HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How can I deal with this loser?
Posted by: IPissedInYourWhiskey ()
Date: August 03, 2016 10:18PM

I have a neighbor who loves to stomp around his room like a god damn elephant above me. I've tried pounding on the ceiling with a broom handle, but that's done nothing.

I want him to realize he's pissing me off. Ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How can I deal with this loser?
Posted by: WSH LAX Groaner ()
Date: August 03, 2016 10:52PM

Invite me over bro and fuck my gay ass bareback. I will grown so loud your neighbor will leave. Ask Maverick, Mouth, Brandt, Brandon and SHOWER BONER Erol how loud I am broner!

Date: August 03, 2016 10:59PM

I should just send you to his house. he may like that kind of shit and then i wouldn't have to hear him

Posted by: condos/apartments r 4 poor ppl ()
Date: August 03, 2016 11:47PM

Get a real job and buy a SFH

Posted by: The.Referencer ()
Date: August 04, 2016 12:39AM

Posted by: Treat Him Like A Neighbor ()
Date: August 04, 2016 01:29AM

First check whatever documents you have (condo or apartment) to see if carpet is required in the units for sound deadening purposes. Then write a gently phrased note and put it in his mailbox or under his door ("I hate to bother you with this, but you may have noticed that sound really travels in this building"...). People who make noise don't generally realize they are irritating other people. It may kill you to be civil, but that's your best option. I might even offer to split the cost of an area rug with the guy to get some peace and quiet.

Of course, you can choose to be a hostile jerk and tell him that he's being an inconsiderate asshole, but that will just make your problem worse (think how you'd respond if someone approached you like that). Then you'll get into an escalating war that may result in you both getting kicked out. You're in a communal living environment, and you have to figure out how to effectively deal with people who annoy you.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: August 04, 2016 10:04AM

Treat Him Like A Neighbor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
...and you have to figure out how to effectively deal with people who annoy you.

Nah, dawg...fuck all that. This ain't 1973. This is 2016. Take your neighbor a case of premium cold beer and a bottle of top shelf whiskey. If you didn't spend $125, you didn't spend enough money. Take the gifts to your neighbor and hand them to him personally.

All you have to say is, "The next time I have to come up here because of the noise you are making on my ceiling, I'm hitting you over the head with that there whiskey bottle."

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: August 04, 2016 11:12AM

Heat rises...

Posted by: Lemon Song ()
Date: August 04, 2016 11:48AM

Put some Led Zeppelin II on the stereo, and turn it up to 11

Posted by: Old lesson ()
Date: August 04, 2016 11:51AM

This should've been learned in your first apartment outta(or in) college.
Always get the top floor of a non-concrete apartment/condo building.

Posted by: problemsolver101 ()
Date: August 04, 2016 12:19PM

IPissedInYourWhiskey Wrote:
> I have a neighbor who loves to stomp around his
> room like a god damn elephant above me. I've
> tried pounding on the ceiling with a broom handle,
> but that's done nothing.
>
> I want him to realize he's pissing me off. Ideas?

Broom handle is passive aggressive and not a healthy way to resolve problems.

Here potential ideas and solutions to your problem.

1) talk to the person calmly and cooly about your problem
---they will likely ignore you or not change

2) talk to them again
---they will likely ignore you or not change

3) install sound proofing material on your ceiling if possible, use ear plugs, change your schedule or routine to not be around during the times the neighbor is making the noise

4) one alternative is to move, which may not be a suggestion you think you can take, but one has to be sane, you will have to think outside the box, save up, make it work, move wherever you can after saving up and coming up with a plan

Any behavior in attempt to make the person stop such as pounding on the ceiling, playing loud music, indirectly confronting the person in any way without targeting what the issue is is futile and will only drive you and or them crazy in the end and make your more mad and unhealthy

Posted by: problemsolver101 ()
Date: August 04, 2016 12:35PM

The above suggestion about the note is not a terrible idea. Something to consider though is that a note gets into a quasi-indirect method of solving your problem and it CAN-POSSIBLY be considered passive aggressive by some people. However people are crazy these days and personal confrontation can be dangerous.

Posted by: nipo ()
Date: August 04, 2016 12:46PM

Try living in a crappy apartment complex and the person below you sounds like they are stomping around like an elephant every now and then, doors slamming, and child screaming! Sound travels in all directions...

What nationality are you and what nationality are they?

Posted by: Manners, boy ()
Date: August 04, 2016 12:46PM

Knock on his door and tell him politely that he's too loud. That usually takes care of it if you handle it correctly. If not, next step is to inform apartment office/condo association of covenants violations and request a meeting. Then it's documented, and they can get fined if they continue to be excessively loud.

