HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DDC mayor to submit legislation for $15 minimum wage: when will Fairfax Co. do the right thing and jump on this trend?
Posted by: Lucha por $15! ()
Date: April 15, 2016 04:43PM

DC mayor to submit legislation for $15 minimum wage

WASHINGTON (AP) — District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser says the city needs a $15 minimum wage to help lift people out of poverty.

The Democratic mayor joined union leaders and low-wage workers on Thursday to call for the wage increase. Her administration plans to submit legislation to the D.C. Council this week calling for the city to increase its minimum wage to $15 by 2020.

The city currently has a $10.50 minimum wage that will rise to $11.50 in July under legislation signed in 2014 by Bowser’s predecessor, Vincent Gray.

State minimum wages have been rising the past few years amid pressure from labor.

California and New York this month became the first states to pass laws mandating that a statewide $15 minimum be phased in over the next few years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DDC mayor to submit legislation for $15 minimum wage: when will Fairfax Co. do the right thing and jump on this trend?
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: April 15, 2016 04:58PM

I don't believe Fairfax County has the authority to set a minimum wage except for its own employees and contractors working on County projects.

Re: DDC mayor to submit legislation for $15 minimum wage: when will Fairfax Co. do the right thing and jump on this trend?
Posted by: SEIU Thug ()
Date: April 15, 2016 05:05PM

Bill.N. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't believe Fairfax County has the authority
> to set a minimum wage except for its own employees
> and contractors working on County projects.

Then Ryan needs to fix this and fight for social justice.

Posted by: name ()
Date: April 15, 2016 07:31PM

Fairfax County does have the right to set it. New York City set their own minimum wage.

Posted by: wdExj ()
Date: April 16, 2016 01:26PM

wdExj

Posted by: mXTCm ()
Date: April 16, 2016 02:20PM

EXACTLY. fx co citizens should demand repayment of all the money obama.gov has been printing: 8x total what bush or clinton did, 4x as much as busch and clinton did.

inflationary dollars that have kicked fx co denizens out of their home and put welfare cases, politically favored ones, in their places.

-----------------------------------

REALLy. pass a law that say you are 2x their minimum.

i'm getting my state better pay by legislation?

your a joke fuck off see you in court !!!!

Posted by: Db3vN ()
Date: April 16, 2016 02:22PM

DC nigger feds (and whites too) have unioned goverment

they create their own "work orders" against others wishes. they specify their own payrate. completely illegal to have a gov worker in a union.

---------------------------
your worried about dick cheese pay ? when DC niggas makin $150/k a year and live in MD mc'masions from federal jobs in DC ?

Posted by: Perplexed ()
Date: April 16, 2016 02:46PM

I'm totally perplexed. Why doesn't anyone wanting to earn more money simply take steps to make themselves more valuable to an employer (such as education) and change jobs to one that pays more? The education is either free or vary low cost.

There's plenty of jobs in Fairfax that pay more than $15. All it takes to get one is a bit of self improvement.

Posted by: Democrats are Morons ()
Date: April 16, 2016 06:46PM

I'm trying to figure out what level of dumbness these $15 guys are: idiots, imbeciles, or morons.

So, let me get this straight, and I pose a scenario: some greasy 16 year old wants to work at the car wash, vacuuming, for a couple of hours.

Are you telling me that I have to pay this pimple faced kid a "living wage", even though he is in 11th grade, at home with his parents, paying no bills whatsoever, and spending his free time on video games?

You Democrats have to study Economics, before you decide to expound upon it.

Posted by: Asshole Spotter... ()
Date: April 16, 2016 06:52PM

Democrats are Morons Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm trying to figure out what level of dumbness
> these $15 guys are: idiots, imbeciles, or morons.

The only moron is you, stupid goober dumbfuck.

>
> So, let me get this straight, and I pose a
> scenario: some greasy 16 year old wants to work at
> the car wash, vacuuming, for a couple of hours.
>
> Are you telling me that I have to pay this pimple
> faced kid a "living wage", even though he is in
> 11th grade, at home with his parents, paying no
> bills whatsoever, and spending his free time on
> video games?

When is the last time you saw a 16 year old working at a car wash around here?

>
> You Democrats have to study Economics, before you
> decide to expound upon it

The country has never prospered when morons were in charge. Consider that there has not been an economically successful Republican administration in more than 100 years.

Posted by: Troll spotter ()
Date: April 16, 2016 06:58PM

@Asshole Spotter, your intolerance is showing as well as your lack of knowledge regarding history. You must be a troll.

Posted by: NoTea ()
Date: April 16, 2016 07:26PM

They should raise the minimum wage to $100 per hour. Let's quit fucking around!!

Posted by: vGDN6 ()
Date: April 16, 2016 07:29PM

If I heard the gentleman from Montgomery County correctly he stated that the primary purpose of raising the minimum wage in $15/hour there was so that undocumented workers that actually are raising families would have a living wage.

Posted by: Dont undershoot ()
Date: April 16, 2016 09:51PM

About twenty years ago DC was being promoted for statehood. Progressives drafted a constitution for the new state that required a minimum wage of $100,000 per year. That sounds good to me. Let's set $100,000/yr as the minimum.

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: April 17, 2016 12:19AM

I dont know but with all the postings in Outrageous Salaries in FXCO you would think its much higher than 15 now. Having said that The Federal Min Wage it 7.25, other localities may placer a higher amount, but that is The Federal Min Wage, Employers are allowed to pay above that. Why do we want more Gov't Regulations? Get a CAREER and you will collect $20 an hour sitting at home when you retire. Based on 42K yr, 40 hours a week for 52 weeks.

Posted by: Lazy libtardz ()
Date: April 17, 2016 09:32AM

You can cut grass and make more than $15 an hour cash money.

Fucking libs!

Posted by: Calvincooledge ()
Date: April 18, 2016 02:52AM

If you raise the minimum wage to $15, one of three things will happen. (1) prices will go up and $15 won't be enough. Basic economics. (2) McDonald's will fire unskilled uneducated workers and hire more skilled workers. In other words, at $15 they can hire better employees. (3) Mcdonalds will replace workers with robots.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.