HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
George Mason Law School Renames Itself After Antonin Scalia, Who Would Never Have Hired One of Its Grads
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: April 05, 2016 11:33PM

http://gawker.com/george-mason-law-school-renames-itself-after-antonin-sc-1768320303

zjckay9yiiebvgcg249f.jpg

George Mason this week scheduled a future campus PC incident by announcing plans to rename itself after a Supreme Court justice who, frankly, would never have hired one of its graduates.

The University’s Board of Visitors voted Thursday to change the law school’s name to the Antonin Scalia School of Law at George Mason University. The school also announced $30 million in new donations, including a $10 million grant from the Charles Koch Foundation, which already underwrites the rest of the university so why not the law school too, I guess.

Far sadder is the fact that aspiring lawyers can attend the Antonin Scalia School of Law but Antonin Scalia himself, as Above the Law’s Elie Mystal notes, would never have wasted his time on them.

“By and large,” Scalia told an American University of Law student in 2009, “I’m going to be picking from the law schools that basically are the hardest to get into. They admit the best and the brightest, and they may not teach very well, but you can’t make a sow’s ear out of a silk purse. If they come in the best and the brightest, they’re probably going to leave the best and the brightest, OK?”

At the time, American was ranked 45th. George Mason is currently ranked 45th.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: George Mason Law School Renames Itself After Antonin Scalia, Who Would Never Have Hired One of Its Grads
Posted by: Blam ()
Date: April 05, 2016 11:41PM

Wow, Gawker. What a reputable journalism outlet.

but not for long BROTHER JACK DUDE

--------------------------------------
DAMN!

Re: George Mason Law School Renames Itself After Antonin Scalia, Who Would Never Have Hired One of Its Grads
Posted by: Blam ()
Date: April 05, 2016 11:43PM

Also, you linked two articles from that cesspool of a "journalism" regarding this topic for 2 unique threads, you couldn't have just consolidated them into 1? Gawker does not deserve to take up anymore space on the forum list than it has to.

--------------------------------------
DAMN!

Posted by: this_is_Sparta ()
Date: April 06, 2016 12:24AM

Not to put too fine a point on it, but few U VA or Georgetown Law grads would survive the first semester at Harvard Law were they admitted. Unless they were a protected species racially or sexually, or had exceptionally fine fellatio skills.

There's no shame in being a county courthouse attorney. H0wever, there's an order of magnitude excellence difference between you and the person who winds up on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Posted by: GHJey ()
Date: April 07, 2016 08:08PM

> Who Would Never Have Hired One of Its Grads

oh yea? likewise i dont hire his liberal lackeys then.

what comes areoudn goes around

and speaking of that - i'm coming back to 8-9 TRILLION IN DEBT as a transfer out of my family and work area to liberal areas

i absolutely expect 16 trillion in liberal areas as inflation upon them, when they are out of office, as a penalty

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: April 07, 2016 08:14PM

Lawyers practice law.

Posted by: uhfe2 ()
Date: April 07, 2016 08:35PM

GHJey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Who Would Never Have Hired One of Its Grads
>
> oh yea? likewise i dont hire his liberal lackeys
> then.
>
> what comes areoudn goes around
>
> and speaking of that - i'm coming back to 8-9
> TRILLION IN DEBT as a transfer out of my family
> and work area to liberal areas
>
> i absolutely expect 16 trillion in liberal areas
> as inflation upon them, when they are out of
> office, as a penalty

Huh?

Posted by: niggar ()
Date: April 07, 2016 09:16PM

gawker is shit

Posted by: Legal Warning ()
Date: April 07, 2016 11:01PM

this_is_Sparta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not to put too fine a point on it, but few U VA or
> Georgetown Law grads would survive the first
> semester at Harvard Law were they admitted.
> Unless they were a protected species racially or
> sexually, or had exceptionally fine fellatio
> skills.
>
> There's no shame in being a county courthouse
> attorney. H0wever, there's an order of magnitude
> excellence difference between you and the person
> who winds up on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you are full of shit.
http://www.law.virginia.edu/html/news/supct_archive.htm

Posted by: Vx9cM ()
Date: April 12, 2016 11:48AM

Vx9cM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.