HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tim Rankin CertaPro Painters Ripped Me Off Consumer Fraud Investigation
Posted by: dumdum ()
Date: January 12, 2016 04:50PM

Tim Rankin owner of CertaPro Painters of Albany Schenectady New York ripped me off of both my time and my money! After seeing there ad on Momeadvisor website http://www.homeadvisor.com/rated.CertaProPainters.27551795.html I thought this company was the real deal however, I was sadly mistaken by the numerous online reviews I recently found out were fraudulently obtained through there own false reports of same. It is only via there online presence that Tim Rankin, who alleges he is a painter, obtains his work by paying for leads through the Momeadvisor website. When checking on Tim Rankin the alleged sales associate who lives in a rundown apartment complex on I was told he too has ripped off several clients.

I am making this post because the people in the Capital Region need to know not to hire or trust CertaPro Painters or Ted Gargano the owner and if your considering hiring a company like them, CONSUMER BEWARE!

I recently talked to several area paint dealers at Sherwin Williams and seeking a quality painter and was told that both Tim Rankin and Ted Gargano are not professional painters and there work is less then reasonable standard, they hire uninsured workers who lack professional experience and are known as a flyby-night outfit.

I was grateful for the information I was able to obtain from the local paint dealers in Schenectady and Albany both, and am very thankful for the superb painters they referred for me to have my job done correctly.

I would not trust CertaPro Painters http://www.homeadvisor.com/rated.CertaProPainters.27551795.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B3j0NBrXkk
http://www.angieslist.com/companylist/us/ny/schenectady/certapro-painters-of-albany-reviews-297346.htm

They will bid the job, ask you for money upfront and never show up to do the job. CertaPro placed signs in our development and after talking to a family at our association meeting, I found out that they too were ripped off of nearly $3,000 dollars.

I contacted the local authorities who stated they have had numberous complaints from consumers about Ted Gargano and Tim Rankin who are under investigated by the New York State Attorney General Department of Consumer Frauds and Protection.
Attachments:
ted gargano updated.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tim Rankin CertaPro Painters Ripped Me Off Consumer Fraud Investigation
Posted by: certascam ()
Date: January 12, 2016 04:53PM

Creator is actually CertaScam Painters
Attachments:
busted.jpg

Posted by: certacrap ()
Date: January 12, 2016 06:39PM

www.albany.certapro.com

www.Ripoffreport.com
www.complaintsboard.com

CertaPro is not certified in anything, there is not certification for painters!

To call yourself CertaPro insinuates that your certified as a painter and your not certified in anything but false advertising as a certified professional.

Ted Gargano is a nothing more then an internet prowler! Ted Gargano and Tim Rankin of Certapro albany spoof the internet with a fake presence to appear as a professional outfit when the real issues are clear, CertaPro Painters of Albany lure unsuspecting consumers from the internet and although they adorn painters whites and have a van lettered in venal decals to appear as a professional outfit they are nothing more then consumer prowlers.

Tim Rankin runs the business from his one bedroom rundown, crime infested apartment and Ted Gargano runs his end of the business from a crime infested neighborhood back door studio apartment.

Posted by: certapop ()
Date: January 12, 2016 06:43PM

Notice, neither one of these guys where painters whites, only polo shirts with a brand name on it. I do not see any videos of them doing any work, no photos of them with paint on there clothes and based on that alone, they are not painters. I have never met a painter that did not have paint on them somewhere.

Go stand outside a paint store anywhere in the country, you can distinguish a painter real easy, they have paint on there uniform, these guys do not have any paint on them at all!

Posted by: certanothing ()
Date: March 28, 2016 08:11PM

you can see there complaints here

http://certapro.pissedconsumer.com

Re: Tim Rankin CertaPro Painters of albany Ripped Me Off Consumer Fraud Investigation
Posted by: wanabe ()
Date: March 28, 2016 08:13PM

what a joke, this painting company is an internet wannabe

Posted by: aslasdf0980 ()
Date: March 28, 2016 08:20PM

these guys are a nightmare.waste of time and money.

the clean up to bed sheets, furniture, floor, walls, stairwell, light fixtures, heat vents and italian tiles will add to the cost of this disaster. Never again! it took them five days to do a two day job without having to cut in paint around door or windows. they charged and extra 600 dollars to patch and sand of which i see only partial results.

