HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
arrest/ticket search question
Posted by: dude420 ()
Date: July 10, 2006 06:24AM

if a ticket you received recently doesnt show up in the search does that mean your off the hook? does it have to relate to it being in fairfax city?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: arrest/ticket search question
Posted by: los logos ()
Date: July 10, 2006 07:14AM

A. only CONVICTIONS will show up on the search

B. I doubt the search is 100% accurate

Your name won't be on there until after you go to court

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: July 10, 2006 07:45AM

No no no... the list has nothing to do with convictions. It is arrests and traffic tickets.

And it only reflects arrests and actions by the Fairfax County Police Department. If the OP was busted by a Fairfax City cop then it wouldn't be in the list.

How recent was the ticket? The updates are done weekly and for the most part are one or two weeks old. I'd say 90% are within two weeks old, 99% are within four weeks, and 1% are weird years-old entries.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: July 10, 2006 01:11PM

1. the search is 100% accurate to ffx county's ability to provide the data. Cary just does a raw copy of the file into his DB.

2. It can take a few weeks for your ticket or arrest to show up.

3. If your ticket was not given to you by the FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE and no other local cops, then it will show up. If you got a ticket from the city of fairfax, for instance, it won't show in the search because they have a seperate system.

Posted by: Question ()
Date: July 10, 2006 01:34PM

RESton Peace Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. the search is 100% accurate to ffx county's
> ability to provide the data. Cary just does a raw
> copy of the file into his DB.
>
> 2. It can take a few weeks for your ticket or
> arrest to show up.
>
> 3. If your ticket was not given to you by the
> FAIRFAX COUNTY POLICE and no other local cops,
> then it will show up. If you got a ticket from
> the city of fairfax, for instance, it won't show
> in the search because they have a seperate system.

wheres this system located?

Date: July 10, 2006 01:37PM

the city of faifax, afaik, does not make their arrests available via a large teXt file each week like faifax county, but every general district court in VA is represented on the state court info website:

http://www.courts.state.va.us/courts/courts.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2006 05:25PM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: los logoss ()
Date: July 10, 2006 04:35PM

pgens, I will say it again, you must be convicted of the arrest inorder for it to show up. And fyi, a traffic ticket is an arrest. Hence you see all the reckless tickets that are reduced to improper and the DUI's reduced to reckless.
I never said "Cary's list wasn't accurate" I was refering to the actual county list. They deal with over a quarter million arrests a year and I can tell you that many slip through this database. Just because your name would be on the list, you're not "off the hook".

Posted by: dude420 ()
Date: July 10, 2006 05:22PM

okay got the ticket on june 3rd by a fairfax city cop and its not on the list and the court date on the ticket is tommorow. so the ticket not being on list doesnt mean shit?

Date: July 10, 2006 05:26PM

> pgens, I will say it again, you must be convicted of the
> arrest inorder for it to show up

los logoss: you can think whatever you want and repeat it as many times as you want, but you are wrong. The date in the arrest database as you say is the ticket date or the "arrest" date. Think about what you are saying... court dates are not one week from the day you get a ticket, therefore there cannot be a conviction date that soon. A speeding ticket's court date will be a couple of months away if you are lucky.

There are plenty of non-traffic related arrests, like murders and stuff, one week old in the list. Do you mean to tell me someone was arrested for murder one week ago and has been through the court system and convicted?

And if all that doesn't convince you, here is what the FCPD site says about the arrest data that Cary uses:

"The Weekly Arrest Listing provides the names of persons arrested by the Fairfax County Police Department and DOES NOT indicate the outcome of any judicial hearing. All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty."

Please re-read "and DOES NOT indicate the outcome of any judicial hearing" a few times to yourself until the light bulb turns on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2006 05:27PM by pgens.

Date: July 10, 2006 05:26PM

dude420 Wrote:
> okay got the ticket on june 3rd by a fairfax city
> cop and its not on the list and the court date on
> the ticket is tommorow. so the ticket not being on
> list doesnt mean shit?

Bingo. Different systems.

Date: July 10, 2006 05:35PM

That's not true, los logoss, and I can prove you are wrong with my own records. A driving on suspended charge that I was not convicted of still shows up on the arrest list.

You are incorrect that one must have been convicted for the crime to show, while you may be right about a few cases slipping through the reporting system. Big deal, pgens is still correct on the whole.

As for you, dude420, I would advise you to observe only what is on the ticket. It is the overruling and original document...so yes, your ticket not being on the list does not mean shit. Go by what the thing says. If you must, there is a hotline on the back of the ticket you can call for more info.

edit: Sorry Pgens I weas typing mine as you were finishing yours.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2006 05:37PM by RESton Peace.

Posted by: los logos ()
Date: July 10, 2006 07:33PM

it appears that you guys are right. I did not read the top, I'm just surprised ffx makes the data base before convictions available to the public.

although you guys are probably very happy with yourselves about being right, just remember that you had to use your own arrests as examples.. ha losers

and for the last time, a ticket is an arrest. They are no different other than one is summons releasable and the other is not.

pgens, a speeding ticket can, and usually is within 30-45 days of the offense depending on the offiers dockett.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 10, 2006 07:38PM

> if a ticket you received recently doesnt show up in the search does that mean
> your off the hook?

Yes you are off the hook, just print a copy of that search screen and give it to the judge at your hearing.

Date: July 10, 2006 07:58PM

I am feeling pretty smug and self-satisfied.

And he won't be off the hook. I don't know how to explain this more politely but I will try. He is due to go to Fairfax City Court, located on Armstrong St. Cary's arrest search covers the jurisdiction of the Fairfax County courts, a jurisdiction that the city of fairfax does not have any connection with as far as issuing tickets or maintaining databases of arrests such as tickets.

So Cary's search does not reflect any of the goings on involving police inside the city of fairfax.

Nobody ever disagreed a ticket is an arrest... that's been discussed in the past on the board.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 10, 2006 09:33PM

I was being stupid & sarcastic dude, I just think it's funny if someone showed up in traffic court with a print-out from that database. I mean, c'mon!

Date: July 10, 2006 09:40PM

los logos Wrote:
> although you guys are probably very happy with
> yourselves about being right, just remember that
> you had to use your own arrests as examples.. ha
> losers
>
> and for the last time, a ticket is an arrest. They
> are no different other than one is summons
> releasable and the other is not.
>
> pgens, a speeding ticket can, and usually is
> within 30-45 days of the offense depending on the
> offiers dockett.

No one disputed your points about a tickey being an arrest... we were agreeing with you. And this isn't about being right, I was simply attempting to explain an innacurate post so other readers won't be confused... nothing personal at all.

Posted by: TI ()
Date: February 26, 2016 11:29PM

you wont find no goodies in de rdats fo sure.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.