HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Innovation INOVA health Insurance = CRAP
Posted by: Fed-Up- ()
Date: September 08, 2015 03:03PM

AS we enter open season for selecting health insurance plans... don't make the mistake we've made for two years, choosing INNOVATION, INNOVA's plan.

It's administered by Aetna, and the sticky point is that they simply won't allow coverage or preauthorization of just about anything.

This plan is a fraud if I ever saw one. Fairfax County Schools gave it to their employees two years and bumped out Blue Cross Care-First for INNOVA. All I can say is someone must have been paid off to make this change. It's absurd - and really needs an investigation.

They are more expensive than Care First, and in the end, reject coverage of almost anything. Don't make the mistake of electing INNOVA. You will be living in a world of hate and red tape, and little coverage, if you do.

Best of luck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Innovation INOVA health Insurance = CRAP
Posted by: mwmPJ ()
Date: September 08, 2015 03:31PM

We're your services in-network?

Date: September 08, 2015 03:38PM

Yep. Almost all our doc's work for INOVA, which makes it more amazing.

These guys simply deny coverage, and do lots of foot-dragging on coverage.

BTW - a visit to the INVOA Emergency Room will run up a bill with INOVA subcontractors, who are out of network. Surprise, you just used an out-of-network doctor in the INOVA hospital, on their insurance plan, and you now owe $936 please.

Posted by: blanche ()
Date: September 08, 2015 03:46PM

I don't have Innovation insurance, but I recently had surgery at Fairfax -- surgery that recommended by my in-network doctor referred to an in-network surgeon at an in-network hospital. I got a notice from the non-network surgical support people that helped in the operating room that I would be responsible for their bill. WTF, I'm under the knife and they're trying this shit.

My insurer told me to file an appeal on this but really these clowns are not hospital employees and aren't in the network?

Letting folks know to check on this before you're under anesthesia. Its really a racket what goes on with medical insurance.

Date: September 08, 2015 04:54PM

INOVA seems to be a hiring hall of subcontractors. Just like Uber, they want no employees. You have to do a roll call there and kick all the out of network folks out of your room.

But, better yet make sure you aren't using the INOVA insurance INNOVATION.

Posted by: Dysgruntled ()
Date: September 09, 2015 06:12AM

I worked for Inova for many years. Practically all their docs are contract workers, as are the janitorial workers and a lot of the support staff. Maintenance, janitors, painters, food service are all subcontracted. The only MDs who are hospital employees are the pathologists (who diagnose tissue samples, perform autopsies, etc.). Secretaries, med techs, nurses are hospital employees. Inova tends to fire/squeeze out their long-timers and replace them with young immigrants who can barely string two or three words of English together.

Posted by: Aetna my ()
Date: September 09, 2015 11:10AM

ERs have contracted out doctors. We always get a separate bill from the ER physicians group for probably the last five years or more. The other thing is the wholesale change in nursing personnel in the ER in the twelve months between the last visit indicates they probably changed the supplier of nurses.

Posted by: whatdiduexpect ()
Date: September 09, 2015 11:35AM

They are all the same. Welcome to Obamacare. If you voted for Obama, then shut the fuck up and pay your bills.

Posted by: OBAMALAMA ()
Date: September 09, 2015 01:50PM

Platinum Carefirst plan direct from Carefirst.com is like 500 per month. Dump that shit and get in on the BCBS.

Posted by: hu6eP ()
Date: September 09, 2015 01:54PM

OBAMALAMA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Platinum Carefirst plan direct from Carefirst.com
> is like 500 per month. Dump that shit and get in
> on the BCBS.

What a deal.

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: September 09, 2015 06:59PM

whatdiduexpect Wrote:
> They are all the same. Welcome to Obamacare. If
> you voted for Obama, then shut the fuck up and pay
> your bills.

AGREED!! That is what O care is all about...

Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: September 09, 2015 09:55PM

whatdiduexpect Wrote:
> They are all the same. Welcome to Obamacare. If
> you voted for Obama, then shut the fuck up and pay
> your bills.

That's just stupid. This hasn't changed with Obamacare. Moron.

Posted by: 3NMV7 ()
Date: September 09, 2015 10:39PM

Greybeard Wrote:
> whatdiduexpect Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They are all the same. Welcome to Obamacare. If
> > you voted for Obama, then shut the fuck up and
> pay
> > your bills.
>
> That's just stupid. This hasn't changed with
> Obamacare. Moron.

Actually it has. e.g., Aetna no longer sells individual policies in NoVA. It's now all through Innovation/Inova. Which changes exactly what they mention as far as out of network doctors. Costs also about doubled.

Posted by: It Happened To Me ()
Date: September 10, 2015 05:37PM

Oh, my God, that same thing happened to me with the Emergency Room on 123. I got this crazy bill that I ignored until I got a collections notice. Finally I called the INOVA customer service and they handled it. Supposedly they do tell their sub-contractors not to bill, but the sub-contractors disregard that policy. I bet the sub-contractors just want to see who they can sucker out of some money.

Good luck. I do have to say my service has improved over time after a rough start.

Posted by: ACASucks ()
Date: September 15, 2015 07:03PM

The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) basically was written by the insurance lobby. Is it any surprise the stock prices of Aetna, Cigna, United Health etc, have basically not only beat the performance of the S&P100 over the past year but its performance over the past 5 years since the ACA became law.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.