HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
1000s of packages pilling up at Burke post office. They can't process and deliver.
Posted by: USPS Sucks ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:01PM

I have several packages that where delivered and logged in at the Burke post office dating back to 26 January. They told me to come and pick them up because they can't get them on the delivery vehicles. Our first mail delivery since the storm was 29 January. All the mail boxes are clear and roads are fine. This was two days ago. I went down there and it was a mess. They can't find anything and will not look for anything unless it is medicine. While I was there, there a lot of people trying to pick up packages. This place is really messed up. Bone Qui Qui (the supervisor) said they can't be looking for everyones packages and they will get them out as soon as possible. Other areas are not the same. Bottom line is these postal workers really suck at their jobs and because they are government employees they can't be fired. More government welfare. The only thing they seem to be able to deliver for the past two days is junk mail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1000s of packages pilling up at Burke post office. They can't process and deliver.
Posted by: postal ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:08PM

Its on the people in charge. A boss should tell them to deliver, but they did the opposite. Don't blame the lowly workers, I'm sure they are as frustrated as you because now they have to work twice as hard

Now you know why they originated the phrase 'going postal'

Re: 1000s of packages pilling up at Burke post office. They can't process and deliver.
Posted by: BENJAMIN FRANKLIN ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:10PM

I was at the Chantilly Post office yesterday to drop off some packages and they were very nice.

Some people were coming in looking for their mail that hadn't been delivered in days. The nice postal employee explained that if they showed ID he would go check the back but he couldn't assure that the mail hadn't gone back out for delivery.

Seemed to be organized and efficient after a snow storm. Maybe the Burke post office just has a bunch loser customers.

Posted by: .... ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:11PM

You don't really expect the sherillas that "work" there to do anything, do you?

Dey nails.

Dey hair.

Posted by: Cupid's Revenge ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:17PM

.... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You don't really expect the sherillas that "work"
> there to do anything, do you?
> Dey nails.
> Dey hair.

Sounds like you proposed to one and they turned you down.

Date: January 30, 2016 04:19PM

Cupid's Revenge Wrote:
> .... Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You don't really expect the sherillas that
> "work"
> > there to do anything, do you?
> > Dey nails.
> > Dey hair.
>
> Sounds like you proposed to one and they turned
> you down.

Not into beastiality.

Posted by: HR dude ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:24PM

USPS Sucks Wrote:
> ...and because they are government employees they can't be fired.

Old wives' tale. Government workers can be and regularly are fired for a long list of reasons. The difference is that in the public sector there actually HAS TO BE a reason. "I didn't like his tie." or "Her husband benched my kid in little league football" aren't going to cut the mustard.

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:25PM

In Zip 22039, I've gotten my mail every day since the storm.

22039 though is a "Rural Route" whereas Burke Zip 22015 is a "City Route", so maybe they don't feel the need to deliver like our rural carriers?

Anyways, 22039 is getting their mail.

Posted by: Cupid's Revenge ()
Date: January 30, 2016 04:26PM

.... Wrote:
> Not into beastiality.

So THAT'S how she told you.

Date: January 30, 2016 04:47PM

Cupid's Revenge Wrote:
> .... Wrote:
> -----
> > Not into beastiality.
>
> So THAT'S how she told you.

I don't speak negroe. You'll have to put it in English for me to be offended.

Posted by: Elvis ()
Date: January 30, 2016 05:38PM

The policy is "Return to Sender" if packages are not deliverable, so don't worry.

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: January 30, 2016 06:17PM

USPS Sucks Wrote:
> I have several packages that where delivered and
> logged in at the Burke post office dating back to
> 26 January. They told me to come and pick them up
> because they can't get them on the delivery
> vehicles. Our first mail delivery since the storm
> was 29 January. All the mail boxes are clear and
> roads are fine. This was two days ago. I went down
> there and it was a mess. They can't find anything
> and will not look for anything unless it is
> medicine. While I was there, there a lot of people
> trying to pick up packages. This place is really
> messed up. Bone Qui Qui (the supervisor) said they
> can't be looking for everyones packages and they
> will get them out as soon as possible. Other areas
> are not the same. Bottom line is these postal
> workers really suck at their jobs and because they
> are government employees they can't be fired. More
> government welfare. The only thing they seem to be
> able to deliver for the past two days is junk
> mail.

