HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Uber
Posted by: @uberx ()
Date: February 17, 2015 02:08AM

Do you think Uber will be up and running? It's dangerous out there.
Attachments:
shutterstock_201284519.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uber snow
Posted by: uberX ()
Date: February 17, 2015 02:57AM

Drivers are always out, but it might take a while on a night like tonight. I was out until midnite with winter tires & tire cables and had had enough by that point...and it's snowed 3 more inches since then. There wasn't enough surge pricing going on to make it worth my time. People in shitbox cars were stuck all over the place in DC and Arlington.

If you're in a pinch and no one's around, you can move the pin closer to DC where a driver is always available, hit request, then immediately call/text him your actual address. You'll have to promise at least a $20 in cash for him to even consider it being worth his time coming out past Falls Church. And if you just want a mile-long ride down the street to your baby momma's house, he just might kick you out halfway there. Or you can request a Black SUV which would end up costing about the same, and you'd be a lot more at ease and comfortable on the ride than in a Camry.

By daylight tomorrow, drivers will be all over the place as usual.

And you should private message stuff like this.
Attachments:
image.jpg

Re: Uber
Posted by: Shawshank ()
Date: February 17, 2015 04:02AM

Uber sent out a message to drivers more or less encouraging them to be out during Tuesday morning's commute, but based on the message traffic on the local Uber driver message board it will be pretty sparse out there with long wait times unless you are in Arlington or DC.

The suggested tactic of placing a pin and then calling with an updated address will almost guarantee having your ride request cancelled. I know that that is what I would do if I was actually in DC.

Re: Uber
Posted by: uberX ()
Date: February 17, 2015 12:52PM

Shawshank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The suggested tactic of placing a pin and then
> calling with an updated address will almost
> guarantee having your ride request cancelled. I
> know that that is what I would do if I was
> actually in DC.
>

During a dead-slow time, I'd drive to the pin if it was within a mile or so, wait the 5 minutes, then cancel as a no-show and collect my $4. And then wait and see if the rider's dumb enough to do it again. If the rider promised that $20+ to come way out, I'd need it in my pocket before the ride started. If he/she stiffed me on the cash, I'd ghost-ride him/her all the way back in to DC.

But on the otherhand, you'd be surprised at what the immigrant drivers will be willing to do for their $8 an hour.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.