HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Good Bye, Ilryong Moon!
Posted by: Good Bye, Ilryong Moon! ()
Date: September 21, 2015 11:56AM

I don't know how he got through Harvard or passed the Bar, but the truth of the matter is that he can't speak English.

Every employee at his law firm is Korean and most if not all of the clients are probably Korean as well.

We don't need a non-English speaker on the school board.

In any case, he is non responsive, and it is not clear what he has done, except help FCPS run up all kinds of bills and turn a blind eye to fraud, waste, and abuse.

Good Bye, Ilryong Moon!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Good Bye, Ilryong Moon!
Posted by: heavy Korean accent ()
Date: September 21, 2015 12:11PM

Good Bye, Ilryong Moon! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know how he got through Harvard or passed
> the Bar, but the truth of the matter is that he
> can't speak English.
>
> Every employee at his law firm is Korean and most
> if not all of the clients are probably Korean as
> well.
>
> We don't need a non-English speaker on the school
> board.
>
> In any case, he is non responsive, and it is not
> clear what he has done, except help FCPS run up
> all kinds of bills and turn a blind eye to fraud,
> waste, and abuse.
>
> Good Bye, Ilryong Moon!

he's hard to understand sometimes, in fact he shouted something about boosterthon at one of the meetings last spring but no one knew what the heck he was talking about. but his written english is fine, he does speak the language, just with an accent.

Posted by: IllWrong ()
Date: September 21, 2015 12:45PM

Are you saying he is Ill and Wrong?

Posted by: Nostradumbass ()
Date: September 21, 2015 01:07PM

Good Bye, Ilryong Moon! Wrote:
> I don't know how he got through Harvard or passed
> the Bar, but the truth of the matter is that he
> can't speak English.
>
> Every employee at his law firm is Korean and most
> if not all of the clients are probably Korean as
> well.
>
> We don't need a non-English speaker on the school
> board.
>
> In any case, he is non responsive, and it is not
> clear what he has done, except help FCPS run up
> all kinds of bills and turn a blind eye to fraud,
> waste, and abuse.
>
> Good Bye, Ilryong Moon!

Funny how he passed the bar, but Hillary Clinton couldn't and she's the DNC frontrunner.

Posted by: Boosterthon? ()
Date: September 21, 2015 01:10PM

What did he say about Boosterthon? It is rare for him to take positions on anything that are not in line with FCPS preferences.

Posted by: he was pissed ()
Date: September 21, 2015 03:18PM

Boosterthon? Wrote:
> What did he say about Boosterthon? It is rare for
> him to take positions on anything that are not in
> line with FCPS preferences.

like I said, no one could understand what he was yelling about. he got up and shouted something like "blah blah blah BOOSTERTHON!!" and then abruptly sat back down while everybody was just all confused. he sounded pissed.

Posted by: PXv3X ()
Date: September 21, 2015 04:32PM

he is hard to understand. wtf the guy has lived here for decades. Im all for diversity but he cannot even have been trying to improve his Ringlish. Seriously.

Posted by: Who knows what he thinks? ()
Date: September 21, 2015 04:47PM

He probably thinks Boosterthon is either some American food, or maybe a slang term for sex. Hard to tell with him.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: September 22, 2015 12:26AM

We do know his policy positions with his voting record and that should be enough. Good bye and good riddance.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: September 22, 2015 09:12AM

The guy has been on the school board for some time. If you are looking to get him booted, you would have to do better than this. To start with you might consider running a better candidate.

Posted by: Over the Moon ()
Date: September 22, 2015 09:58AM

This guy took a large group of school board and admin travelers "off" per diem on a conference trip to New Orleans and they all went to a fancy restaurant in the French Quarter and ordered everything from turtle soup to bananas Foster. Put it on the county credit card. Put the meal for three spouses on the card, also. We were paid back right away, but still. $60+ per person. He was Chairman at the time.

Posted by: End Korean Corruption ()
Date: September 22, 2015 10:05AM

This kind of corruption has to stop. In Korea they have places where you can rent a private room, and, if you want/need them, the room comes with drinks and girls as well.

I guess as close as we get to that here is a fancy New Orleans restaurant. We work hard and pay taxes, the school board goes off and parties. Then, when they see the schools are broke, they cry for increases in property tax, demand a meals tax and want their own taxation authority.

EVERY SINGLE INCUMBENT ON THE SCHOOL BOARD NEEDS TO GO. Some are running unopposed and that's not good. We can, however, get rid of Strauss, Reed, Moon, Velkoff, and McElveen without too much trouble at all. Let's do this.