Called in and filed complaint, have yet to hear from them. So, to all you who read this..if you are in the area WATCH OUT!

Guard your wallet and your house.Your better of doing it yourself, take a class, study a Youtube video and get the right results.

Posted by: asdlkf098 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 11:18AM

Here is your company on the Better Business Bureau Website: You have a horrible rating of C

http://www.bbb.org/upstate-new-york/business-reviews/painting-contractors/certapro-painters-in-schenectady-ny-235973861

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: March 29, 2016 11:22AM

Have you posted this on yelp?

Posted by: C7PDX ()
Date: March 29, 2016 12:08PM

> New York State Attorney General Department of Consumer Frauds and Protection.

are a scam

file a a police report followed by a felony lawsuit immediately

but i'm just guessing your a city slicker spreading the rumor that complaining to an agency should be done not arrest and lawsuits

because who needs consumers to beleive that lawsuits and arrests aren't possible: is the people who are involved running scams

infact in fairfax county va the car dealers and courthouse and fx co gov are complicit in telling consumers to "complain to the agriculture dept."

what that does is delay a person long enough to prohibit a police report and court filing

file immediately or shut the fuck up and stop spreading your facist rumors "you can't do anything about theft" and your communist rumors "you just have to accept what goverment allows and not expect any laws be done"

Posted by: JvU7W ()
Date: March 29, 2016 12:11PM

> Better Business Bureau Website

will only bullshit you

call the BBB locally you'll get an illegal spic female answer , likely hired through bull-o-va gov.

call the police or shut the fuck up

report visible on fx co gov police weekly report or shut the fuck up

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: March 29, 2016 12:12PM

there, they're, their

Posted by: 5cv6gbh7nj8m9 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 01:05PM

Certa pro

Subscribe Subscribe: RSS 2.0 - Atom 1.0
The absolute worst experience by this franchise!!! Brought drugs into my home!!!
CERTA PRO PAINTERS Consumer Complaint
***Do Not Hire These Horrible People*** one of their painters brought drugs into our home. He was caught by the supervisor and the Owner, Randy Bressler DID NOTHING about it!! In fact, he got upset with me in my own home when I suggested he needs to make this right and discount the contracted amount. He cursed at me in my own home and became hostile. He does not care about his customers or the service they provide. They only want your money and will send thugs into your home. Do not trust these people in your home!!!!! More...
(Home Improvement)
Firetruck11's Picture Firetruck11 0 Comments Comments

Warning-sub par work-stay away from this company!
We had our home painted 5 years ago by a Cert pro painter. Over the course of the past year, the paint started peeling off all around the house. We called Certa pro but was told they only stand behind thier work for two years. As a matter of fact, one of thier service reps, Chelsea, out the Buffalo call center, accused me of looking for free work. So I called a local paint contractor to come out to look at the peeling. He said that a a house paint job should have lasted 7-10 years minimum, and the work that was done on our house was sub par. Apparently there was no prep work done or primer... More...
(Home Improvement)
eross's Picture eross 0 Comments Comments

Shoreviewcertapro.com - Certa Pro Painters Shoreview, MN - DO NOT USE!
I signed a contract on April 15th to have CertaPro come and paint two bedrooms and one bathroom. We were told they were two weeks out and to expect a call approximately a week in advance for scheduling. They called over three weeks later and we were going to be out of town the day they wanted to come and paint. Another month has gone by and we still are waiting. They do not give you any lead time on scheduling and expect you to be ready any day it rains. I asked for a refund of the $200 that I sent them, which I did as a courtesy, not a requirement, and they refused. It is now June... More...
(Home Improvement)
Pookie2man's Picture Pookie2man 0 Comments Comments

