HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Prosperity Creepers
Posted by: Anne Oyed ()
Date: April 07, 2015 01:28PM

Dear People who live on Prosperity:
I know that it must be infuriating to live on a narrow road and have maniacs thunder down it like they are in the 500 in order to hit route 50. I also know that you are probably terribly concerned for your kids in the morning when they have to walk down that road to reach a bus stop. However, the solution is NOT to drive 10 miles an hour BELOW the speed limit. You creeping along the road does not result in a net average of the cars going the actual speed limit: you are NOT bringing down the overall speed of traffic just because you are holding up 50 people who are losing their minds as you crawl along. PLEASE, at least go the speed limit. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Prosperity Creepers
Posted by: sure ()
Date: April 07, 2015 05:01PM

sure it's not just the morons who are scared of driving over those two super-shitty pothole zones? People either drive 1 mph or drive across the yellow lines into oncoming traffic to avoid them.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: April 07, 2015 05:05PM

Mexicans that cant read the road signs in English even though they were able to get drivers licenses.

Posted by: trudat ()
Date: April 08, 2015 11:43AM

Good point-bite me!

Posted by: Semi-Creepa ()
Date: April 08, 2015 11:53AM

I semi-creep when cutting through mostly because the cops sit right at that one intersection and give out 20-over tickets all the time.

Posted by: mbPNj ()
Date: April 08, 2015 01:38PM

Telling someone to go "at least the speed limit" is basically saying, "Go break the law." Unfortunately for OP, the speed limit is not a suggested speed. It is the maximum speed. Perhaps the driver didn't want to hit a person or an animal on what the OP correctly stated is a narrow road, with sometimes no shoulder.

Moral to the story, if you don't live there, perhaps you should not use Prosperity to cut from 50 to 236 or vice versa.

I live in Reston and we have swarms of spandex-wearing bike clubs up here that are the "creepers" holding up traffic.

Posted by: Anne Oyed ()
Date: April 09, 2015 09:59AM

mbPNj:
i grew up in the Reston area and know the bikers you are speaking off. With myriad bike trails in Reston, it is amazing that the bikers just HAVE to go through the streets during rush hour. Also, I am not advocating that people break the law, i want them to go the speed limit. The people who live there are trying to make a point, but it shouldnt be at the expense of people who are trying to get to work. It is not uncommon to get behind someone going ten to fifteen miles under the limit. Also, the road is public, I will use it to cut through- no reason not to except for the creepers

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.