HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Accident in Fairfax City - driver in altered state
Posted by: Mrs. K ()
Date: June 08, 2009 09:18AM

Hey Folks,
My son and I were in an accident last Friday in Fairfax City. The woman was driving a big SUV and just came over into my lane. My car was undriveable and hers was fine. Afterwards, while I was trying to help my son, she started yelling some crazy crap about their being no damage and tried to leave the scene. I told her that she couldn't leave, I couldn't move my car.

Lucky for me, someone parked a stolen mercedes in the parking lot close to the road and the accident scene. A cop was checking on that when he came upon our accident and called it in. He told the woman she had to stay, and told me that the woman that hit me seemed "confused." After that she just sat in her SUV chatting on the cell phone.

Another cop came to work the accident. He had us exchange information, and the paper she returned to me showed that she didn't know the date, the day of the week (she thought it was Thursday) or her license plate # even though it was her SUV. After the cop talked to her, he came back and said that she just didn't see me. He also said that she wasn't making a lot of sense. The tow truck driver arrived and asked her to move up a bit. He came back saying she wouldn't move and she said some other crazy crap to him. I told the cop that I thought the woman was in an altered state, and that I was worried that she was going to get out on the road and hurt herself or someone else. He said he knew what I was talking about, but that he didn't smell alcohol on her breath, so he couldn't test her further. He did issue her a few citations for the accident, though.

Here's the thing -- there was something definitely wrong with the woman. Call it pills, booze or dementia -- I don't care -- but it bothers the shit out of me that no one stopped her from being out on the road for at least that day.

What would you have done?

Mrs. K

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Accident in Fairfax City - driver in altered state
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 08, 2009 09:24AM

He's full of crap that he couldn't do anything because he didn't smell alcohol. The police love to point this fact out... they can use just about any criteria to trigger suspicion of DUI/DWI and futher investigate.

Date: June 08, 2009 09:25AM

That's what I thought. Why wouldn't he do something then?

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 08, 2009 09:33AM

I also believe an officer can exercise discretion, and he may have felt like he didn't NEED to to anything and I am guessing the paperwork involved in doing a DWI bust based off someone's personal behavior and nothing else is probably pretty dense, so he probably did not FEEL like it either.

Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: June 08, 2009 09:38AM

He didnt observe her driving , duh, go to court and watch a couple of these cases . Sherlock Holmes you morons are not

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 08, 2009 09:45AM

;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 10:17PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Do you need an expert to help at your work? ()
Date: June 08, 2009 12:18PM

I guess we will never know, will we?

Posted by: Jujnjury ()
Date: June 08, 2009 04:11PM

Well you have the accident report with her address,, take louisville slugger with you in the night and give her sorry ass something to be confused about.

Posted by: curious ()
Date: June 09, 2009 05:33PM

"there's no law against driving while insane"

Clearly that must be the case in Fairfax County-
Haha +1

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 09, 2009 05:51PM

i think it's far more likely that she was just pissed off than was in an "altered state."

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: 70chip ()
Date: June 09, 2009 06:13PM

Police are similar to predators.. they like low hanging fruit. They will cuff you and send you to prison if you have a trace of beer on your breath... its an easy open/shut case with loads of precedent. However, if you are stoned off your gord on prescription pills they'll look the other way, because it gets too "sticky" in court. Its outrageous what law enforcement in 21st century has become. Police are like robots looking for pre-programmed violations that meet certain convenient court criteria. BAC is the state's holy grail in determining intoxication. However in reality it is one of the least accurate barometers of measuring one's inebriation. IMO, a well executed and documented field-sobriety test should be the deciding factor.

Date: June 09, 2009 06:37PM

Gravis, she didn't seem mad, she just seemed like something was wrong with her -- under the influence of something. I wasn't the only one who thought so.

Curious, my husband (who came to help out at the end of everything), said the same thing: "There's no law against being crazy."

Posted by: kaboom ()
Date: June 09, 2009 09:30PM

The confusion and amnesia could be symptoms of an ambien induced drive. I know people who have gotten in accidents while on that before, and their symptoms pretty much matched what you were describing. That would be my .02 cents

Date: June 10, 2009 12:18PM

Just got off the phone from the insurance co. The woman won't talk to them -- they keep calling her, and she keeps hanging up on them.

They won't move forward with processing the claim until they talk to her and she admits fault, even though the police cited her for the accident. I may have to sue her.

Posted by: Well ()
Date: June 10, 2009 12:32PM

Whats her name? You could run her name against the ticket database on this site and learn a lot. Does she live in City of Fairfax? Age, weight, type of SUV? Give us some details.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: June 10, 2009 12:40PM

What sex is she?

Date: June 10, 2009 01:04PM

Update: the woman gave a fake address on the accident form (the address doesn't exist.) I have to wait until the cop files his paperwork to find out what her real address is.

Her name and age didn't pull anything up on the FFX ticket/arrest search.

What a mess.

Date: June 10, 2009 01:14PM

Yep, gonna have to wait until the info comes up on the ticket summons forms. I'd contact the FCPD ASAP and mention that your insurance is stalling on processing info until the report gets filed.

Did the telephone number work? Perhaps a reverse lookup would assist in matters. Who is her insurance carrier? You did get that info, yes? And license plate info?

Date: June 10, 2009 01:15PM

Addendum: I'd also request that an arrest warrant be issued for her for providing false information on a police/accident report.

Posted by: Bonfire ()
Date: June 10, 2009 03:19PM

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Addendum: I'd also request that an arrest warrant
> be issued for her for providing false information
> on a police/accident report.

+100 !!! Mrs. K. , you should instantly go and get an arrest warrant if you can!!!

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: June 10, 2009 07:24PM

Did the popo got their info from her driver's license? If so, she lied to the DMV ...

I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't have run the tags just to make sure the vehicle wasn't stolen or anything.

Date: June 10, 2009 09:36PM

I talked to the police officer, and he said that the same address was on her license and registration. I checked the PG co. property tax records online and it came up that the address doesn't exist. I'm going to call PG county tomorrow to confirm.

Posted by: Googler ()
Date: June 11, 2009 03:19PM

Did you try plugging the address into Google Maps to see what comes up? If it's a house, then it's probably a real address. If there's no exact match, then it's either made up or the cop didn't write it down accurately. Not that cops ever make mistakes or anything.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.