Posted by: Over the Moon ()
Date: September 22, 2015 11:18AM

Every single person on this list owes us an explanation and needs to write a check to the county. This was put on the Chairman's county charge card. Mr. Moon was the Chairman at the time. These people were on county funded travel to New Orleans for a National School Boards Conference. We are required to provide this type of thing for the School Board and the senior admin staff. We are not required to provide anything more than GSA per diem for non-local travel of this type. Per diem was about $71 a day, which would cover all meals for the entire day. When you receive per diem, you don't put meals on a county credit card. Some trips were pulled and per diem was not claimed for this dinner, but this was still totally out of line. A fine example of Fraud, Waste, and Abuse.

They go to Bo$ton next year. $$$$$$$.

I don't want to hear about a budget crisis. This is a joke. A county that is broke does not pay for stuff like center cut filet and veal Oscar with all the trimmings.

Every single School Board member on this list should be voted out of office if they don't pay this back. All members and all staff should have their wages garnished.
Attachments:
schoolboardno42014.pdf

Posted by: Insider trading ()
Date: September 22, 2015 11:51AM

Strauss, McLaughlin, Moon (all on the above dinner list) plus Storck (not on the list) are the Audit Committee.

Posted by: foxes are guarding henhouse ()
Date: September 22, 2015 11:59AM

School Board Standing Committees

FY 2016

Audit Committee

Charge:

The Audit Committee serves as the Board’s liaison with the Internal Audit Office by: 1) reviewing the annual audit plan prepared by the Internal Audit Office and submitting its recommendation to the School Board for approval; 2) mediating the auditors’ relationship with management; 3) reviewing audit reports and management responses, and reporting to the Board monthly; 4) following up on the implementation of internal audit recommendations; 5) monitoring progress against the approved annual audit plan; 6) acting as a conduit for School Board member requests for adhoc reviews; 7) periodically reviewing audit-related policies for approval by the Board; and 8) assisting the Board with the evaluation of the Auditor General in accordance with Human Resources guidelines, policies, and regulations. The School Board shall have final approval in regard to the audit plan, the audit budget, and the implementation of any significant recommendations.

Members:
•Jane Strauss, Chairman; Megan McLaughlin, Ilryong Moon, Dan Storck
• Staff Liaison: School Board Auditor General

Posted by: gHeLL ()
Date: September 22, 2015 12:04PM

This dink locks the slant-eyed vote and is a shoe-in. Sorry, but couple the slopes vote with the liberal drooling Gruber vote and he'll sail in November. Fuck the school board. We need to get the liberal fucktards off the board of supers. That is where the money flows from and that is where pressure can be put on the schools to reign in all the bullshit like teaching that faggotry is normal and boys can be girls anytime they want to walk around the locker room with a woody.

Posted by: Inquisitive One ()
Date: September 23, 2015 01:52PM

I do wish he would do something to improve his language skills. I heard the Pope speak and I immediately thought that Moon may be giving him ESOL lessons. The problem is that the Pope acknowledges that he is not fluent in English and is not holding a public position.

Posted by: Patterns of Influence? ()
Date: September 23, 2015 02:38PM

Does Moon's Korean-staffed law firm have anything to do with bringing Koreans to the US and then enrolling in FCPS? That could be worth investigating.

I've emailed him several times, he does not respond, but my last name is not Kim, Lee, or Park.

Posted by: my guess ()
Date: September 23, 2015 02:51PM

http://www.moonparklaw.com/services.html

Look at the "staffs" section.

Certainly appears to be a niche law firm. My guess is that "family immigration" is a big part of the practice.

Posted by: That'sFunnyTranslation ()
Date: September 23, 2015 03:02PM

he was pissed Wrote:
> Boosterthon? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What did he say about Boosterthon? It is rare
> for
> > him to take positions on anything that are not
> in
> > line with FCPS preferences.
>
> like I said, no one could understand what he was
> yelling about. he got up and shouted something
> like "blah blah blah BOOSTERTHON!!" and then
> abruptly sat back down while everybody was just
> all confused. he sounded pissed.

Hahaha.

Posted by: XmKgcSg ()
Date: September 23, 2015 04:42PM

my guess Wrote:
> http://www.moonparklaw.com/services.html
>
> Look at the "staffs" section.
>
> Certainly appears to be a niche law firm. My
> guess is that "family immigration" is a big part
> of the practice.

Look at the guy on the opening page of the website grabbing his crotch.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.