HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Community Service Board (CSB).
Posted by: John Green ()
Date: October 09, 2015 07:51PM

The FC Community Services Board is currently undergoing a reduction in force, and encouraging it's employees to leave if they don't like working longer hours, weekends and holidays. CSB employees are professional mental health and substance abuse clinicians, most with Graduate degrees, and licensed with the state of Virginia to provide assessment, therapy,and case management. Most people who enter this field do so out of a sense of purpose, and a willingness to help others with serious mental and addiction issues. They never expected to make a lot of money in this field, just a chance to help others through tough times and to make their lives fuller and more meaningful. NOW, the management of the CSB has been busy making these changes in the most rude and arrogant manner possible. "If you don't like it, then just leave". The management of the CSB has broken the trust of it's employees. What happens when employees are treated badly is a lesser product, lesser services. Some who read this may say "well we will save taxpayers money if these people leave". Not so, as what will happen is the more experienced and educated employees will leave and be replaced by people with very little experience and very little education. The clients will not be served adequately, and the public may find themselves at risk. Your thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Community Service Board (CSB).
Posted by: Mental Health Not A Priority ()
Date: October 09, 2015 08:21PM

One need look no further than Fairfax' Office of Code Enforcement.

This office is supposed to engage mental health personnel. It does not. There are documented cases of the mentally ill being forced from their homes, being brought up on criminal charges and subjected to harassment by inspectors.

This type of thing was a problem for the previous Hoarding Task Force. This entity evicted a woman and her daughter from their home, forcing them to live outdoors. When it was revealed that mental illness played a role in the Task Force's misconduct, it was quietly shut down.

Code Compliance Chief Jeff Blackford has no time for mental health. He wants to clear cases and generate revenue for the County through fines. He shows no compassion for the mentally ill. To him, the CSB's mere existence is an impediment to his plans, so it stands to reason that he and other likeminded officials are engaged in a campaign to eliminate it.

Posted by: Natasha ()
Date: October 09, 2015 08:31PM

They do a fine job- just ask my Mom...who has to deal with my deadness since I was killed by the SERT team of Fairfax County Sheriffs Office....

Posted by: they don't care ()
Date: October 09, 2015 08:51PM

Dead, homeless, undeserved criminal records, harassed, FFX does not care.

It is all about control and money. They pick on the weakest. You do not want to be mentally ill and have any encounters with Fairfax personnel. You will get screwed in ways you cannot imagine.

The magistrates are also to blame for handing out warrants and prosecuting these people.

Date: October 09, 2015 08:51PM

I was not aware of this. Thank you for your info. I am sure there are other cockroaches in the Board of Supervisors who are behind him.

Date: October 09, 2015 09:10PM

I hear you. Let's hope some positive change will come.

Date: October 09, 2015 09:13PM

I hear you. Let's hope some changes happen to better serve the people.

Posted by: already not served ()
Date: October 10, 2015 01:13AM

Fairfax County is to blame for all these problems. Nobody is getting served. Residents of Fairfax County deserve everything they get.

Date: October 10, 2015 11:37AM

I absolutely agree. Fairfax County Services Board (CSB)is IMPLODING, services will be affected, and people in need will not be served. Meanwhile the upper management will continue to make big salaries, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Posted by: horror story ()
Date: October 10, 2015 11:47AM

I, and several others, look after a somewhat elderly friend with some mental health issues.

He likes to get out from time to time. I took him to McDonald's (he likes the free tea refills), and told him I'd run an errand or two and come back. I have done this before, he doesn't wander, he sits and drinks his tea and may try to read something.

When I came back, there were three police cars. He was in the back of one of them.

It turns out someone was in the McDonald's selling something. He did not respond well to this. The "saleslady" called the police and told him he had propositioned her and exposed himself.

I told the police this was ridiculous but they would not budge. The McDonald's manager said she knew my friend, he had never done anything like that.

I asked the police if they could get mental health services involved, they said I had to do it.

I called his doctor, the office said to take him to the Emergency Room, I said I can't, he's in a police car.

They suggested I call the Fairfax mental health mobile crisis van. I called them and they were busy.

I called the doctor's office back, they got his doctor on the phone, the doctor talked to the police.

I got a lecture about leaving an "unstable person" out without supervision (he's not unstable, just don't hassle him, he'll say odd things).

The McDonald's manager then tried to file a complaint against the "saleslady" and the police said since they did not see it, they would not do anything (of course they did not see the alleged exposing but that's neither here nor there).

So why do I pay taxes? The police are not sensitive to mental health issues. Fairfax' mental health services are useless. This was a crisis.

So this poor guy suffers, shut up by himself in the house. I guess he's lucky the zoning people did not come out.

Posted by: people of fairfax ()
Date: October 10, 2015 02:26PM

People of Fairfax County will get exactly what they demand and they will deserve what they get. You'll appreciate the nightmare police state you have demanded when it affects you directly. Fairfax County Police State coming to a family member near you. Soon.

Date: October 10, 2015 09:21PM

Damn shame it went down like that. I hope the elderly gent is doing ok, now. There is only one vehicle and team for MCU at this point, and that is woefully inadequate for a county of this size. CSB management didn't have any problem creating a new tier of upper level deputy managers though (with high salaries). They were able to find the money for that. The FC Board of Supervisors voted themselves a nice raise too. MEANwhile, the underpaid CSB employees are being told they can leave if they don't like the ways things are run.

Posted by: goes to show you ()
Date: October 10, 2015 09:46PM

Government is nothing but people going to meetings and conferences. And some like to throw their weight around.

My neighbor runs a landscaping business. Yes, he has some equipment in his driveway sometimes.

The zoning people knocked at the door and tried to get me to complain about him. I would not do it. They asked to come inside, I told them no.

About a week later, ICE (immigration) came by and asked a bunch of questions about the neighbor. I told the guys to go ask them directly. They said they don't speak Spanish.

They wanted to come inside as well. I asked them why. They said they wanted to see if the neighbor was in my house. I said I'd like to call my attorney before you do that, they said they did not have time for that.

Hitler and Stalin would be proud of what Bush and Obama have created. I can't decide if I need a brown shirt or a hammer and sickle.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.