HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The "Stupid Fucking Nog" Chronicles
Posted by: Ace Reporter ()
Date: March 04, 2015 03:24PM

http://www.fauquiernow.com/index.php/fauquier_news/article/fauquier-joe-boxer-his-own-lawyer-fighting-three-drug-charges-2015

Wearing nothing but boxer shorts, the convicted drug dealer allegedly ran from police who raided his Midland home in July 2013 and disappeared for nine months.

His attire again surfaced as an issue Wednesday morning as LaFonzo French served as his own lawyer in Fauquier County Circuit Court.

“I’m gonna direct you to change into” civilian clothes, Judge Jeffrey W. Parker told Mr. French, wearing a baggy blue jail jumpsuit and huge white bedroom slippers.

As the trial on cocaine and methamphetamine distribution charges began, Judge Parker warned Mr. French that ignoring the directive would eliminate any right to appeal a conviction, based on his appearance before the jury.

“I’m not giving up any right,” the defendant responded. “There’s not cause. There’s not any rule in the criminal rules of process for it.”

And, so it went for an hour Wednesday morning, as the court impaneled a jury of five women and seven men to render a verdict on three felony charges.

Mr. French gained notoriety when he slipped wrist restraints, ran into the woods near his house and remained at large for most of a year. The manhunt closed on him last April in a small-town Minnesota apartment.

The defendant — who got the moniker “Joe Boxer” in social media posts about his case — has remained at the Winchester regional jail since then.

As proceedings began Wednesday, Mr. French challenged the search warrant used to raid his home the morning of July 1, 2013.

He accused Magistrate Milt Harding, Circuit Court Clerk Gail Barb, General District Judge Gregory Ashwell and sheriff’s detectives of “malfeasance.”

“You’re saying the clerk falsified the search warrant?” Judge Parker asked Mr. French.

“Not only the clerk, but Magistrate C.M. Harding,” the defendant responded.

The defendant argued that the prosecution failed to provide copies of the search warrant in a timely manner.

“I’d like to make a motion for a continuance . . . so I can gather evidence for a good defense,” Mr. French asked.

With index finger pressed against his right temple, Judge Parker leaned back in a black leather chair and squinted as he listened to the defendant list four state code sections to buttress his argument.

Things again got complicated when the judge asked Mr. French to enter his plea on each of three felony charges.

“I am not the legal fiction of LaFonzo French,” the defendant responded. “I am here on behalf of the birth certificate.”

The judge said: “It’s very simple. Plead, guilty, not guilty or no contest.”

After several such exchanges, the judge entered three “not guilty” pleas on behalf of Mr. French and moved the case to jury selection.

Mr. French worked at the defense table, next to “stand-by counsel,” Deputy Public Defender Kevin Gerrity, whom the judge appointed to help ensure a fair trial.

Mr. Gerrity’s office has “civilian clothes” for defendants to wear in court.

“I’m quite fine,” Mr. French said of his jumpsuit. “He’s not my counsel and can’t provide my clothes.”

The defendant asked prospective jurors if his attire, his hair — dreadlocks tied atop his head — or his race, African American, would affect their ability to judge him fairly.

Many of the 27 prospective jurors said no and shook their heads.

In his opening statement, Mr. French told the jury that the prosecution “has no probable cause, no search warrant and the search warrants they have presented are falsified . . . . You shouldn’t be here.

“This should have been dismissed at (the preliminary hearing in) general district court.”

The evidence will show Mr. French had drugs, ready for distribution, in the bedroom and kitchen freezer of his Beach Road home when police raided it at daybreak in July 2013, Senior Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Russell L. Rabb III told the jury.

After a break, Mr. Rabb began presenting his case late Wednesday morning.

He's a real smart looking one aint he?
Attachments:
3.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The "Stupid Fucking Nog" Chronicles
Posted by: nigger lover22 ()
Date: March 04, 2015 03:55PM

niggers gonna nig

Posted by: Nig Nog ()
Date: March 04, 2015 04:58PM

LaFonzo? You could have stopped there and we could have pretty much filled in the rest.

Posted by: Sit On It Ralph ()
Date: March 04, 2015 05:01PM

LaFonzo?

Black cousin of this guy?

1104sr_01_z+the_fonz+.jpg

Posted by: The Mike O'Mears Show Fan ()
Date: March 04, 2015 05:25PM

I'm in this skittle's corner. The judge is wrong about several things. He does need to lay off the 'I'm here representing the birth certificate' stuff... that's a white man's game.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.