CertaPro Painters of Southern Kansas City - A Must Read
I would like to issue a warning about the quality of work done by the CertaPro Painters of Southern KC. I purchased a home in November 2014 that had two large wood stained entry doors. About three weeks after we moved in the doors started to blister and peel. The previous owner left me the paperwork from CertaPro painters indicating the work they did in June 2014, just 5 months prior. Before I continue, here is the exact quote on the written invoice from CertaPro Painters: %u201CWARRANTY ON ALL WORK: We warranty all of our work for 2 years against blistering and peeling. This is not... More...
(Repair Services)
testingmsn's Picture testingmsn 0 Comments Comments

Certa Pro Painters Rockwall Tx and Richardson Tx
Heard commercials for this Compant on K-Luv radio in Dallas for several years. Unaware this is a franchise. First dealt with Certa Pro in Rockwall. Did lousy job and left huge mess. Then find out it wasn't his territory?? Called again (stupid mistake I know) got Certa Pro Richardson. Did painting correctly but missed the cleaning element again. Paint on brand new floors, rust ring on kitchen counter and dusty footprints all over. I can't speak for all franchises but apparently lots of problems with their crews. More...
(Home Improvement)
Shellbell328's Picture Shellbell328 0 Comments Comments

Real painting company not franchise
This company is a joke call a real painting company Fine Finishes Painting 508 202 2503 boston area More...
(Advertising)
Realpainter's Picture Realpainter 0 Comments Comments

certa pro painters jacksonville fl tile work
Certa pro painters of Jacksonville was a difficult company. Absentee owner, work had to be redone and corrected. The workers did not speak english, difficcult to communicate with. After several attempts to get things the job turned out o.k. would not reccomen company. More...
(Home Improvement)
roman2807's Picture roman2807 1 Comments Comments

"Certa Don't"
http://instagram.com/certapropaintersboise What we thought was going to be a good company couldn't have been worse. We hired CPP in May 2014. Job started the 10th of June. CPP said they would be done in about 5 days-give 2 days for weather so I buffered 8 days. First day, 2 guys showed up (one 21 and the other in his 40's). They were there for 3 hours, the next day only the 21 year old "prepping". Only put plastic on the front of the windows so I had to ask him to finish tapping all the way around the windows. The 3rd day they were there but apparently the caulk after... More...
(Home Improvement)
2dotherightthing's Picture 2dotherightthing 1 Comments Comments

LOOKS WORSE AFTER BEIMG PAINTED
HAD CERTA PRO PAINT MY CEILINGS.. THAT ALSO REQUIRED SOME MINOR REPAIRING IN TWO AREAS ,THAT WERE DISCUSSED AT THE TIME OF APPRAISAL THERE WAS A CONTINGENCY THAT WE MAY HAVE TO APPLY TWO COATS OF PAINT , THAT WAS ALSO WRITTEN OUT WITH THE ADDITIONAL COST ON THE APPRAISAL... WE ENDED UP NEEDING THE TWO COATS.. WELL.... I THOUGHT LONG AND HARD ABOUT EVEN WRITING A REVIEW DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE WERE SO UN HAPY WITH THE JOB DONE.. INSTEAD OF DOING THE NEEDED REPAIRS.. THEY JUST PAINTED OVER THE AREAS THAT NEEDED .SANDING AND PATCHING.. THEY STARTED TO RUN SHORT OF PAINT ON THE SECOND... More...
(Home Improvement)
PIPER14's Picture PIPER14 1 Comments Comments

Very bad painter.
The worst. I have a long list of complaints, but I'll keep it short: 1. Lies about work that will be done. Joe droned on ad naseum about paint technology and scraping technique and pretreatment when he estimated the job. We clarified in writing the need to scrape, sand and prime windows. On day one. hour one, the crew raised ladders to windows with foam sanding blocks and open paint cans. They were painted in miuntes. Virtually zero prep. 2. Defiant and difficult. Before arriving and on mornings 1, 2 and 3, we told them to open windows. They resisted for 3 days on site. They... More...
(Repair Services)
CLTResident1's Picture CLTResident1 0 Comments Comments

