HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
School allows 6-year-old to escape
Posted by: Popo News ()
Date: June 09, 2016 06:53PM

Sully Police District - A six-year-old boy was safely reunited with his family after he apparently wandered away from school on Tuesday, June 7, around 11:30 a.m.

A motorist initially saw the little boy walking near Billingsgate Lane and Basingstoke Loop in Centreville. The motorist saw the same little boy, a short time later, near the intersection of Stone Road and Braddock Road. Concerned for the child’s safety, the motorist stopped and spoke to the child and then called police.

Officers responded, notified the school, obtained the child’s address and took him home. Fortunately, the child was not injured. We are thankful for the concerned motorist who found and reported the situation to us.

This incident is currently under investigation by Fairfax County Public Schools.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: School allows 6-year-old to escape
Posted by: what a joke ()
Date: June 09, 2016 07:11PM

FCPS is so fucked up. Parents who send their kids there should be prosecuted for child abuse.

Posted by: beaners ()
Date: June 09, 2016 08:23PM

Guess the race.

Posted by: I hear crickets ()
Date: June 09, 2016 08:57PM

So if a 6 year old brings a lego gun to school or makes a pistol from him poptarts we get the swat team
And yet some moron adult loses a 6 year old and they skate

Posted by: Search Time ()
Date: June 10, 2016 01:11AM

It takes longer to find a kid now because they have to check twice as many bathrooms.

Posted by: G.Orwell ()
Date: June 10, 2016 01:17AM

In 10 years, parents birthing kids in the U.S. will have the option of having their kids injected with a GPS chip.

In 20 years, all kids born in the U.S. and everyone else granted U.S. citizenship after being born in another country, will be injected with a GPS chip.

This policy will solve far more problems than it creates.

Posted by: CitizensUnite ()
Date: June 10, 2016 07:11AM

Search Time Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It takes longer to find a kid now because they
> have to check twice as many bathrooms.

Hahaha. So many reasons....

Tell me: how DO We turn this ship around?
The SB did just get voted back in (which I will NEVER understand.)
What's the NEXT course of action?

Posted by: FrankR. ()
Date: June 10, 2016 07:35AM

CitizensUnite Wrote:
> Search Time Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It takes longer to find a kid now because they
> > have to check twice as many bathrooms.
>
>
> Hahaha. So many reasons....
>
> Tell me: how DO We turn this ship around?
> The SB did just get voted back in (which I will
> NEVER understand.)
> What's the NEXT course of action?

Take a play out of the left's book... violence.

Posted by: njUP7 ()
Date: June 10, 2016 07:52AM

Search Time Wrote:
> It takes longer to find a kid now because they
> have to check twice as many bathrooms.

LOL!!!! Search Time nailed it! BRAVO!

Posted by: Wait a minute! ()
Date: June 10, 2016 07:58AM

Sully Police District - A six-year-old boy was safely reunited with his family after he apparently wandered away from school on Tuesday, June 7, around 11:30 a.m.

A motorist initially saw the little boy walking near Billingsgate Lane and Basingstoke Loop in Centreville. The motorist saw the same little boy, a short time later, near the intersection of Stone Road and Braddock Road. Concerned for the child’s safety, the motorist stopped and spoke to the child and then called police.

Officers responded, notified the school, obtained the child’s address and took him home. Fortunately, the child was not injured. We are thankful for the concerned motorist who found and reported the situation to us.

This incident is currently under investigation by Fairfax County Public Schools.

My wife works at London Towne, they have been cleared through Fairfax County's investigation into the issue. It was determined that all protocol was followed and no rules or regulations were broken. But what was reported in the news was incorrect, here's the real story.

So the child involved is one of 7 from a couple that have adopted the majority of the lot. The school has called social services on the parents in the past due to issues with the children's home life. The parents may have an axe to grind and definitely are not Ozzie and Harriet.

The kid did not leave class to go to the bathroom and comeback to find his class empty which was the father's story and what was reported on the news last night. It is protocol that no child goes to the bathroom by themselves, they take a buddy or a teacher.

What happened was the class was coming back in from recess, they line up and are counted before entering the building. All kids were accounted for, while entering back into the school the kid bolted the opposite direction towards Stone Road. Once the children were back in the classroom and headcount was taken again they realized someone was missing. Once the teacher determined who it was she alerted the front office. The school contacted 911 immediately and within 15 minutes he was found.

