HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
arrests/ticket search
Posted by: josh ()
Date: May 23, 2005 09:17AM

Why is the disposition of the arrest/ticket not posted. It seems like all are guilty. At least put down prior to searching that this does not mean the parties are guilty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: arrests/ticket search
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: May 23, 2005 10:04AM

Sounds like someone who is on the list who is guilty. The fairfax county web site tells users the list is arrests and not convictions.

Date: May 23, 2005 10:15AM

Saw your message pgens and indeed I did receive a summons to appear for a misd offense and it was DISMISSED without any merrit to the charge. Last week at work someone came over to me and said you got arrested last year...Now that one person has found out it will go around even though it was dismissed. This is my first day in this site and when you go to Arrest/Ticket Section it does not say these are only arrests and not convictions and that a person is innocent till proven guilty....

Date: May 23, 2005 11:38AM

True and understandable... I'd say go to the arrest search page and use the link there to the "comments and suggestions" thread link and post a note there to add that little factoid.

Better yet, maybe Cory can encourage people to register by offering to remove their entries from his dump of the arrest database if they register. Of course then every sex offender will register here... maybe not such a good idea.

I actually use the list as a name/address resource. If I need the address of someone I know I just look them up on the arrest database... most people have a traffic ticket or two (at least my friends).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2005 11:54AM by pgens.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: May 23, 2005 03:27PM

josh -
i run this site, i'll explain some things.
the database that this site uses is put out by the police department. the police department has no control over what goes on further down the line in the court system as far as guilty, innocent or whatnot.
To view the disposition for a case, visit http://208.210.219.132/vadistrict/select.jsp (also available in the links section above)

I have been meaning to change the wording on the arrest search page for awhile, perhaps I'll do that today.

Also, pgens may be on to something. Perhaps I'll start allowing people to replace their real names on the arrest list with their registered handle on this board. Perhaps, but probably not.

Date: May 23, 2005 04:40PM

Cary Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> josh -
> i run this site, i'll explain some things.
> the database that this site uses is put out by the
> police department. the police department has no
> control over what goes on further down the line in
> the court system as far as guilty, innocent or
> whatnot.
> To view the disposition for a case, visit
> [208.210.219.132] (also available in the links
> section above)
>
> I have been meaning to change the wording on the
> arrest search page for awhile, perhaps I'll do
> that today.
>
> Also, pgens may be on to something. Perhaps I'll
> start allowing people to replace their real names
> on the arrest list with their registered handle on
> this board. Perhaps, but probably not.

Thank you so much Cary. With a change in wording people who appear and want to can just say please read what the site says....I got my official record from the police dept showing the case was dismissed without merit. I do really like your site alot keep up the good work. I would be carful about putting your registered handle on the board...If someone is a sick person so to speak this might give them another way to prey on people,,,,Thank you again for the change.

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: May 24, 2005 12:22AM

Damn Cary, why did you have to point out that court system thing. Now I'll be up all night preying on old girlfriends and digging up good blackmail shit.

Date: May 24, 2005 06:57AM

Cary, that link is teh shit. I had jury duty back in 2001 and wanted to find out what happened with some guy's case I didn't get picked for. Turned out I still can't find him but will keep trying. But that is uber-cool.

Posted by: frown ()
Date: December 26, 2010 10:17PM

funnyyyy

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.