Paint kitchen cabinets
Written bid did not match verbal. Argued with Matt to get him to realize why this was. Scheduled appointment, did not show. Called they said they had me for another day. I spent an entire weekend clearing out cabinets and spent $ to buy samples only to be a no show. POOR BUSINESS PRACTICE More...
(Home Improvement)
robinsfrazee's Picture robinsfrazee 0 Comments Comments

exterior not power washed before painting
The contract stated power washing of exterior prior to painting. The painting crew did not power wash even after consulting. The Certa pro franchise sided with the painting crew claming water was not available even though it was. More...
(Home Improvement)
Edster's Picture Edster 0 Comments Comments

Certapro of Littleton- Ken Korton
This company has blanketed advertising across Denver and mostly a lot of heresy along with telling you what you want to hear. The bottom line is they are not to be trusted or paid until your satisfied with the work. But when the people who show-up to do the job, which is not supervised but instead window dressing for the customer. They hire $8/ hr workers as they need them to complete jobs. The work is not overseen by anyone until after the fact. They guys who came to my painting job were on their own ( and spent a lot time on their phones while working) and were not trained very well and... More...
(Home Improvement)
IkeNelson's Picture IkeNelson 1 Comments Comments

Exterior Home Painting
Timonium, Maryland. Contracted with CertaPro to paint the front of my house and deck. Team did not seem experienced with more than basic paint application. Seemed more interested in how many hours it was taking to do the work than with doing the work correctly. Left my new storm door covered with paint flecks and put up my new shutters with uneven screw placement. Would never recommend them to anyone. More...
(Home Improvement)
jimdandy1's Picture jimdandy1 0 Comments Comments

Reviews
Why is it that they only post the good reviews. I worked for them for over 10 years and you never see the bad reviews. They get them all the time, but you never see them. More...
(Home Improvement)
Unhappy012013's Picture Unhappy012013 0 Comments Comments

They hire only collage kids to help them!
Not one ove the painters was a collage student! More...
(Home Improvement)
OCanada's Picture OCanada 0 Comments Comments

CertaPro Highlands Ranch - does not stand behind their work!
WOW! Stay away from CertaPro painters!!! We had them come and do a bit of drywall repair (which they subcontracted out) and paint in the rooms they did the repair. Simple work that I just don't have time to do. Part of this work was making sure that wires for the vanity lights were correctly placed and to texture any surfaces that were repaired to match existing texture. While they did a reasonable job in the master bath, the work in the hall bath is botched - and they BLAME MY WIFE for it! Apparently she should have halted work and pointed out everything wrong in the 20 minutes that... More...
(Home Improvement)
HRHomeowner's Picture HRHomeowner 1 Comments Comments

Very very expensive
We just moved to Knoxville TN. First I scheduled an est online and received no response. Then called to leave a message and never called back. After a number of times I got an appt for est. meanwhile 2 other professional painting company's came out to give est. first was home cents came in at $345.00 to paint my back porch with me buying paint labor only. The second was from a construction co. Who's is building my privacy fence. They came in at $450.00 then it was certa pros chance. They said it would be $1550.00. What!!!! Anyway I'll leave the rest up to you. If you use them... More...
(Home Improvement)
Flteal's Picture Flteal 0 Comments Comments

NO PREP WORK--
Dan Rowley came to our home in Boise, Idaho. This house is 25 years old. The craftman was very skilled & professional. The representative was not. Mr. Rowley gave us a bid of $3,497.95. The written, legal & signed contract (among other items) said---caulk all area previously caulked that need re-sealing, scape all loose paint & fill holes & re-set nails. 10% of these items where done on house. When my husband complained to him, he said that this was how does on standard paint job. To do scaping, putty, sand would cost us more. Some $611.48 more !!!! Because of a... More...
(Home Improvement)
sandrawelker's Picture sandrawelker 1 Comments Comments

paint house
CERTA PRO PAINTERS Consumer Review
The Certapro workers did an excellent job. They painted my entire house with under hangs and gutters. My house is the best looking house on the block. I ill be calling them to do some additional work., More...
(Home Improvement)
dorothy1948's Picture dorothy1948 0 Comments Comments