You need to have more patience. All packages and mail are supposed to be arriving by Saturday 2/13

-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------
Fox News is here to inform

Posted by: SAME ()
Date: January 30, 2016 11:42PM

same with the 22031

Posted by: wut tha fuk ()
Date: January 31, 2016 12:05AM

I received no mail on 1/23, 1/25, 1/26, 1/27 & 1/28. On 1/29 I stopped at the post office to inquire about mail delivery. The clerk said the carriers were not at work as they said if the conditions were unsafe for FCPS then they were unsafe for them.

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: January 31, 2016 12:27AM

I see the same mentality of the PG and Mont Co people here. Bitch about not being able to get around in the snow. Fact #1 Drive a 2 wheel Box in the snow, let me know how it goes, Fact #2 try to get to work Driving not walking. Fact #3 Your all Fucked the next 2 weeks when we get 30 more inches of snow.... and by all means dont be this ass hat.
Attachments:
ahat.jpg

Posted by: Burke Brat ()
Date: January 31, 2016 12:29AM

BTW I plow the street to your house, not the street leading to it...........

Posted by: Lessons Learned ()
Date: January 31, 2016 01:18AM

HR dude Wrote:
> USPS Sucks Wrote:
> -----
> > ...and because they are government employees
> they can't be fired.
>
> Old wives' tale. Government workers can be and
> regularly are fired for a long list of reasons.
> The difference is that in the public sector there
> actually HAS TO BE a reason. "I didn't like his
> tie." or "Her husband benched my kid in little
> league football" aren't going to cut the mustard.

Not exactly true. Government employees can go through a process where they appeal the firing for variety of reasons and continue to be paid, they save their pension amount. The reason government workers get paid less but stay is they get GOOD pension plans. Like when the employee retires from a gov job they will get 80% of their salary for the rest of their life. They may be paid less but the salary pay out once they retire is why they are staying around.

In the private sector when you get fired your gone for any reason. However an employee in the private sector can sue the company for wrongful termination and win money. An arbitrator or a union can win the employees job back. Why an employee would want their job back after being fired is beyond me.

This is why private sector managers keep an HR file and document EVERYTHING a bad employee is reprimanded for. If the employer\company is every taken into court so they can use the HR file to show the employee was warned before being fired. A judge will then say "You were warned, case dismissed."

I've managed employees before and documented one or two offenses. Luckily I've had a good understanding with my employees and told them I'm responsible for your actions. If you screw something up come to me first and we'll figure it out or I'll go talk to that persons manager or higher ups deal with it. I don't want to hear from somebody else about something you screwed up. If you go around me to my managers, I'll be pissed and I'll document the event for legal purposes.

There are asshole employees at every business. It's the managers job to control that and make the work place function as a whole. That's what manager get paid for.

Posted by: KjeDh ()
Date: January 31, 2016 10:07AM

Lessons Learned Wrote:
> I've managed employees before and documented one
> or two offenses. Luckily I've had a good
> understanding with my employees and told them I'm
> responsible for your actions. If you screw
> something up come to me first and we'll figure it
> out or I'll go talk to that persons manager or
> higher ups deal with it. I don't want to hear
> from somebody else about something you screwed up.
> If you go around me to my managers, I'll be
> pissed and I'll document the event for legal
> purposes.

This works fine is the employee believes the manager is engaged (communicates) and is a fair manager. When the manager doesn't seem interested in communicating or seems to favor others (which an employee can feel like if there is no communication) then the employee might go to the next manager up the chain.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.