HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Does Fiarfax allow this?
Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: July 24, 2009 01:25PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does Fiarfax allow this?
Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: July 24, 2009 01:34PM

just go remove them anyways

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 24, 2009 01:34PM

Yeah I don't know if that is illegal or not. You'd think not, but the cops may not like people stopping cars and venturing out in medians.

Posted by: bledbetter ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:27PM

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+33.1-373

Posting unlicensed commercial signs is absolutely illegal, and the law applies to every road within the Commonwealth. Of course, enforcement is devolved to the County governments, and some of them are, shall we say, a bit more proactive about it than others.

Personally, I think we'd be better served if the Commonwealth would just work with the phone companies and automatically send people who litter the sides of streets with a bill for the "free" advertising.

Posted by: Jive Turkey ()
Date: July 24, 2009 02:44PM

I agree, bedwetter.

Posted by: bledbetter ()
Date: July 24, 2009 04:08PM

LOL! Not sure what to make of that mature response there, Jive. ;)

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: July 24, 2009 04:49PM

They should just sell tax stickers to be affixed to each sign and get some revenue for the signs since they are so prevalent. Scofflaws would be fined if they don't buy-in.

Signs like these are visual noise.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 25, 2009 02:02AM

i hate the political signs that are perched everywhere all the time. what's worse is they never take them down after the election they are campaigning for.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: July 27, 2009 12:18PM

Search past threads. I started one a while back but was summarily beat down by the trolls - many of which I hope were permabanned on July 4th.

What I learned from some of the more legitimate trolls is that they're defensive of the illegal signs that they post. The funniest one in particular was telling me that the signs cost pennies each and that removal doesn't hurt him financially. Then he threatened removers with prosecution for grand theft in the very next paragraph.

I believe that the median signs are lawfully placed under permit. From the looks of some medians, there seems to be no limit as to quantity or placement. When I see literally over 100 signs placed at an intersection, I wonder if the same message could be delivered with 25.

/I hate election time and junk haulers.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.