Terrible Company! Sub Par work! Wish I read more reviews before interior painting!
Certa Pro never disclosed moving the refrigerator out in the kitchen to paint. In a brand new house, the fridge was moved, and scratched the hard wood floors. The company made us feel like it was POLICY and not their fault, we had soft floors! They also are terrible painters! We asked only for walls to be painted, when paint ended up on carpet, cabinets, white trim, and floors. This was our first experience with what we thought was a professional painting company! They offered to fix their mistakes, but we told them we didn't want to have to clean up their second mistakes! Do... More...
(Home Improvement)
pateacher2013's Picture pateacher2013 1 Comments Comments

THEY STILL OWE ME MONEY I WORK FOR!!!!
I WAS WORKING FOR CERTA PRO PAINTERS OVER SAN ANTONIO TX I HAVE MANY GOOD COMENTS OF CUSTOMERS AND AT THE END THEY FIRE ME WITHOUT A REASON AND THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY ME HIS NAME IS ANTHONY NICOLA AND HIS SISTER AMIE!!! More...
(Home Improvement)
NANISY's Picture NANISY 1 Comments Comments

Certa pro painters don't pay subcontractor.
I did a pressure wash job for the Certa pro in Rockland, MA and they don't want to pay for the job I did for them as a subcontractor. More...
(Home Improvement)
Fadrian36's Picture Fadrian36 0 Comments Comments

Exterior Paint - HORRIBLE WORKMANSHIP AND DELAYS 'WARRANTY'
HORRIBLE COMPANY!!! They did a horrible paint job on the exterior of my house in May 2012. They did some of the repairs in June 2013, but not all. It took me a year to get the owner out to my house (they will often say they were at your home when you were not home.) In April 2013, he admited they did not do my house justice in April 2013. Told me they would repair the job by the end of June 2013. Now I am waiting until end of summer but before October 1st for it to be corrected. It's been over a year since I brought up the issues. The paint is peeling on over 2/3 of the house. DO NOT... More...
(Home Improvement)
jokuda's Picture jokuda 0 Comments Comments

They use 90% undocumented workers (real clever) using subcontractors
I just drove by a Sovereign Bank in Kingston. Nothing but Brazilian workers painting the place under Certa Pro name. They hire nothing but Brazilian subcontractors. I met a few subs at Sherwin Williams, they were doing nothing but complaining about how they are being treated. Certa-Pro in Massachusetts South Shore areas. What they do is give the subcontractor half of the money and the sub has to buy the paint and do any extra work with their half of the money. I do understand the illegal subcontractors (they buy a certificate of insurance from an agency who will take their money all day... More...
(Home Improvement)
Joeybags's Picture Joeybags 0 Comments Comments

they had no idea what they were doing
i hired them to paint the outside window trim.. who i hired and who they sent were sub contractors,, they did very little prep.. neadless to say the paint came off in one year.. never again More...
(Home Improvement)
jeffjeffb's Picture jeffjeffb 0 Comments Comments

disrespectful certa pro painters
Showed up almost 2 hours late the first day. Didn't bring trash bags, and disposed of trash in my trash can. (Most businesses carry it away and dispose of it elsewhere. Unprofessional, non english speaking. Disrespect my house and me. Track in dirty, no booties or tarps the first day and when I asked them to wear booties the second day due to the dirt and debris they were tracking in due to many trips outside, the became insensed. Stood in our brand new walk in tub, which has not been used yet, with dirty tennis shoes. Continually left doors open from house to garage with furnace... More...
(Home Improvement)
harp's Picture harp 0 Comments Comments

