HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why is it every time I drive through Vienna some douchebag in a BMW or Audi cuts me off on 123?
Posted by: Infrequent Commuter ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:10PM

I drive through Vienna only a couple times a month for offsite meetings for work but it seems like every damned time in the past year some BMW or Audi douchebag cuts me off on 123 just before Nutley Street. I'm sure other cars are involved, but it feels like those are the most frequent. Is it something about that intersection or what?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why is it every time I drive through Vienna some douchebag in a BMW or Audi cuts me off on 123?
Posted by: Dirk Diggler ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:13PM

Quit driving like a slow-ass geiser and perhaps people won't have to go around you.

Re: Why is it every time I drive through Vienna some douchebag in a BMW or Audi cuts me off on 123?
Posted by: Infrequent Commuter ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:16PM

I'm not driving slow, usually do 5 or so over the limit (too much faster and the cops will nab you. Happened twice to a friend doing 10 over in that same area.) And they're not going around me just to go faster but cutting me off entirely to cut across 2 lanes and turn. WTF? Don't they plan for their turns?

Posted by: das m5 ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:17PM

Quit driving like a bitch, what do you drive? I'll be sure to cut you off. I'm in the silver m5 with "das m5" plates.

Posted by: Have at him... ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:28PM

He's just a downscale douchebag from the decaying underbelly of Falls Church who's butthurt over the relative beauty and evident prosperity of Vienna.

Posted by: Flawed ()
Date: January 05, 2015 05:38PM

Your correlation is somewhat flawed.

Due to the extraordinarily high number of douchebags in Vienna more generally, it merely appears to involve BMWs and Audis at a higher rate than elsewhere. Plenty of douchebags in Volvos and Subarus who also will cut you off.

Not that BMW and Audi drivers aren't douchebags but that's another matter.

Posted by: Tapawingo Rd ()
Date: January 05, 2015 06:07PM

Flawed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your correlation is somewhat flawed.
>
> Due to the extraordinarily high number of
> douchebags in Vienna more generally, it merely
> appears to involve BMWs and Audis at a higher rate
> than elsewhere. Plenty of douchebags in Volvos
> and Subarus who also will cut you off.
>
> Not that BMW and Audi drivers aren't douchebags
> but that's another matter.

True. No doubt has more to do with the higher than normal probability of encountering a douchebag in Vienna in general than the make of the car.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: January 05, 2015 06:14PM

Did he have a mattress attached to the roof? If he did I wouldn't mess with him. The Vienna Mattress Mafia will have you wacked. They run that town.

Posted by: Have at him... ()
Date: January 05, 2015 06:15PM

LOL! Fun with goobers. It's like putting all the Dodg'em cars on autopilot.

Posted by: No they wont ()
Date: January 05, 2015 08:48PM

Infrequent Commuter Wrote:
> I'm not driving slow, usually do 5 or so over the
> limit (too much faster and the cops will nab you.
> Happened twice to a friend doing 10 over in that
> same area.) And they're not going around me just
> to go faster but cutting me off entirely to cut
> across 2 lanes and turn. WTF? Don't they plan for
> their turns?

I have been driving through Vienna North and South for 10 years. In the morning I do 45-50 until Nutley, at least 40 to Follin, and back up to 45 through Tyson's, and do the same on the reverse commute home. I have never been stopped or ticketed. I see the cops every morning and afternoon and know exactly where their favorite spots are.

Posted by: dick tickler ()
Date: January 05, 2015 09:57PM

Dirk Diggler Wrote:
> Quit driving like a slow-ass geiser and perhaps
> people won't have to go around you.

Driving like a geiser? Or a geyser? Would old faithful be on time if it had to deal with traffic on Maple Avenue?

Posted by: Traffic Calming Measure ()
Date: January 05, 2015 10:01PM

This story is a fake...to be cut off, cars have to actually be in motion, and cars don't move on Maple Avenue.

Posted by: Beamer ()
Date: January 05, 2015 10:02PM

Go get a real car like a BMW or Audi and you won't have everybody hating!

Posted by: Full Cry Shop ()
Date: January 05, 2015 10:13PM

Traffic Calming Measure Wrote:
> This story is a fake...

The dope who wrote it is a fake. All that rings true about him are the staggering piles of butthurt.

Posted by: Conrad's ()
Date: January 05, 2015 10:23PM

I had a case of piles after sitting in traffic on Maple Avenue...

Posted by: Coach Christie ()
Date: January 05, 2015 11:44PM

Go behind one of the many mattress stores in Vienna, pick up some down and feathers out of a dumpster, and make yourself a hemorood pillow...that'll fix your piles!

Posted by: Troll Buster ()
Date: January 06, 2015 02:05PM

Infrequent Commuter Wrote:
> I'm not driving slow, usually do 5 or so over the
> limit (too much faster and the cops will nab you.
> Happened twice to a friend doing 10 over in that
> same area.) And they're not going around me just
> to go faster but cutting me off entirely to cut
> across 2 lanes and turn. WTF? Don't they plan for
> their turns?

You just outed yourself by claiming to have a friend. Now everyone knows you're a liar. You're clearly a no-life, butthurt loser who needs to pedal his Prius faster.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.