HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
(904) 669-3325
Posted by: I hate these people ()
Date: November 02, 2015 11:49AM

Lower your credit card interest rates or something like that.

Do Not Call list is useless. There should be a whopping fine for violating it, and countries where these calls centers are located (e.g., INDIA) should be subjected to severe economic sanctions.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: (904) 669-3325
Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: November 02, 2015 01:06PM

They can be fined up to $10K/call. However, that requires that the bureaucrats get off their collective fat ass and act. They keep taking the easy way out and settling for a reduced fine.

A lot of these illegal telemarketers are based in Florida, because of the asset shielding laws in place there. I wish that someone would get a judge to declare that Florida is indemnifying these guys, so that if they don't pay, Florida does. I bet you would see the laws change in short order.

The people who work for them are all sociopathic losers anyway, and should be included in any lawsuits. They are required to identify themselves and give an address, but always refuse to do so. Any parent should be ashamed of them. "My child is a telemarketer" is even worse than "My child does nothing except post to Fairfax Underground".

Re: (904) 669-3325
Posted by: tricky Floridians ()
Date: November 02, 2015 01:30PM

Spoofed/Skyped numbers don't help.

I think we need a new federal law, making it irrelevant where these people.

Break the DNC law, you pay $50,000. If you don't have it, the beneficial owners of the company face jail time.

Hiding behind a foreign call center? The country shielding the call center is sanctioned, and the operators of the call center are extradited and prosecuted in the US. No extradition? Increased sanctions and cuts in foreign aid.

Screw these scammers.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.