Worst Exterior painters :(
CertaPro Painters Lacked in scrapping my house and areas they did scrapped they scrapped sideways when my siding have groves so it damaged the wood. They did not prime my house which leads to paint seeping through and chipping out in large portions. They did not paint straight lines around windows/door. They stuck a beer can in a mouse house then painted over it. They missed many areas and tried to collect payment 5 times without finishing to contract standards. They never tested paint on house to see if its lead. It seems like they just slapped paint on to get it done but not correctly.... More...
(Home Improvement)
NavyGirlVal's Picture NavyGirlVal 1 Comments Comments

Painters - Exterior and Interior
In 75 days , they have yet to complete a 5 day house painting job. They have missed every agreed upon appointment. Overy srapy on windows and porch furniture that they will not correct. Very poor service. Job still not complete. Very poor. More...
(Home Improvement)
answer123's Picture answer123 0 Comments Comments

Just sick about it.
I decided to hire Certa Pro as they are a large company. They guarentee their work for two years. I thought they would be very professional. I should have read this list of complaints first. I had to learn the hard way. The painter was late. He didn't honor items in the contract. The franchise owner talked me into paint that did not match existing semi gloss on my doors. This painter did not prep or tape off anything. He slopped paint onto other surfaces and then had the nerve to ask me if I had left over color to "fix it". He rushed too many coats onto one door and it had... More...
(Home Improvement)
Doitmyself's Picture Doitmyself 1 Comments Comments

Unreliable and Untrustworthy Company
This review has been resolved or replied to by this company. We got CertaPro in Vancouver (2091 West Broadway Suite 200, Vancouver, BCV6J 1Z5) to paint our house and it just has been a bloody nightmare. Unreliable and at times, feeling like we are being lied to. It has been 6 weeks now and all we have are two doors painted (one horribly done as no prep was done) and some trime painted. SIX WEEKS! Furthermore, I took 3 mornings off from work to meet with workers that NEVER SHOWED UP. We are currently trying to cancel our contract with them and they want us to pay for the shoddy job to date and for the paint they ordered but was also misplaced for over... More...
(Home Improvement)
Grumpywithcertapro's Picture Grumpywithcertapro 6 Comments Comments

CertaPro Painters- WORST EVER!
Horrible experience with this company- would not recommend! Save your money and do it yourself! You will do a better job- trust me! They didn't really scrape or sand, as they indicated they would, just rushed to throw up new paint. They struggled, repeatedly, to correct issues- to the point where we decided we'd just cut our losses and accept that "their best" and "the best" are just not in the same category. They oversprayed onto lines coming into the house and the foundation and didn't correct it. They spilled paint on our driveway and didn't... More...
(Home Improvement)
tanyas's Picture tanyas 1 Comments Comments

CertaPro produces very low quality work with many many mistakes
Hired CertaPro to paint entire house and was quoted a 2-3 day job. I was told they would take down blinds, patch and sand all nail holes, prime all walls with special primer and sand down problem areas in the baseboards. Painters show up and thought they were painting 2 rooms. I had to walk through and spend 30 minutes telling them what I wanted done (something that should have been told to them already). When stopping by 2 hours later, they had apparently laid down plastic through the entire house, patched holes, let it dry, sanded them down, primed, let it dry and painted the first coat... More...
(Home Improvement)
Rebecca2501's Picture Rebecca2501 0 Comments Comments

Certa Pro Brunswick, Ohio WORST NIGHTMARE EVER!!!!
My boyfriend and I went with them despite these reviews because my Aunt had work done and was very happy. What I didn't know was I called a different franchise and let me tell you we are having a completely different experience. We had to fight to kick the first crew off our job then we have been stuck with 3 guys with only 1 of them being a painter. This has been the worst mistake we have ever made. I have had painters in my house for 14 days and I still dont have one room finished. This has been a joke and I will be cleaning up their mess for the next year literally! Paint is... More...
(Home Improvement)
Bonja's Picture Bonja 0 Comments Comments

