HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Accident on 495 this morning
Posted by: uhhok ()
Date: August 08, 2009 01:59PM

Anyone got the 411?

I got caught in that clusterfuck this morning and had bail on 236 instead of going to my appointment this morning. I turned on WTOP to get a traffic report and they didn't give much info; major accident, all lanes closed, happened about four hours ago (which leads me to believe maybe alcohol was involved). I did hear from someone that it was fatal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accident on 495 this morning
Posted by: uhhk ()
Date: August 08, 2009 02:06PM

Ahh.. nevermind, found something.

ALEXANDRIA, VA (WUSA)--A fatal motocycle accident closed the outer loop of 495 in both directions in Alexandria, Virginia.

Virginia State Police says the accident occurred at approximately 3AM near Braddock Road. According to a Virginia State Police official, a motorcycle hit the rear of a dump truck and was then hit by another vehicle.

Police say the motocyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.

The outer loop will be reopened shortly but, police say, it caused considerable traffic back-ups

Because, you know, those dump trucks are hard to miss. Damn people. That really fucked traffic up this morning.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: August 08, 2009 02:52PM

I was driving up 95 at 4 am this morning and the electronic signs were saying a massive accident closed all lanes of 495 in Springfield. Turned on WTOP and they were saying the beltway was closed between braddock rd and the springfield interchange

Date: August 08, 2009 03:03PM

that must have been some crazy final destination shit for it to close both directions

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 08, 2009 04:44PM

All the people I know that ride motorcycles complain that the cars don't see them / pay attention to them and it dangerous to ride around here.

Some (not all certainly) motorcyclists I encounter on my commute drive between cars in lanes, switch lanes quickly without signaling, and pretty much ride like assholes and I wonder how they survive their own riding habits.

If this guy ran into the back of a dump truck I'm guessing he was tailgating him or switching lanes, or going way too fast.

Posted by: uhhok ()
Date: August 08, 2009 05:10PM

pgens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All the people I know that ride motorcycles
> complain that the cars don't see them / pay
> attention to them and it dangerous to ride around
> here.
>
> Some (not all certainly) motorcyclists I encounter
> on my commute drive between cars in lanes, switch
> lanes quickly without signaling, and pretty much
> ride like assholes and I wonder how they survive
> their own riding habits.
>
> If this guy ran into the back of a dump truck I'm
> guessing he was tailgating him or switching lanes,
> or going way too fast.

My first thought when I heard "motorcycle" was that it was some crotchrocket going 90mph down 495.

Posted by: burp ()
Date: August 09, 2009 02:20AM

Yah, I've seen these crazy mf'ers on the MD side of the beltway. Crazy ass motorcyclists in packs darting in and out of traffic at unbelievable speeds. Death wish demons.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: August 09, 2009 11:53PM

Can you say "road pizza"?

Posted by: ... ()
Date: August 10, 2009 02:17AM

This shit backed up traffic for miles. It happened at 3 am but they didnt have it cleaned up by 7? Wtf is that, it made me late for work.

Posted by: OAKTON ()
Date: August 10, 2009 09:38PM

R.I.P CMF

Posted by: Mike. ()
Date: August 10, 2009 11:58PM

Yea it was on the Sunday post. They said it bunch of group going 90mph when he rear ended a dumb truck and was run over by a 2nd car. I wonder if his friends stopped or left him there dying. Either they shouldn't be speeding

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 11, 2009 12:02AM

Mike. Wrote:
> Yea it was on the Sunday post. They said it bunch
> of group going 90mph when he rear ended a dumb
> truck and was run over by a 2nd car. I wonder if
> his friends stopped or left him there dying.
> Either they shouldn't be speeding

Thank god you can't get pulled over for posting a comment on the intarwebz while intoxicated. You'd be taking a field sobriety test right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 12:04AM by Thurston Moore.

Posted by: Motorcycle Spelling Police ()
Date: August 11, 2009 12:43AM

"Dumb Truck."

Boy, dude, when you were typing, I think you hit the back of a dumb truck yourself...

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 11, 2009 01:07AM

Motorcycle Spelling Police Wrote:
> "Dumb Truck."
>
> Boy, dude, when you were typing, I think you hit
> the back of a dumb truck yourself...

Hit the fucking dumb truck face first.

