HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
When did the Alexandria Arthur Treacher's close?
Posted by: Wanted good fish ()
Date: September 11, 2015 11:40AM

I know the Fairfax Circle one disappeared earlier this year - but I thought there was one on Rt1 in "Faux" Alexandria. Evidently that's been gone for some time too.

Anyone know when it disappeared?

Evidently the one in DC is gone too. I guess the chain is finally dying.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When did the Alexandria Arthur Treacher's close?
Posted by: Brown Onion ()
Date: September 11, 2015 12:16PM

Too many people experiencing screaming bowels.

Posted by: Gruntled ()
Date: September 11, 2015 12:30PM

Wanted good fish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know the Fairfax Circle one disappeared earlier
> this year - but I thought there was one on Rt1 in
> "Faux" Alexandria. Evidently that's been gone for
> some time too.
>
> Anyone know when it disappeared?
>
> Evidently the one in DC is gone too. I guess the
> chain is finally dying.

I don't remember, since I rarely went there. I prefer Long John Silver's, because I think it had a higher fish-to-batter ratio. The last time I did go to that Arthur Treacher's, it took a LONG time to get the food out.

Posted by: trangert418 ()
Date: September 11, 2015 01:03PM

It's been gone for several years.

Posted by: Big Dick BlacKKK ()
Date: September 11, 2015 01:07PM

Good fucking riddance. Used to be good but I went to the Fairfax Circle location before it closed and the food was awful, the help lazy and surly, and there was a homeless bum sleeping/passed out in one of the booths and nobody who worked there seem to give a shit.

Date: September 12, 2015 09:47PM

Any Capt D's round NOVA, They are good for cheap fried fish, shrimp, clams. I may have seen um but "did not see um" mistaking them for another place that was a stomach ache and was not Arthur Treachers. Maybe some Long Dong something.

>and there was a homeless bum sleeping/passed out in one of the booths

Damm Good Sure Sign the food is Cheap And Good!

Fishmarket in Old Town has great fried seafood. I would love to get a Captains Platter and a dozen raw oysters some day after I win the lottery. I said great.. Not Cheap. Used to go in there quite a bit before I retired. The Italian Seafood stew "Cah Chew Co" was great too but sorry I cant spell it. Its on the menu. They only had schooners years back, kinda lousy beer not Slitz but something with a S I think..popular but not as good as "Hobo Junction" stuff

When Mr Ray owned it and for years after he died, new owners changed Fishmarket round in some ways not so good, but they do have many bottled beers today and many more menu items. .

I'll take a "Hobo Junction" Beer Please waiter with the food when it comes. "Natural Light" Best tasting beer on the planet with good seafood . pizza, spaghetti. A favorite in the trailer park on "Pay Day Steak and Beer Night" with some "Johnny Paycheck and Patsy and a bit of Earl to liven things up on the record player.

"I've Got Pins and Needles In My Heart" waiting for Obama to leave office.

http://fishmarketva.com/download/files/menus/Fish%20Market%20Main%20Menu%20May%202015.pdf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2015 10:07PM by Double Action Jackson.

Posted by: beware pubic hairs ()
Date: September 12, 2015 10:52PM

I used to eat at Long Dong Silvers until I heard something about someone finding a pubic hair in their coke there. I seem to recall it was a politician or judge or someone of similar ilk.

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: September 15, 2015 09:01AM

It closed 10pm weekends, 9pm weeknights.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 09:29PM by WingNut.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.