HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Intentionally ramming another car
Posted by: boredom ()
Date: June 16, 2009 10:37PM

Fox News commented on a study (it's Fox, so take it with a grain of sale) that showed 4% of Northern VA / D.C. residents intentionally rammed another car out of anger.

wtf. Why would you intentionally ram another car, get into an accident, and have your insurance go up? I'm sure one of you I DROVE DRUNK HEP ME LAWYERZZSZ people have done this, so enlighten us on this insane amount of stupidity.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Intentionally ramming another car
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 16, 2009 10:51PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 10:21PM by WingNut.

Posted by: MLI ()
Date: June 16, 2009 10:52PM

I did this one time, well actually I was in the car. It was back in my "gangster" days. We were riding around south arlington, shirlington to be exact. Anyways, we saw these fools that ripped off our homeboy for some e-pills. We were in dudes moms car and he just started raming this fools of four mile run

Posted by: walkman2 ()
Date: June 16, 2009 10:59PM

Heres the link to the article

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31380857/ns/us_news-life?GT1=43001

and the quote

"In Washington, D.C., four percent of drivers admitted to slamming into another driver," said Bush. "They stand out in that one particular category."

but what they don't say is how many people were polled in DC...I know I was not polled!

Date: June 16, 2009 11:03PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 10:20PM by WingNut.

Posted by: MLI ()
Date: June 16, 2009 11:16PM

at first we hit the back of their bumber but then we went to the left of them and made them run of the road. one dude got out of the moving car and stated running...lol

dude who was driving had it the worst, the car got stuck on the sidewalk and we just got out the car and kicked his ass..

Posted by: Snap-a-doodle do ()
Date: June 16, 2009 11:32PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MLI Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I did this one time, well actually I was in the
> > car. It was back in my "gangster" days. We were
> > riding around south arlington, shirlington to
> be
> > exact. Anyways, we saw these fools that ripped
> off
> > our homeboy for some e-pills. We were in dudes
> > moms car and he just started raming this fools
> of
> > four mile run
>
> If it was bumper to bumper that sounds like good
> clean fun, any serious body damage?

There's no such thing as good clean fun with a modern car. Cars do not have big steel bumpers like in 1950. Bumpers are basically disposable and are expensive to replace. There is an energy-absorbing structure inside the bumper that gets crushed when you hit something.

Posted by: notme ()
Date: June 17, 2009 11:26AM

1982 W123 Mercedes 240D with a full steel bumper FTW!

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: June 17, 2009 11:32AM

If they surveyed only 50 people and two asshats wanted to screw with the survey, I think that is within the realm of possibilities. Makes for a great headline, though. And that's gold in the news business.

Posted by: SoupNazi ()
Date: June 17, 2009 01:04PM

boredom Wrote:
> Fox News commented on a study (it's Fox, so take
> it with a grain of sale) that showed 4% of
> Northern VA / D.C. residents intentionally rammed
> another car out of anger.
>
> wtf. Why would you intentionally ram another car,
> get into an accident, and have your insurance go
> up? I'm sure one of you I DROVE DRUNK HEP ME
> LAWYERZZSZ people have done this, so enlighten us
> on this insane amount of stupidity.

I think I know what the problem is...

There's a lot of folks in Fairfax who have pretty decent jobs, government/tech/contracting/IT and who work really hard... They have nice McMansions out there in the suburbs, and they sit in traffic on Rt. 50 and then 66 in order to get to work every morning. Same every evening when they come home, they sit in traffic, for an hour, hour and a half or so. Then they get home, to their McMansion, their kids, whom they hardly see due to the long working hours ignore them, their spouse, who also works, ignores them also as he or she pours over the bills from the credit card companies they owe, the bills from the finance companies that lent them the money to buy their SUV's and BMW's, they read about Heroin dealers at local high schools and wonder to themselves "How well do I really know my own son/daughter..." and then, one day on the road some assjack cuts them off and suddenly, as if from out of nowhere, it occurs to them... "I'm in bumper to bumper traffic, AGAIN, just like every day to get to a job I hate! All the money I earn pays off creditors, my house is worth 500K LESS than it was when I bought it and I still have to pay the damn mortgage, basically I've worked so hard for absolutely NOTHING (nothing of any real substance anyway) and this ASSHOLE has the nerve to cut ME off!? WHAT THE FUCK!?" and suddenly all that repressed anxiety and frustration comes to a head, and they slam the bastard, dead on.

I think that's at the root of it.

Posted by: Trebor_snika ()
Date: June 17, 2009 09:39PM

MLI you think your some kind of fucking gangsta? you sound like a pussy, taking three people to beat someone. fucking child

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: June 18, 2009 12:44AM

SoupNazi Wrote:
> absolutely NOTHING (nothing of any real substance
> anyway) and this ASSHOLE has the nerve to cut ME
> off!? WHAT THE FUCK!?" and suddenly all that
> repressed anxiety and frustration comes to a head,
> and they slam the bastard, dead on.
>
> I think that's at the root of it.

I doubt it. I think the people you describe are the ones who get offended if you drive faster thaen them, and even though they were driving 28 mph in a 45 zone, they speed up as soon as you try to pass them, and will then chase you at 70 or more to prove to you and the world that they really aren't worker-bee drone losers.

But then again, this area has a wide variety of neurotic driver behaviors. So maybe ramming people is just one more of the various manifestations of narcisistic neurotic behaviors. Like the people who want to fight you over a parking space, or who will chase you for 10 minutes because you honked at them when they almost sideswiped you when they tried to change lanes directly into you.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: June 18, 2009 02:05AM

Results are rather useless given they only surveyed 2,518 people in 25 major metropolitan cities.

So, Jaybee, you weren't far off on that count of 50 people.

Date: June 18, 2009 07:48AM

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 10:26PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: June 18, 2009 08:13AM

That's the truth.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.