HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VDOT live Plow Tracking
Posted by: VDOT Plows ()
Date: January 22, 2016 07:25PM

You can track plows in your area and see when they are headed to your street. Very accurate.

http://www.vdotplows.org/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VDOT live Plow Tracking
Posted by: Durrwachter ()
Date: January 24, 2016 07:33PM

Oliver Avenue, Annandale, VA has not been plowed when streets around us have been plowed. Part of the street was plowed towards Gallows Road.

Posted by: accurate?? ()
Date: January 24, 2016 08:07PM

I've been checking this site all day, off and on, and not a damn thing has changed on it other than plows moving from spot to spot. Where does it tell you when a plow is coming to YOUR street? I see plows all around my neighborhood but it appears they're staying mostly on the snow emergency routes.

Posted by: plowthesnow ()
Date: January 24, 2016 08:52PM

Can someone knowledgeable on this subject attempt to clarify the process during snow storms? I was at a traffic light and saw a truck go by, plow down and pointing to the right. It wasn't even cleaning or picking up anything. Do these contractors get paid by the hour? Job? Would it be possible that you have a handful of contractors actually working hard, clearing streets, placing sand down, while the rest are screwing around and just racking up the clock just to get money?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.