Date: August 11, 2009 08:04AM

He attacked the dump truck with his face....

"FORD ","CHRISTOPHER ","M","021"," 4500","OX FIELD ","DR","GAINESVILLE ","VA","08/08/2008","RUNNING AT LARGE DUMB TRUCKS"

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: August 11, 2009 08:27PM

Yeah - well, it sure messed up his life as well as his family's and friends. I'm always amazed at the calousness of some people. Have a little sympathy folks - yeah, traffic was messed up, but a young man's life was lost.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 12, 2009 08:41AM

That may be sad, but it doesn't begin to rise to the callousness of that guy if the stories that they were riding around the beltway like lunatics is true. Thank goodness he hit the back of a dumptruck instead of the back of a traveling family's van or car.

Posted by: K ()
Date: August 12, 2009 05:09PM

I am willing to bet that none of you were witnesses to the accident or have a clue as to what really happened aside from 1-2 lines you read online/in the paper. Perhaps you should find something better to do than complain about the traffic caused in the middle of the night by a FATAL accident. This young man had a family, friends, and was incredibly well-loved. He was going somewhere with his life. Realize that when a loved one of the victim tries to find information about what happened, they come across these heartless comments, adding to already immense grief. God forbid one day the tables turn and it is one of you who is mourning an incredible loss and has to hear from unknown people who have opinions about whatever occurred. I cannot believe my childhood friend is gone. Chris, you brightened countless days. Rest in peace.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 12, 2009 05:31PM

Well if we have the facts wrong and he wasn't speeding and/or driving recklessly please feel free to fill us in.

Date: August 12, 2009 05:33PM

K Wrote:
> I am willing to bet that none of you were
> witnesses to the accident or have a clue as to
> what really happened aside from 1-2 lines you read
> online/in the paper. Perhaps you should find
> something better to do than complain about the
> traffic caused in the middle of the night by a
> FATAL accident.

Since you seem to know, how about filling us in?

Posted by: wtfno ()
Date: August 12, 2009 05:45PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Well if we have the facts wrong and he wasn't
> speeding and/or driving recklessly please feel
> free to fill us in.

Fucking true. Thank you.

I have a lot of trouble playing the world's smallest violin. If we are wrong about the speed.. PLEASE fill us in. I'll personally keep my mouth shut if you can tell/prove something else happened.

Until then... it's his own damn fault. The paper said he was 22, so, like all other kids that age, he probably thought he was invincible on his crotchrocket. It happened around 3:00am on a weekend, so there is also the chance of alcohol being involved. It also mentioned he was going at a high rate of speed with a friend. As another poster above said, thank God he hit a huge truck rather than an innocent family on their vacation.

Posted by: wtfno ()
Date: August 12, 2009 05:51PM

Oh, and to add on, another vehicle was also driving innocently and struck him after he hit the dump truck. What about the grief that person/family is suffering? That is a pretty traumatic experience.

You better have a damn good reason and "understanding of what really happened." Otherwise, this guy just fucked up the innocent driver's life and fucked up traffic for eight hours on a major road, leading to an even more major road (I-95) during a month when everyone is trying to get to the beach and other places down south.

Posted by: U suc K ()
Date: August 12, 2009 06:11PM

I am willing to bet that you have sympathy for this individual as do probably all that knew him. That however does not give you a right to badmouth anyone who sees this as the facts that are laid out. I feel for the loss of a friend, as many of us have experienced it, but trying to to form an excuse as to why it wasnt his fault is just not right unless you have more to enlighten us on. The way I see it is people do stupid shit all the time and unfortunately the outcome isnt always a slap on the wrist.

Date: August 12, 2009 06:24PM

More like the slap of the head against the bumper...

Posted by: dono ()
Date: August 12, 2009 06:28PM

un-fairfax aboveground Wrote:
> that must have been some crazy final destination
> shit for it to close both directions
>
>

wow that was classic

Posted by: bigscreen ()
Date: August 12, 2009 06:39PM

Probably was speeding back home from a botched meeting under a plasma TV.

Posted by: Urgent Update Needed ()
Date: March 14, 2020 07:59AM

Has the accident been cleared?

Posted by: Dump and Dumping ()
Date: March 14, 2020 08:33AM

On the bright side, the dump truck is still operating as it should and it sustained only minor damage,

Thank the lord.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.