Date: August 04, 2016 09:54PM

So I took your advice and wrote a really nice, non confrontational letter to him. He came home and was even louder. Things were flying off my wall. I ended up getting a headache from it and went to get dinner instead of cooking in.

I called the management and told them if it didn't stop I'd call the police. The front desk said "they're involved?". I told her no...if it continued it would be. She said ok. I'm going to mark this down in your chart and his and we'll have upper management talk to you tomorrow.

Chart? Wtf? I don't want to be booted for this guy's actions. Could I be?

Btw, for that who asked, I'm white...they are something I don't know. They were yelling in a language the other day I didn't understand.

Posted by: Troll poster ()
Date: August 04, 2016 10:03PM

> So I took your advice and wrote a really nice, non
> confrontational letter to him. He came home and
> was even louder. Things were flying off my wall.
> I ended up getting a headache from it and went to
> get dinner instead of cooking in.
>
> I called the management and told them if it didn't
> stop I'd call the police. The front desk said
> "they're involved?". I told her no...if it
> continued it would be. She said ok. I'm going to
> mark this down in your chart and his and we'll
> have upper management talk to you tomorrow.
>
> Chart? Wtf? I don't want to be booted for this
> guy's actions. Could I be?
>
> Btw, for that who asked, I'm white...they are
> something I don't know. They were yelling in a
> language the other day I didn't understand.

Date: August 04, 2016 10:54PM

Definitely not a troll poster.

Shit has been going on. Blasting music past 10 pm? Loud thumping walking? I mean, hell i walk, but I don't sound like I weight 500 pounds while doing so. I tried being civil. Tried the letter. Now I've got a meeting with management tomorrow and something written on a chart. What chart? I don't think I should be evicted for something I'm not doing. I understand people walk. That's not the issue. How heavy they walk is. What do you all think might be the end result?

Posted by: problemsolverfromhome ()
Date: August 05, 2016 12:35AM

It really sounds like you are in a shitty building and/or have a shitty heavy clopping person above you.

Unfortunately old habits die hard and people for the most part don't change. I suggest you read my suggestions above regarding your own sound deadening, i.e. wear ear plugs, run fans or phones with some sort of white noise.

Or move. This is a people problem happening all over the world and especially in our county in the last 25 years, there are simply too many people here in the county.

Posted by: Calm Down ()
Date: August 05, 2016 02:53AM

> Definitely not a troll poster.
>
> Shit has been going on. Blasting music past 10 pm?
> Loud thumping walking? I mean, hell i walk, but I
> don't sound like I weight 500 pounds while doing
> so. I tried being civil. Tried the letter. Now
> I've got a meeting with management tomorrow and
> something written on a chart. What chart? I
> don't think I should be evicted for something I'm
> not doing. I understand people walk. That's not
> the issue. How heavy they walk is. What do you
> all think might be the end result?

Sometimes people get pissed off when you call them out on something that they don't know they're doing, then they calm down once they come to their senses. See what happens tomorrow. Nobody is going to evict you for attempting to be reasonable. You practically have to be a serial killer to get evicted anymore.

The worst that can happen is that no one does anything to attempt to resolve the problem. For better or worse, the police are not interested in tenant disputes, unless there are threats of personal harm. If you can't reach an amicable solution with all parties, then you may need to move (although you will probably have issues with breaking the lease). This is the downside of living in a multiunit dwelling.

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: August 05, 2016 02:47PM

> I have a neighbor who loves to stomp around his
> room like a god damn elephant above me. I've
> tried pounding on the ceiling with a broom handle,
> but that's done nothing.
>
> I want him to realize he's pissing me off. Ideas?

Probably a "rider" and/or gun nut. These fatties terrorize the world with their endless pounds of blubber. Stomping around like Godzilla is just a very small part of their overall tendency to annoy the rest of society.

Not sure there's much you can do. Legally I don't think you can force a person to lose weight. :-(

Posted by: SHEPISSEDINYOURCOFFEE ()
Date: August 05, 2016 02:49PM

OP, the same way you dealt with your coaching situation ...
Oh, wait is this the same OP?

Unregistered ? Anyone can post under the pissed whiskey name.

Posted by: FYI... ()
Date: August 06, 2016 04:35PM

Flat footed people walk heavier. He may not even know that he is flat footed, ie, very little to no arch in his feet. Orthotics in his shoes will help.

Posted by: WSH LAX Groaner ()
Date: August 06, 2016 04:50PM

I'm on this way to give everyone blowjobs & a hole to fuck. Everyone will be friendly after that.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.