HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tysons Corner Flea Market (Old Eastern Motors Bldg)
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 26, 2009 07:22AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 10:11PM by WingNut.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tysons Corner Flea Market (Old Eastern Motors Bldg)
Posted by: gen ()
Date: June 05, 2009 11:32PM

From what I understand, this will be the Metro stop in Tysons. They have 5 years before they have to give it up. The vendors have some great variety and super bargains. From old to new to antique and collectible. It will go like hotcakes when it catches on and folks realize it will be there every Sat. I say - check it out! It's worth your time!!!

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 06, 2009 12:14PM

OK, I stopped by the Tysons flea market a little while ago...

The entrance to the dilapidated old parking lot is located off Tyco Rd. And despite the rows of signs along 7, it's actually sort of easy to miss the place- it's small. There are about a dozen or so vendors set up, along with a "Tito's Catering" truck (I didn't bother looking at the menu but assume Tito is selling the typical pupusa/taco stuff).

As far as the vendors, it's mostly crap. Orientel rugs, picture frames, bohemian sundresses, old costume jewelry, junky electronics (one sign read "this printer works, but sometimes you need to tap the button a few times), ceramic knick knacks, rickety end tables and dressers, etc. etc. The only [mildly] interesting table was an older gentleman selling "nostalgia"-type items. Vintage postcards & movie pictures, antique military pins and buttons, old photographs, etc. Other than that, this flea market is pretty lame. The prices looked higher than I expected too.

I sorta feel bad cuz there were only like 3 or 4 other customers walking around. And it's obvious that some of the vendors traveled from other areas to set up shop here (one guy thought my Nats shirt had something to do with cigars).

So, definitely don't plan a trip to Tysons just for this tiny, pathetic junk sale. Based on what I saw, I can't imagine it lasting very long.

Posted by: Sneed Hearn ()
Date: June 06, 2009 02:12PM

Tysons Corner Flea Market (Old Eastern Motors Bldg)

And remember, your job's your credit.

Border Security is CHEAPER Than Wars
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 07, 2009 09:52AM

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2015 07:03PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Vendor ()
Date: June 26, 2009 08:02PM

I drove by the site today and saw the sign for the flea market, which led me to this post... does anyone have the phone number from that sign or know who to call about space? If it's free (as it should be for a new market) I can spread the news to other vendors of vintage goods.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.