HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ms. Elizabeth Bumbrey,
Posted by: Fairax vila ()
Date: July 20, 2015 08:18PM

What is your views on This Lady?
We are proud to announce that Ms. Elizabeth Bumbrey, has been selected as the principal of Fairfax Villa Elementary School effective July 1, 2015.

Ms. Bumbrey brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the school and our region. She began her Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) career in 1994 as a teacher at Poplar Tree Elementary School. She has also taught at Rachel Carson Middle School and Liberty Middle School. Ms. Bumbrey has also served in the role of 8th Grade English SOL Curriculum Coordinator and Test Coordinator. She is currently an assistant principal at Eagle View Elementary School.

Ms. Bumbrey earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree at the University of South Carolina and her Master of Arts degree at George Mason University. A lifelong learner, Ms. Bumbrey also completed the LEAD Fairfax programs for Administrative Interns and the Aspiring Principals’ Cohort. A Nationally Board Certified Teacher Ms. Bumbrey is a strong instructional leader with a passion for teacher leadership, quality instruction, building strong community relations and student success. Her extensive and unique skills will serve the Fairfax Villa staff, students, parents, and community well.

Please join us in welcoming Ms. Bumbrey as the new principal of Fairfax Villa Elementary School.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ms. Elizabeth Bumbrey,
Posted by: shes 40-44 years old ()
Date: July 20, 2015 08:20PM

Name: Elizabeth Bumbrey
Email: ERBumbrey@fcps.edu

Ms. Bumbrey joined the Eagle View ES staff during winter of 2010 as the Assistant Principal. As a former FCPS elementary and middle school teacher, teacher leader, and program manager Ms. Bumbrey has experience working with a variety of students and staff members. As the Assistant Principal of Eagle View ES, Ms. Bumbrey will continue to support students by addressing discipline concerns, conducting teacher observations in addition to serving as the testing coordinator.

Ms. Bumbrey received her bachelor’s degree from the University of South Carolina in education and a master’s in education from George Mason University. In addition, she was awarded with National Board Certification in Early Adolescence English/Language Arts in 2001. Ms. Bumbrey participated in the LEAD Fairfax Accelerated Certification Cohort I and earned her administrative endorsement in June 2006. She resides in Haymarket with her husband and daughter.

Posted by: Answering the question ()
Date: July 21, 2015 05:45PM

Liz Bumbrey is grounded and always very calm when things are not well. Liz supported her former principal (Patricia Granada) that may be on the autism spectrum. Liz had to deal with the non-white kids and she carried that school. The other assistant principal(Sandy Edwards) at Eagle View blew alot of hot air and kept IEP meetings going on forever to prove to others that she is knowledgeable.

Posted by: KenkaCuteWarm ()
Date: July 23, 2015 11:45PM

Patty's passive aggression has forced teachers to always watch their back. When she doesn't like a person then she makes the working conditions unbearable to make them go to transfair. Teachers resent being pulled away from their daily work of improving their effectiveness as a teacher for trivial or unproductive reasons. But Patty doesn't get it.... She needs to go...... NOW....

Posted by: Nanahelen ()
Date: August 02, 2015 08:14PM

Maybe this is why we had so much turn over since Debi Tyler left and Patty took over. Now I am hearing that Patty and Sandy for personal reason pushed out the counselor for special education. I guess it true because his job is posted.

School Counselor Eagle View Elem 100.0

Posted by: Nanstield ()
Date: September 06, 2015 08:05AM

Mrs. Brumbrey was amazing at Eagle View and she will be missed.

Posted by: Concerned Dad ()
Date: September 06, 2015 08:17AM

Is she hot?

Posted by: IffyWeblog ()
Date: January 28, 2016 12:58PM

Fairfax Villa is lucky to have a great teacher leader. Mrs. Brumbrey was the best administrator I ever worked for and I am very thankful for everything she taught me. She is a great administrator so leave her alone!

Posted by: The House ()
Date: January 28, 2016 05:15PM

I like the sound of her name. I would support her candidacy for the House of Burgesses, just to be able to say "Burgess Bumbrey"

Posted by: booker ()
Date: August 24, 2017 10:36PM

Why did nearly 25 people leave Fairfax Villa? What happened? I was hoping for Mrs. Bumbrey's success but WOW

Posted by: Informed Parent ()
Date: August 24, 2017 11:09PM

Leave our principal and our school off this board, please!

I'm a parent and community member who has had substantial interaction with this educational leader, and based on her evident instructional expertise and interpersonal skills, I have full confidence in her leadership. Every time I spend a lot of time in the school, I am reassured our children are in good hands. My view is that staff members move to new jobs in different organizations for a variety of reasons, mostly related to family needs or career advancement. And if some individuals leave because they don't like a leader's vision or style, I don't assume that reflects poorly on the one vs. the other.

Why aren't you addressing your concerns directly with the person? What good can come of suggesting negative things about her here instead?

Posted by: Look at posts on Fairfax Villa ()
Date: August 25, 2017 01:12AM

All you have to do is look at other posts about Fairfax Villa and see some answers. She is an authoritative, does not listen to her staff, came from a school that had issues already, has an assistant principal from her previous school, and does anyone really think she would be fired knowing she is a black woman? No, I expect she will be at OPM in a few years.

Posted by: Walkthrough ()
Date: August 25, 2017 01:44AM

Ms. Brumbrey, was amazing at Eagle View and kept a number of teachers from leaving while Patty Granada was principal.

Patty Granada used harassing supervision to encourage a lot of teachers to leave. She used alternative methods to pressure teachers and it worked. The other Assistant Principal, Ms. Edwards, wouldn't follow the district’s formal procedure for evaluating teachers. A former teacher at Eagle View, a few years, decided to fight back as she was never received a single classroom observation formal or informal in the CSS program.

Patty Granada Sandra "Sandy" Edwards had a number of complaints which lead to a series of events. Patty Granada had to leave Eagle View and went to another school just recently because of all of the internal investigations. In the midst of everything that was going on at Eagle View, Ms. Brumbrey received a well deserved promotion to Fairfax Villa. A number of staff were happy to see that Mrs. Brumbrey didn't take part in the constructive discharge plans by Patty Granada and Sandy Edwards to create a intolerable working environment for a number of teachers and staff.

Ms. Brumbrey deserved her promotion.

Posted by: Nachos ()
Date: August 25, 2017 11:55PM

I'm so glad I don't teach anymore. Don't miss the drama one bit!

Posted by: Got my vote ()
Date: August 26, 2017 03:26AM

she's fine. stop being paranoid

Posted by: There is no vote ()
Date: August 27, 2017 03:40AM

Funny thing there is no voting. You are just at the mercy of FCPS system that recycles their problems over and over. Do not worry though, she will a principal at another school soon.

Posted by: Ellington ()
Date: August 30, 2017 11:05AM

How in the world does Patty Granada still is has a principal-ship??? From the grievances, investigations, complaints, large staff turnover, and so on....

I guess FCPS respect principals more than teachers.

Look at the former principal Toni Rose from Coates Elementary who moved into administration with Fairfax County Publics (but it was a demotion to Kent Gardens).

Posted by: ferris ()
Date: September 01, 2017 05:01PM

Besides needing to attract teachers, there's the issue of teacher turnover. The past two years many teachers left Fairfax Villa and hopefully things will get better.

You’ll notice it’s not just that more teachers are leaving, but that more and more tenured, experienced teachers are leaving. The mentors of the beginning teachers. The department chairs. The leadership team members. The teachers any principal needs upon which to build a school.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.