HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Punishment for Keg Registration Removal?
Posted by: GoodTimes ()
Date: June 16, 2015 09:42AM

So my friend rented a keg of beer using his fake ID. Now if we happened to have a party, we'd like to remove the keg registration tags in case the police were to show up and he wouldn't be liable. Since we rented it, we paid a $30 deposit for returning the keg. Now if we scratched off the Keg registration, does it mean that we just don't get back our deposit or does something more serious happen upon return?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Punishment for Keg Registration Removal?
Posted by: eat the $30 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 09:49AM

This happened to a buddy of mine a few years back. He went to return the keg without the registration sticker. The guy at the store told him to hold on a second while he "looked it up in the system" in the back of the store. About 5 minutes later a VA ABC officer showed up arrested him and charged him with a whole bunch of stuff. He got out of prison just before Christmas this past year, but he is still on probation.

Posted by: mjs ()
Date: June 16, 2015 10:18AM

GT

Nothing should happen

Ive used freinds kegs before as deposits for kegs I ordered. no black helicopters. you'll get your money back.

Posted by: bottoms up ()
Date: June 16, 2015 10:50AM

Why would you remove it anyway? If the police show up and find him with the keg he is just as guilty. I have exchanged a different keg many times, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Posted by: Think First ()
Date: June 16, 2015 06:29PM

I think the issue is underage drinking. If anyone that drinks from that keg leaves the party and drives and causes an accident you and your friend can be held liable. Same if some drinks from the keg leaves the party and is hurt or killed in any type of accident - You and your friend are liable.

Who is the home owner? They are liable even if they don't know about your little get together.

I learned this lesson 30 years ago. I refused to buy beer for a buddies younger brother. He got pissed off, and had his older brother buy a case for him and his buddy. 4 hours later on RT 1 there was a fatal accident. The first question his mother asked was who bought the beer.

It was her oldest son buying beer for her youngest son - She kept her mouth shut, but if I had made the purchase I would be done.

Posted by: doobie ()
Date: June 17, 2015 12:46AM

Think First Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the issue is underage drinking. If anyone
> that drinks from that keg leaves the party and
> drives and causes an accident you and your friend
> can be held liable. Same if some drinks from the
> keg leaves the party and is hurt or killed in any
> type of accident - You and your friend are
> liable.
>
> Who is the home owner? They are liable even if
> they don't know about your little get together.
>
> I learned this lesson 30 years ago. I refused to
> buy beer for a buddies younger brother. He got
> pissed off, and had his older brother buy a case
> for him and his buddy. 4 hours later on RT 1 there
> was a fatal accident. The first question his
> mother asked was who bought the beer.
>
> It was her oldest son buying beer for her youngest
> son - She kept her mouth shut, but if I had made
> the purchase I would be done.

+1

This is similar to what happened to my buddy. Charges start adding up when you've got a bunch of asshole friends, dick cops and prosecutors, and a ruthless judge. My buddy thought he'd do us all a favor and get the keg with the fake ID, but he ended up screwing his life over for one night of fun. He served time over it and is barely starting his life over at this point.

Don't be fooled, even if the sticker on the keg is ripped off, they can and will trace it.

Buy a bunch of cases instead.

I made out OK from that night, graduated college, make some decent coin now, but because of that one night, my buddy is going through hell. He's had to bide his time at NOVA while he begs colleges to let him in. His grades are stellar, but he's got a record that haunts him forever.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: June 17, 2015 03:52AM

eat the $30 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This happened to a buddy of mine a few years back.
> He went to return the keg without the
> registration sticker. The guy at the store told
> him to hold on a second while he "looked it up in
> the system" in the back of the store. About 5
> minutes later a VA ABC officer showed up arrested
> him and charged him with a whole bunch of stuff.
> He got out of prison just before Christmas this
> past year, but he is still on probation.

Wait what shitforbrains? Your friend went to prison for multiple years for a misdemeanor? NOT FUCKIN' BUYING IT.

Anyway, what's the point of returning a keg with no sticker? You WANT them to record that you're returning the keg you rented.

In the case of the OP's ''friend''.. what a RETARD. If the keg was rented with a false ID why should he worry about returning it? How would they find him?

Posted by: i call bs ()
Date: June 17, 2015 09:37AM

When I was in college (which was, granted, ten years ago) I pulled that sticker off the kegs I bought before I even closed the trunk at the FoodTime and threw it way in the FoodTime trash cans. Lots of times! No one ever said shit when I returned the empties. And anyway, the penalty for no sticker is financial (a fine) and the penalty for providing beer to minors is criminal. Easy choice!

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 17, 2015 09:40AM

I did 6 months in an Alabama prison farm for removing a mattress tag in the 90's.

Straighten up and fly right. Keep your nose clean. Say no to drugs.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: i call bs ()
Date: June 17, 2015 09:42AM

btw to OP - if you really bought a keg on a fake ID, take off the sticker, leave the empty on the side of the road somewhere some night, and be glad as shit that it only cost you $30. Buying a keg on a fake ID is painfully stupid.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.