, benefits and time off.
> Again, education costs nothing. Education pays and
> pays and pays.
>
> Spend money on schools today or pay 10 times the
> money on prisons tomorrow.

"Education costs nothing."

If education costs nothing, then why does it take over $2 billion/year to run FCPS?

What an idiot.

Posted by: FvTvF ()
Date: August 06, 2016 08:48AM

to County Employee who cites that:

"Every dollar spent on our schools returns over 20 dollars in just 7 years".

Where did you find this tidbit? This is a 54% annual return on investment. If this were true (and it is patently absurd) the FCPS surplus would be more than $340 Billion dollars based on 10 years of $2.5 billion "investment". Hopefully your job with the County is not dealing with money...

Very few will dispute that spending on education CAN be a good investment - but like all investments - it requires that the money be carefully stewarded, managed and allocated (ask a graduate of Trump U if their money was well spent...). FCPS doesn't analyze their spending with this concept of "returns" but seeks all it can, often by an appeal with emotional tropes. This is the political process. But it results in mis-allocations and wasteful spending as various political interests are served. As an example, a commentator has noted the decline in SOL performance by FCPS graduates from 78% pass rate in 2009 to 71% in 2014 - increasing overall spending but a result of declining student test scores.

At present, FCPS is cutting real (inflation adjusted) spending on most students (on a per pupil basis) in favor of increasing spending on "special needs" students and ESOL and FRPM. Spending on pre-school and kindergarten is another large expenditure - but one that does not have significant "returns" according to several extensive, reputable studies.

Many commentators express frustration with a perceived arrogance, indifference and obfuscation on the part of the FCPS Administration. The history of the politics between the BOS and FCPS is contentious. All of this will have to change for the public school system to actually provide any "return" to the community for the tax dollars it spends so freely.

Posted by: 9ijhgt ()
Date: August 06, 2016 09:13AM

Yelling at the poor cashier in the grocery store will certainly get the point across to the school board and political leaders of the county.

Posted by: same thing happened to me ()
Date: August 06, 2016 09:26AM

I asked for the manager, pointed out that the proposed MEALS TAX would hit Giant over sales from their deli etc. He did not know that and said he would call the main office Monday to register my complaint and get clarification.

Posted by: OP is Not A Liberal "Screamer" ()
Date: August 06, 2016 10:55AM

>Yelling at the poor cashier in the grocery store

No I'm Not Liberal! Thats something you would do if they were hustling for the NRA.

I Just thought What do they think there doing? The next time, I will politely say, No thanks! "There Getting More money then can spend wisely as It is and quietly Walk with "Give My Regards to Giant for the hustle"

Posted by: H9mJJ ()
Date: August 07, 2016 09:17AM

county employee Wrote:
> cLYtb Wrote:
> -----
> > county employee Wrote:
> > ----------------------------------------------
> > > Every dollar spent on our schools returns
> over
> > 20
> > > dollars in just 7 years. Schools do not cost
> > > anything you ignorant fuck.
> >
> > I gather you are a product of FCPS. Cogitate
> on
> > this statement for a bit.
>
>
> You got one of them. Now keep looking.

Yeah, it slipped by you. See about four posts up. You have described exponential behavior. Bascially, "free money" in this case. The system you describe would be unstable. Fairfax county would be drowning in money.

Date: August 07, 2016 09:40AM

H9mJJ Wrote:
> county employee Wrote:
> -----
> > cLYtb Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > county employee Wrote:
> > >
> ----------------------------------------------
> > > > Every dollar spent on our schools returns
> > over
> > > 20
> > > > dollars in just 7 years. Schools do not
> cost
> > > > anything you ignorant fuck.
> > >
> > > I gather you are a product of FCPS. Cogitate
> > on
> > > this statement for a bit.
> >
> >
> > You got one of them. Now keep looking.
>
>
> Yeah, it slipped by you. See about four posts up.
> You have described exponential behavior.
> Bascially, "free money" in this case. The system
> you describe would be unstable. Fairfax county
> would be drowning in money.

GODDAMN you are so stupid!

Posted by: HU4L7 ()
Date: August 07, 2016 04:52PM

County Employee - care to elaborate on what you find to be "so stupid"? It seems your comment about the returns to education has been called out...

Any response?

Posted by: confused county employee ()
Date: August 07, 2016 04:56PM

HU4L7 Wrote:
> County Employee - care to elaborate on what you
> find to be "so stupid"? It seems your comment
> about the returns to education has been called
> out...
>
> Any response?

County employee is probably thinking of the increases in bribes paid to the zoning office ever since Rakesh Kapoor got caught with his hand in the till.

Posted by: Is This The "County Employee" ()
Date: August 07, 2016 05:25PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/virginia-park-employee-accused-of-fatal-stabbing-caterer-at-wedding/2016/08/07/fa072c6e-5cab-11e6-8e45-477372e89d78_story.html?hpid=hp_local-news_fairfaxhomicide-1159am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Chairs ?? No way there were probably arguing about the Meals tax, The chef was against it, would cost him business. One P.O ed "County Employee" wanting a big raise.

Posted by: Go Trump ()
Date: August 07, 2016 06:30PM

I like Giant but lately I am getting sick of being tricked by them at the register.
You buy something that you believe is on special sale and you get to the checkout and then you find you had to spend a certain amount to get the reduced price. It's in the fine print with a FONT of about 2, where you need a microscope to read it.
They are the number store of trickery.

The only thing I like about GIANT lately is the self checkout where you can get out quickly.

I won't give a penny to the folks outside except the Girl Scouts, as they actually deserve it. The FCPS - never, nope, nada.

Posted by: OP is a failure ()
Date: August 08, 2016 09:08AM

From what I saw they were collecting school supplies for low income kids
Looks like OP is a dumb teard

Posted by: OP u dumb ()
Date: August 08, 2016 09:19AM

OP,
You did not walk out and leave your groceries today and you won't next time either. Giant gouges your ass when you buy groceries, FCPS gouges your ass when you pay your taxes and you are not going to do anything about it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.