HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
HOA selective enforcement
Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: August 23, 2015 08:22AM

can't complete with the ashley madison post, but does anyone have any experience with asserting that an HOA is selectively enforcing its bullshit rules against certain homeowners but not others?

anyone point to the virginia rules on that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HOA selective enforcement
Posted by: Barnaby Jones ()
Date: August 23, 2015 08:41AM

True, there's no limit to the prurient teenage stupidty that continuously trolls this site, but the people you need to talk to are lawyers. HOA's over-reach all the time, but they are often so full of themselves that they won't listen to any sort of reason unless there is some sort of threat behind it. Lawyers can provide that.

Posted by: h9P7b ()
Date: August 23, 2015 08:57AM

I will say that our HOA constantly nit-picks on the tiniest things (a bit of rust the size of a quarter if that at the bottom of the handrail leading up to the stairs to the front door? Really?)

...but are good at keeping the grass cut and the trash collection is on point (those men work HARD) so I won't complain and I go outside and put some muriatic acid on it and call it a day.

They are looking for ANY REASON to FINE anyone. I notice too the written warning is printed on the first, not postmarked until the 8th and they give you until the 12th to correct the error...sucks if you were out of town and don't collect your mail DAILY or the postman messes up....

Follow the $$$$$......goes for any "business".

Posted by: 6UUhX ()
Date: August 23, 2015 09:29AM

Join them and make a difference. One person opposed can make a difference in how they move forward. That's what I did when they were giving me shit. Usually there is an available spot on the board which can be easily won at the next "election".

Posted by: Some times ()
Date: August 23, 2015 05:47PM

6UUhX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Join them and make a difference. One person
> opposed can make a difference in how they move
> forward. That's what I did when they were giving
> me shit. Usually there is an available spot on the
> board which can be easily won at the next
> "election".

My in laws and some of their neighbor friends did just this a few years back. They got together and basically voted themselves in after getting fed up with the "Nazi" like HOA board. It was pretty bad from what they said. Several years down the road, they have become just as bad almost. Not on the same topics but on topics they feel strongly about.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.