Certa Pro Of Orange County NY
CERTA PRO PAINTERS Customer Review
I think that like any business the local Certa has to be looked at. Its not treuly a "Franchise" all the owners have their own say in what and how they run their business. the local guy George, who owns his Franchise DOES know about paint and painting. the local subs he hires are always professional and curteous, and yes THE OWNER comes out to inspect his work. If someone purchases a Certa and is a bad "Owner". its not really Certa it IS the owner and the folks he hires to work for him. In my county in NY we have gone through painting contractors like bottles of... More...
(Home Improvement)
Oxfordvic's Picture Oxfordvic 0 Comments Comments

Great House Painting
CERTA PRO PAINTERS Consumer Review
I found this company easy to work with, professional and have zero complaints! The cost were comparable, used good paint, they painted the outside of my house, my arbor and fence. I have absolutely NO complaints. Great company and a joy to work with, and I will definately contact them for my interior painting! More...
(Home Improvement)
DebbieLine's Picture DebbieLine 1 Comments Comments

Never Returned Calls
After obtaining a quote and I selected a date for local (Southern New Jeresy rep) to start I had contacted him several times as I had a couple of questions about the the quote. His secretary kept saying he is in an ALL DAY meeting, yet he doesn't do any of the painting. After many attempts and no returned call I called and canceled Certa Pro Painters from the job. One would think you would return calls from a customer who has hired you but with this gentleman no one returned phone call. However, he did return the call after I left the message with his secretary that I canceled Certa... More...
(Home Improvement)
kittensrcool's Picture kittensrcool 0 Comments Comments

Certa Pro Painters fails to honor two year warranty
Work performed in February 2011. By April 2012 the main bathroom ceiling was severly peeling. When we called on May 8, 9, and 10 2012 they refused to honor their alleged 2 year warranty. WITHOUT EVEN VISITING the house they maintaine it was normal wear-and-tear. We'll let the BErgen County NJ small claims court resolve this one. More...
(Home Improvement)
JoeM's Picture JoeM 2 Comments Comments

DISAPOINTED
We hired Certa Pro Cape Cod to do some painting in our Bed & Breakfast for us. We were told on several occasions we were getting their best painting crew to do our job. If this was their best, I can only imagine the worst. These painters rushed through this job and therefore they did a very sloppy job. They left all the picture hooks in the walls and just painted over them. We spent hours cleaning up paint splatter on floors and furniture and kitchen cabinets. Some of the areas to be painted were not painted. The painting crew were unprofessional to say the least. It was obvious... More...
(Home Improvement)
captainfarris's Picture captainfarris 0 Comments Comments

Certa
They did an overall sloppy job, from not evening out a rough area to painting a wall that we asked not be painted. They did not sand many areas, which we will need to redo ourselves. I payed a lot for a lousy paint job that will need to be redone. More...
(Home Improvement)
bdc1's Picture bdc1 0 Comments Comments

Poor job
This review has been resolved or replied to by this company. I had Certa Pro Painters of Frisco to paint couple rooms in my house. I was really disappointed with the quality that they did. They don't clean up their mess that they made. They don't use any plastic cover/drop cloth to cover up the floors or counters. I had paint splashes/dripped all over the place. The workers were very unprofessional. They walked in and out of the house w/o taking their dirty shoes off and it leaves lots of dirty spots all over the wood floor and also the carpet. VERY MESSY! Need less to say, the subcontractor that Certa Pro sent over to do the... More...
(Home Improvement)
Ammii's Picture Ammii 2 Comments Comments

Certapro in Richmond, VA
We are purchasing a new home and called Certapro for a free estimate. The work to be completed was wallpaper removal and painting of the entire interior of the house. My wife and I were told that we would have a quote in a week. After 4 phone calls that were not returned, I called a fifth time and finally got a hold of someone. Needless to say, I got a quote 1 week later. Fast forward 1 month and we asked for a revision of the quote. The revision was for adding bead board and chair rail painting and I was told I would have a revision sent to me. Well, that was 16 days ago. I have... More...
(Home Improvement)
jjjjrichmondva's Picture jjjjrichmondva 0 Comments Comments

