HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Best Fall Festival in NoVA
Posted by: flarg ()
Date: August 12, 2015 09:44PM

So the high yellow leaves are already starting to come down in my yard, and it got me thinking about fall festivals in the area. I recall that Cox Farms is rated pretty well here, and is probably the closest to most of us. Our family's gone the past three years and really enjoyed it.

Are there others you recommend, either for ambience, food, rides, Halloween stuff, etc? We tried Ticonderoga Farms two years ago and weren't as impressed as we wanted to be (it was post-Halloween, however).

Any suggestions are appreciated, even if technically outside of FFX...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best Fall Festival in NoVA
Posted by: wha? ()
Date: August 12, 2015 10:31PM

Where do you live, Canada? It's August bro, there are no leaves changing yet. Sounds like you have a dying tree instead.

Posted by: What he said ()
Date: August 12, 2015 10:38PM

Damn Canadian!

Posted by: Leafologist ()
Date: August 13, 2015 10:24PM

Leaves start falling in early August in this hood. Not a lot, but enough to be a nuisance. Gotta head to Leesburg or The Plains to find a good commercial fall fun place.

Date: August 14, 2015 09:27PM

You're right, @Leafologist, they are certainly giving a light dusting to my driveway and lawn.

Just got me thinking is all about fall festivals. My mom is Canadian, however!

Date: September 01, 2015 04:25PM

Okay, so now that it's September, does anyone have an opinion?

Posted by: Burkist ()
Date: September 01, 2015 05:02PM

Burke Nursery has a decent one (when they aren't on fire) if you're in that area.

Come to think on it, it is rather odd both the Burke Fire Station, and right next door, the Nursery have caught on fire in the past. At least the Nursery knew how to put out the fire without the whole place going up.

Posted by: GreenB ()
Date: September 01, 2015 06:45PM

The Manassas Jubilee is a one day festival in October in Old Town Manassas. It's worth going to.

Date: September 01, 2015 07:41PM

Thanks

Posted by: Hans ()
Date: September 01, 2015 08:19PM

Fort Belvoir's Oktoberfest is pretty nice. Live music, beers, fest tent, and as many rides and games as a small county fair.

Posted by: Occoquan Craft Show ()
Date: September 01, 2015 10:38PM

Late September in the streets of Occoquan, Free If you can walk in, 5 dollars for a round trip shuttle bus ride, Loads of Carnival food , walking the fall streets, down by the river. Your Woman will be looking at all the "chick junk", let her be and have a good time. No beer in the street . Restaurants have drinks, beer, more food.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.