I'm not defending anyone here, just thought the facts should be presented. Kind of tired of the news agencies always getting everything wrong. For this story they only spoke the kids father and nobody from the school. The father originally told authorities that his child wandered down to the Sully Station Shopping Center which was obviously not correct.

Just thought the facts should be presented.

Posted by: ReportersLiveLow ()
Date: June 10, 2016 08:06AM

Yea, that sucks that reporters are such ass wipes. Doesn't anyone have integrity anymore?

Posted by: think about it ()
Date: June 10, 2016 08:17AM

Think about this people: do you keep your doors bolted so that your six year old cannot open it? Do you have eyes on all your kids 24/7 when they are in your custody?

A six year old child knew what he was doing. This was not the beginning of the year.

Posted by: nFwCj ()
Date: June 10, 2016 10:19AM

in the 1980's that was called a "run-away" and NOTHING was done to prevent it hardly

earlier in the 80's you didn't even hu ave a hall monitors at any time

if you tried to leave you had: teachers possibly in the hall, the secretary at the front door (there were other doors), a single full time maintenance man who might see you, and ALL YOUR CLASSMATES who might notice

they did do "roll call" at each class and call the police if a child was truant - but truancy was and they would have said "you can't be everywhere"

(usually teens run away not 6yr olds)

infact - the whole story has a communist stench about some family being hired to do a job that the taxpayer did very well without having in the past*

(family who hands down job to other family "is who you know" is how they like to call nepatism, nepatism is illegal for gov jobs or other jobs involving a position of trust in a place the person does not own to be using it as if a family business)

Posted by: bEH3h ()
Date: June 10, 2016 10:25AM

modernly there are not only hall monitors and police

there are also "keep the children locked in" policies

-----------------------

these are just a few more indicatoins of the world democrats have in mind: wage gap which causes massive poverty in some areas while others enjoy highly elevated wealth - so much so that crime rises and there are sex starved jobless people to the degree children have to be locked indoors

Posted by: d7t3m ()
Date: June 10, 2016 10:30AM

ReportersLiveLow Wrote:
> Yea, that sucks that reporters are such ass wipes.
> Doesn't anyone have integrity anymore?

No, they don't and to strengthen this answer just look at the two choices we have now for our next President!

Posted by: keep the children locked in? ()
Date: June 10, 2016 10:46AM

Keep the children locked in? What about fire?

Posted by: 4LxEw ()
Date: June 10, 2016 06:56PM

i remember when fx co began locking school doors so kids coulding leave during the day

i was a kid when that happened

before - if you had a mind to - you could tell off a teacher and WALK RIGHT OUT THE DOOR home

Posted by: XVynH ()
Date: June 10, 2016 06:57PM

i remember feeling my constitution rights, my right to motion, had been stolen

i remember wondering if this was not a first step toward a police state

Posted by: Moore62 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 03:23PM

I just heard three students at Parklawn Elementary School were hurting themselves while on the playground and 911 was called to take the students to the hospital.

I know the teachers will be happy for school to actually end in one week!

Posted by: bullshitty ()
Date: June 16, 2016 06:41PM

Wait a minute! Wrote:

> It was determined that all
> protocol was followed and no rules or regulations
> were broken. But what was reported in the news was
> incorrect, here's the real story.
>
> What happened was the class was coming back in
> from recess, they line up and are counted before
> entering the building. All kids were accounted
> for, while entering back into the school the kid
> bolted the opposite direction towards Stone Road.

That's so nice that you all cleared yourselves.

But why are your procedures so different than every other kindergarten in Fairfax County? We are required to have at least TWO adults out at recess, and when the children line up to go inside an adult must be at both the front and back of the line.

Where was the second adult who should have been watching?

If only one adult, at what point are they allowed to take their eyes off the children?

Posted by: Not Disney ()
Date: June 16, 2016 06:42PM

If this had been Disney, recess would be cancelled county wide until they figure out what went wrong.

Posted by: mHEeD ()
Date: June 16, 2016 10:39PM

4LxEw Wrote:
> i remember when fx co began locking school doors
> so kids coulding leave during the day
>
> i was a kid when that happened
>
> before - if you had a mind to - you could tell off
> a teacher and WALK RIGHT OUT THE DOOR home

i did forget to say they had the "bright eyed" women working lower elementary and a kid could not blink and they didn't know it

the doors didn't need locks for that reason as well

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.