Exterior house painting
On the first day there were two painters after that we had one painter show up. He was unreliable and worked for a few hours and would not return. This went on for approx two weeks. The job was to be finished before my daughters wedding peferrably a week before. In particular the days just before the wedding, this said worker would show up for a couple of hours,swear to us he would be back but would not return. He was continually texting and calling my husband who is not shy yet very patient. My husband was actually much more patient then I was. I was in the midst of a busy week and found... More...
(Repair Services)
suzy712's Picture suzy712 0 Comments Comments

Disappointed
Messy job. Had painters come in to paint master bath and bedroom and hallway/staircase. Besides missing some very obvious areas, when came back to "fix" created more issues. I was left with a very unprofessional job (paint in many areas on carpet, door hinges completely painted over, brush marks, fingerprint (paint) marks on ceiling, etc.). I will NOT be hiring this outfit for painting in the future. More...
(Home Improvement)
auntelaine's Picture auntelaine 0 Comments Comments

DONT DEAL WITH THEM
I own a reputable company that is known for good dealings and quality work. I contracted some worke form certa pro. The job ended up being alot bigger than they originally estimated. They said to finish the job and they would make it right in the end. I finished the job. They where very happy with it as well as the owner having the work done. Certa pro payed for the original amount which took forever to get. Now im trying to get my money for the change orders and i cant get ahold of them. They keep making excuses when i do, THEY ARE A RIP OFF OUT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WHOEVER THEY CAN. THERE... More...
(Repair Services)
ampete88's Picture ampete88 1 Comments Comments

What a Joke
This review has been resolved or replied to by this company. My wife and I had certa Pro painters paint our home and boy are we sorry. No one on the job spoke english and one of the painters had never painted before--ever. Painted over dirt and did not scrape off old paint. No priming of bare wood. Paint pealing after only 1 month. Looked like a bunch of kids painted our home. Owner stood behind his "Painters" great job he said. All work done as agreed. I don't see how these clowns stay in business. Wanted an additional 1000.00 to bring in a NEW crew and fix what should have been done right to began with. Let this be a warning DO NOT... More...
(Home Improvement)
joecline1962's Picture joecline1962 7 Comments Comments

Complaint
Received a 1 year inspection report from CertaPro of Doylestown, PA Martin Bahner owner/Operator. Indicated that they inspected the exterior of my home which they painted last year. They checked off that my home did not pass thier "quality Inspection". I've written n o less than 3 times and never received the courtesy of a reply. More...
(Home Improvement)
emily2007's Picture emily2007 1 Comments Comments

Waste
If you are looking for a cheap fly by night job go with Certa-Pro. First - You would think they would scrape the loose paint off, no the powerwash it to make more loose paint. Second - They stated they would fill in with caulk and a special sealer they had. Two years later still waiting. Third - Paint peals off, I have been touching up my house since they left. I understand weather, wear and tear etc takes its toll. BUT do not come and give me the we do this we do that story like you did and then do not return any of my calls for six months. Then this is the one that did it... More...
(Home Improvement)
Graham's Picture Graham 1 Comments Comments

No Show
I guess we were lucky after reading some of the complaints here. We had scheduled an appointment to meet at noon. The man never showed. Actually, he showed 40 minutes late and called to ask where we were and he seems surprised when we had returned to our jobs. Very inconsiderate! However, I realized if he couldn't make the appointment, then he would not be a good choice for a painter. More...
(Home Improvement)
CantGetGoodHelp's Picture CantGetGoodHelp 1 Comments Comments

CertaPro Painters Gurnee IL
Absolutely the worst contractor we have ever delt with. Painted our aluminum downspouts, soffits, window frames and facia! Dripped white paint on shingles then painted them black. Missed many areas on house. Didnt relace hardware on shutters...list goes on and on. No offer to claim on insurance, just want same crew to repair damage to our home. No way. Do not use them. More...
(Home Improvement)
jurinek's Picture jurinek 3 Comments Comments

Posted by: Local Yokel ()
Date: March 29, 2016 06:22PM

I wonder what the local certapro painter's reviews are like.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.